1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you die from your flu and weaknesses, your health insurance will pick up the tab!

Win/Win Risk/Reward proposition!!!!

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The enormous jump in COVID-19 hospitalizations here in Texas can largely be traced to Memorial Day weekend. A huge number of Texans, encouraged by the absence of leadership from Abbott and Patrick, went out and had a good time while pretending that they had nothing to worry about. "Masks? Who needs them? Social distancing? Ridiculous!"

We're seeing the results appear, in my opinion.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If all Americans would wear masks, practice social distancing, and wash/sanitize their hands and surface after they touch something, we would dramatically slow the spread of the virus to the point things could reopen for good, and the economy could start its long road to recovery. That’s all it would take.

Instead, many Americans believe wearing a mask and social distancing for a few months out of their lives is too much of an inconvenience to bear. It’s really sad and pathetic.

RayRay10, Xenon, SWTsig and 2 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

what gets me is when I’ll go to a store and see a couple with 1 of them wearing a mask while the other one isn’t

1 is taking it seriously and is concerned, and the other is like “whatever”

I went to a restaurant to get my pick up order over the weekend, and the place was packed...no one wearing masks, and definitely not 6 ft apart...society has said “fck it, if we get it, we get it”

6. NewRoxFan

Gee, I wonder where they got that?

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

it’s sadder. A bunch of Americans think health advice is liberal nonsense. But you’re right, simple steps would save lives and let the economy truly get going.

8. NewRoxFan

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It is sad, and many of us are speechless. What is the reason for the number 1 country in the world to have so many low iq people?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe the one wearing the mask was sick AF, coughing up a storm, with a fever.

This country somehow turned this whole thing into a partisan issue. In Japan, they hardly all agree with each other, but as a collective, they'll still go out of their way to live in a courteous, respectful way for the better good. It's frustrating we cant do the same. We're out here measuring dicks and tossing Arby's wrappers out of our windows because "it's not MY problem".

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. People act like this is over, or they don't care. Or showing off their ignorance. Either they watch no news or watch FOX (which makes you stupider than watching no news).

I had a Zoom doctor appointment and my doctor mentioned how they're alarmed over in the Medical Center about the number of Covid patients.

Lina Hidalgo. Girlfriend was before her time. Put up that hospital over at NRG (I think) that didn't get used. Took some s**t for it. Might need it after all.

I can't even get too self-righteous about it because I'm one of few wearing a mask and the a-holes who don't are spreading the disease. So I can catch it. And, you know? I kinda, like, don't want it. Nor do I want my 70-something parents to catch it.

12. NewRoxFan

Alabama sets record highs for coronavirus for second straight day
    Today 2:52 PM
    https://www.al.com/news/2020/06/ala...irus-for-second-straight-day.html#incart_push

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

You know how uncomfortable a mask is especially in humid weather? I propose a all day comfort face wear that will revolutionize the industry.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Houston coronavirus updates: What you need to know for June 12
    https://www.yourconroenews.com/coro...388.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I said national deaths are dropping like a rock, and Texas deaths appear to have peaked as well. You’ve posted nothing but anecdotal case count information, which is of little value. You’re emotionally invested in spreading unnecessary fear. Look at the death rates and educate yourself.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There's nothing anecdotal about case counts.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No second wave yet we're still on the first round -- second wave if it happens is predicted for the fall.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

When you cherry pick case count data from selected geographies around the country, then that's anecdotal. Not to mention case counts tend to rise when you test more, which most geographies are doing.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our hospitalizations are increasing, we have by far more people sick now in Texas than ever before.

Why not just ignore all of this and call it fakenews instead of trying to fight basic math? Somehow I think it would be more honorable for you, stay on your sinking ship captain.

RayRay10, Reeko and deb4rockets like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw on the news a report that NRG Stadium might be converted an emergency hospital like the NYC Convention center was. For those in Houston how likely do you think that will be?

RayRay10 likes this.