1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

And the white flag goes high in the air( I'll fair catch it)

Stick to worshipping backup PGs and leave the business to the adults you big NYC baller you.

This is too funny

2. King1

I think we need another breakdown on Shroopys "bad ass life" in NYC.

Not going to do it Clutch as I said I wouldn't but this one is certainly tempting.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PBwAxmrE194" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. dback816

dback816 Member

So where is that Ivy diploma again?

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Oh so now it has to be a multiyear contract. I thought you just said he will be out of the league next year, period? You shouldn't say things you don't actually believe in. Unless you're a troll, which you are, then you really should take my bet so you'll leave. Thanks in advance

I already said I don't care for King1's education because a degree is meaningless. Anyone can get a degree. Yes, even King1. It's not an accomplishment. I'll pay $20 for him to reveal his alma mater. Just so we can laugh at how ridiculous he is for speaking on behalf of Harvard students.

6. krnxsnoopy

You are hilarious LOL

7. King1

Read Shroopy's last post if you want a good laugh. Maybe you can let him borrow some money?

8. krnxsnoopy

There is no Ivy diploma, which is obvious to everyone. But King1 can offer the rest of us incredible personal insight on the perspective of Harvard students.

Once again, troll. Says stuff he doesn't believe in and makes stuff up. Kinda like downbytheriver. Both trolls lol. Must not feed these trolls.. Sigh

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/The_Yoyo">@The_Yoyo</a> Probably because they've watched 19 games of Jeremy Lin, knowing there are 63 more to go.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/540602170047877120">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

10. i3artow i3aller

:rolleyes:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5L5mWzu-Ez8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

I'm a LOF because I didn't agree with your comment, really? Fine, you got me, I actually registered 6 years ago here only to support Lin.

12. downbytheriver

Essentially, he's already done in the league. He's been done for a while. If you don't have enough faith in your savior to get a 2 year contract, then you should have left this thread a long time ago. But here's the thing - you just want to flame the wise guys. You want to be a fly on the wall when people who know more about the game are conversing and try to piss them off. The opposite has happened - you're now a running joke. You and your mosquito swarm were JJ swatted outta here partner so it's all whining from your end.

You went pretty quiet when King1 put real money on the table lol. Looks like that 8x9 new York "pad" you live in is putting the squeeze on your wallet.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Coming from someone who isn't a grandpa and actually has a good deal of friends CURRENTLY at Harvard, general opinion is they like Lin because he represented the school well and is playing in the nba.

Continue on with the b****fest dumbasses

14. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I'm probably going to regret saying this...(please note that I've been here since 2001 and a Rockets fan since I was a kid growing up in Houston).

I actually graduated with Jeremy in 2010 from Harvard. We played ball together a few times at the gym and would chat when we'd run into each other. After college and Linsanity happened, I didn't contact him because 1) I was dating his ex-gf (we're no longer together), and 2) I figured he was too famous to care about past acquaintances.

Well, fast forward to the playoffs earlier this year (against the Blazers). I watched Linsanity the documentary one night while eating dinner, and I felt compelled to shoot him an email (he had emailed me from time-to-time during college), telling him how proud I was of him and how he's changed the way people perceive Asian-American men.

A few months went by without a response, and so I assumed that he was busy or didn't remember me given his fame. Crazy enough, he ended up emailing me back apologizing for the delay in responding as he was busy with the playoffs, thanking me for all of the well-wishes, and saying that he knew his time in Houston was likely over (this was before the trade). Many of my classmates had similar experiences when texting or emailing Jeremy--he always responded in a kind and humble manner even at the height of his success.

Now that he's fallen back to earth, I don't know why we (as in Clutchfans) are relishing his lack of success with the Lakers. I get that there were large expectations for him coming from NYC, and he did not live up to those expectations. However, you cannot take away the fact that he overcame a large number of barriers to get where he is and had one of the more magical runs in sports.

