1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I think he did a piss poor job in Houston when he was here by playing so passively. He's not on the Rockets anymore so it doesn't matter but this Lin bashing when he's on another team is pretty stupid. If the guy made comments like Parsons or quit on the team like McGrady then destroy him.

The LOFs are in this thread because that's what they are and this is where they belong. I don't see them running amok in the other threads. I came in here to see how a former Rocket is doing and just to revel in the Lakers' misery. But I'm not sure what the LOHs are doing in this thread. At least your posts are pretty creative and I can tell you're having fun messing with people even if a lot of it is shtick. Nothing wrong with trolling a troll when you both know that's what it is.

I'm a Rockets fan first, then I'm a Houston fan for any team sport. But I'm also an Asian man. There are subtle racist comments in this thread that people say "Whoa hey I'm just making fun." but you wouldn't say that to people of other races and if you wouldn't say that to them then why are you saying that in the first place. So open your eyes to that brother.

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

This is an assumption but I don't think he meant the Rockets organization wrote racist articles about Lin. The Rockets were not and are not run by Donald Sterling.

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

Shouldn't we just merge this thread into the 'Jeremy is a joke' thread since this thread is turning into an exact copy.

I always thought this thread is for those who still support Lin and want to discuss his tenure as a Laker. I guess not...

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't have to tell me you're a Rockets fan. you joined when Clutch summoned us

the real enemy are the ones who aren't real Rockets fan.

You remember Rudy T told us, specifically us, there are non believers .

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin fans are the real racists, they come in an disrespect the only NBA team with a real Asian superstar and blindly call Houstonians racists.

There no such thing as a Rockets fan who hates asians, they love Yao Ming and Yao Ming was Asian way before Lin was Asian.

And I'm sick and tired of hearing how hard his life is, I've been to Palo Alto, those are rich ass people there who live in million dollar homes which probably only cost $200k in Sugarland, but whatever.

They feel like they are entitled. they are entitled to two things:

deez nuts

1 person likes this.
  6. lightningbolt

lightningbolt Member

You're right, I've never bashed Beverley. I am a Lin fan that joined Clutchfans because of Lin, but still come here once in a while because I still enjoy watching the Rockets. During my tenure here, I have never once disparaged any current or former Rocket or used them as a scapegoat for Lin's performances. Feel free to check my post history. Honestly, those people that irrationally hated on Beverley and Harden all the time were annoying as balls, but equally annoying are the posters on here doing the same thing to Lin, who isn't even on the Rockets anymore. My pointing out that tons of players have 0-for-10+ was directed at the irrational haters (of Lin, Bev, Harden, etc), who have clear double standards when it comes to criticizing players.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I went on 2K just to see who the throwback Thursday players are and one of them were Jeremy Lin "Linsanity". Then I turned the game off

8. downbytheriver

The Kim Jon IL reference you and your brethren exploded over was from a South park related movie. Team america: world police. It's made by th e same creators. You're faux outrage has embarrassed legions of your friends who probably aren't such petty, whiny human beings.

We are all laughing at linsanity here. He's not gonna be in the nba next year. You've had a fast one pulled on you and all Lofs can do is say everyone has 0-10 performances. Well, no one in the history of th e nba is as uncomposed as Lin. He's consistently shown himself to be a Reece Gaines esque talent over 4 years. Lofs will pull up irrelevant stats of him in an irrelevant system but me, and fellow basketball fans, see the player for who he is. And I'm sorry you can't handle the truth. There will be future asian Americans who do great in the nba, they'll be liked based on merit. But this isn't the guy.
    I was right from day 1.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

You give tinman too much credit. As rude and offensive as king1, zboy and FTW Fattie FTW may be, at least they can still pass off as trolls.

tinman's on a completely whole different level of obsession with Lin.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think most of those people wound up on my ignore list, so I definitely didn't think that about you. ;) And I agree w/ your general premise. He had a bad shooting night -- it happens.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Wanna bet on this? $100 bet to tip jar or leave the forum permanently. Either way its a win for me.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

What's wrong with you dude?

Telling a 99er about another 99er is like telling method man about ghost face killer.

ClutchFans
    Rules
    Everything
    Around
    Me

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This prompted me to go take a peek. Lordt. LOL.

14. downbytheriver

I'll bet on it if you take king1's bet. You ran away crying like a little girl when he called you out on that, went into hiding, now snuck back in here. Typical kinda guy who relates to Lan.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL you are crying away now.

I'm only $20 interested in King1's education.

I'm willing to pay $100 to never see you again. Deal?

16. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

re-read what I wrote. For a guy that quotes a lot of rap lyrics you seem to miss a lot of things. Poser? :p

I said Lin played horrible. Then I said: By the way, don't compare your own personal experience of playing ball for hours to nba back to backs.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

true... yao ming is officialy 8 years more asian than jeremy lin

18. downbytheriver

I don't bet in $$$-personal policy. You'll have to take king1's bet after you were throughly embarrassed a few pages ago, then I'll gladly agree to these terms.

However--- it has to be a multi year, team option contract. It was mentioned earlier how the suns signed a gimmick japanese pg to their squad a couple times. I have a feeling he could get a 1 yr min to appeal to his target demo to come to games in a city needing new marketing avenues.

If you lose , your sig will have to say "GIRLS LIKE ME BECAUSE I'M CUTE LIKE SNOOPY. HUH-YA" in honor of your irrational love for someone based on their skin color. That's racism in itself.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/The_Yoyo">@The_Yoyo</a> Probably because they've watched 19 games of Jeremy Lin, knowing there are 63 more to go.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/540602170047877120">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clutch telling it like it is on why LA fans hate the Lin trade... LOLOL!!

20. little_one

little_one Member