1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I wish somebody could compile Lin's sneaky contempt and spitefulness as a Rocket.

There was a play where a corner 3-point shooter was wide open on an opponents fast break. Asik had their opposing post player covered and as the ball goes to the open corner man, Lin takes a look in that direction but instead of going out to cover that 3 point shooter goes to help Asik in the post.

I don't care how religious or what kind of good kid people make Lin out to be, but his play last year was also on the rails of if he felt resentful and acted on it against his own team last year or not. He's not what he seems as a person and player.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No. Because he still gets me double digits points and at least 5/5 rebounds and assists.

I just have to deal with a complete garbage trash game every five or so games.

3. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

considering the amount of hate / disrespect he got from the fanbase and the organization, I don't blame him. he was lured into the rockets promising to be the first option, then tossed aside when Harden came in, benched by Mchale to a kid from Russian league (we didn't know Beverly would be this good at the time) and then major minutes to rookie Canaan which was the very definition of a rookie. Then Jersey Gate, racist articles, etc. The amount of restrain he had was respectable, for the amount of crap he got

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What hate are you talking about? The Rockets gave him what will possibly be the biggest contract of his life. The fans lined up to greet him when he was unveiled. He got plenty of endorsements. If anything it was the Lin fans who disrespected and disparaged the Rockets fanbase and organization with all sorts of conspiracy theories and labelling everyone from McHale and Morey to Harden and Bev to Feigen to the fanbase as racists to cover Lin's inadequacies and incompetency as a player.

He signed the offer because it was a good one. No one knew Harden was available until the very end. And when a player like Harden is available who is a far far superior player to Lin, you get him and build around him. Who would you build around as 1st option, Harden or Lin?

And he wasn't tossed aside. He started all 82 games and played significant minutes until he hid for the 2nd season running come playoff time with some "injury"

You may not have known but the coaching staff definitely saw something in Bev beginning in the playoff series vs OKC to see that he is a better fit and a batter player than Lin.

Jersey gate has been explained over and over. What racist articles do you refer too?

#4024 FTW Rockets FTW, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Jersey Gate was pretty disrespectful. The organization dropped the ball on that one. Could've/should've been handled much better.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yahoo Sports NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski joins The Home Team each week to give an update on the two L.A. franchises, and this week he had his sights set squarely on Jeremy Lin and the Los Angeles Lakers.

I think this Lin is a one-year player with the Lakers. He’s a backup point guard in the NBA. He’s obviously be thrust into a bigger role because of who they have [on the Lakers roster], with the injuries and with Steve Nash being out for the year. You can see that Lin’s confidence is not there. There’s not a great chemistry between Kobe and Lin, that’s obvious.

http://kfwbam.com/2014/12/04/wojnarowski-jeremy-lin-is-a-one-year-player-with-the-lakers/

7. Amir's Johnson

Soon.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Is the Jeremy Lin 50-40-90 Watch still on? I may have missed a meeting.

There's a meltdown on Lakers communities, with many Lin fans blaming Byron Scott, Kobe Bryant and/or Ronnie Price for Lin's woes. Some are accusing those who criticize Lin of being Kobe loyalists and Lakers fans are sick of the Lin fan nonsense.

Any of this sound familiar?

So, so predictable.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

BTW, on a sidenote... I was talking about this with MK about a week or two ago... pure speculation, but --

Anyone think Lin could end up in Dallas next year? Cuban has a thing with Houston and I think winning with Lin, who they brought on first for their Summer League team (only to have Golden State offer him a contract), is the kind of challenge their owner would be up for.

I don't think there will be many suitors, but Dallas strikes me as a team that may make an offer.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I don't see many extremist LOFs here anymore though. But do you Clutch?

I think most Lin fans here are just NBA fans and Rocket fans who happen to like Lin. Not many of them started watching basketball because of Lin, and only watch his games. I don't see why any of those types would remain on this site after he left the team tbh.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I think it's very possible. It'll be a buy low move for them. I don't see Lin commanding more than $3-4MM per year on his next contract. The other place is going back to GSW to run that 2nd unit although they already have Livingston.

And it's not like the Mavs have much in the way of PG's. They're rolling out Nelson, Barea and Felton.

However, if Lin does start, Monta Ellis will be the new designated "ball hog" marginalizing Lin just like Melo, Harden and Kobe.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

:confused:

I was talking about this happening right now on "Lakers communities" ... not here. It happened here when Lin was on the team -- and we were accused of being the problem.

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Where are the Lin fans that claimed Lin was better than John Wall due to a summar league game. LMAO

14. archinkent

archinkent Member

WTF? No idea why you even mentioned South Park. Did you even quote South Park? So how did you 'own' me again?

If you think what you posted was acceptable, then go on, keep posting it. :rolleyes:

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Doubt it. For one, he's a horrible fit next to Ellis who is far and away their best player at the moment. Secondly, they will need to spend that money getting better defensively. Lin is a fit for a bad team needing to sell tickets. Cuban has a possible contender and isn't going to waste money on a losing player like Lin.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. Watching Lin cost the Mavs games would be great

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

Well I had just been labelled a LOF by downbytheriver. You are pretty much a LOF now if you say anything positive about Lin. :rolleyes:

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you trying to explain to a LOF what really happened with the Rockets?
    Don't you know that they can't find Houston on a map of Texas??

I hope I get disrespected like Lin. You know getting overpaid, having t-shirts and billboards with me on it . Play starter for an NBA Franchise when I'm clearly a bench player. Oh yeah, disrespect.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Snoopy is in Egypt. He's in De-Nile that Lin fans could be so disrespectful.

I'm curious if the Laker communities are just banning these users like they got the Ebola virus.

Are they doing something to screen new users? Like have a picture of Lin and a picture of Kareem and ask who is better at scoring points?

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I went to the Lakers forum last night after their game against the Wizards and im seeing Lin fans saying Kobe's a ballhog,Scott hates playing Lin in the 4th and my favorite one is when I saw the argument of Lin fans saying the Lakers should trade Kobe. They were calling Harden a ballhog when they haven't seen what Kobe ball is.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lin should hire Fitzpatrick's son to be his trainer if he wants to be a superstar.