If you choose to openly root against and hate Jeremy, just know that he's an incredibly down-to-earth, kind, and nice human being.

5 people like this.
  15. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Stop lying.

You have been called out not because of the Kim Jon IL reference, but rather your lame attempt to mock the accents of the foreign born Americans. You knew you were exposed. So you tried to spin it and legitimize what you have said by pulling the Kim Jon IL reference. And in order to dig yourself out of the hole, you have also insulted American culture by claiming that mocking the accents of foreign born fellow American is part of it.

Then I challenged you to explain how in the world is mocking the accents of the foreign born Americans and mocking the accents of a crazed dictator are at the same level. But, as of now, you have still failed to man up to answer this question.

Once again. Stop lying.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

If Lillard one day missed a Big shot and Portland loose, Rocket's fans will celebrate , though no benefit gained since 2013 playoff series is over.its just a part of sports passion , "if" Lin performed well and DM trade him, fans would be upset and that has nothing to do with race.

By the way a good person or not so nice person relatively does't matter much, K.Smith for instance is not very likable in person but was ok on basketball court

17. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="600" height="345" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sRnvqAXg2-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nice story. Genuinely. I can only speak for myself, obviously... I don't root against Jeremy Lin as a person. He always seemed like a nice guy who was willing to sacrifice for the team when he was here. But he plays for the Lakers. I don't want anybody on that squad to do well, tbh -- same for the Mavs. In fact, when the Mavs & Lakers face off, my extreme preference would be that the arena simply implode. Sorry not sorry.

Anyway, I honestly don't think there are many people rooting against Lin based on the person he is. I do think that it's (maybe sadistically) satisfying to see a lot of the same people who made this forum absolutely miserable for the past couple of years having to accept that perhaps the evil, racist Rockets were not to blame for his struggles. For so long, the narrative was that this terrible organization set out to destroy Jeremy for sport, going so far as to mobilize people like Drexler, Clutch and Feigan/Friedman as mouthpieces to orchestrate his demise. McHale, Harden and Beverley were all awful, awful human beings who existed for the sole purpose of impeding Jeremy's path to superstardom. McHale was unquestionably racist and simply hated Jeremy. Beverley was a D-League scrub. A "monkey" jumping around on the floor, inserted into the starting lineup only to pacify Harden. Why? Because Harden was secretly afraid that Jeremy would steal his shine if he remained in the starting lineup. If you posted regularly during that timeframe, you know that all of these things were said -- not infrequently -- and that this is not hyperbole.

So I don't root for Jeremy to struggle. And I think he'll probably turn it around, tbh -- he just appears to be the same inconsistent, confidence-or-lack-thereof driven guy he has always been. But when I peeked at the Lakers' forum earlier today, it *was* satisfying to see some of those familiar usernames having to come to terms with the fact that maybe the Big Bad Rockets weren't the proximate cause of his issues. Is that fair to Lin, whom I don't even dislike on any level? Not really. But I love this team, so the vindication is nice, even if it's petty.

2 people like this.
  19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

There are not many folks the openly root against Lin, but they are ridiculously vocal. Most folks around here just want to see if the hype around him was real or imagined.

I started this thread because I enjoy following former Rockets around the NBA and seeing how they perform. Partially because I enjoy player development and partially because I want to be able to evaluate a player without my homer-goggles on.

If you ask me, most of us are just in a wait-and-see approach with Lin. If he flames out, oh well. If he blows up, good for him.

Having said that, most of the anger that is directed towards some of his most hardcore (and blind) fans can end up being expressed as negativity towards Lin. What some folks choose to label a LOH, is likely just a guy experiencing schadenfreude at the frustration of Lin's hardcore fanbase.

Of course while this kind of a response by vocal (and popular) posters may rub some the wrong way, it isn't going to change any time soon. This is clutchfans, we don't pull any punches.

I still wish Lin the best of luck and will enjoy the tears of his blindest supporters.