1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

in cushy recliner seats

and pay for the best massages and the best dieticians.

o and they are millionaires. B2Bs shouldnt be a problem.. 5 in 4 does get taxing tho

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Funny thing. I *definitely* recall Lin fans declaring Bev a scrub not even fit for the D-League when he shot 0-5 in that game against the Cavs last season, for 0 points -- along with 10 rebounds, 8 assists & 5 steals.

It's the NBA... guys have off shooting nights. But I do find it amusing that some of the same people who castigated Bev for a performance where he contributed immensely in other ways are now melting down at criticism of Lin's poor shooting night. (Not on this board, but on Twitter.)

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Clearly was a mistake to put Jeremy on my fantasy team. Urgh.

4. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

What lesson have I taken? What have I learned from you? Who do you think you are? Stop trying to flatten yourself like that. You are an nobody in my eyes.

5. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

No, you saw melt downs on this board too. The guy you just quoted from who posted stats of other players doing badly to deflect attention away from Lin. What did you think that was?

6. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

Well, I don't blame ya. When Steve Nash went out for the season, the fantasy bb experts were saying how Lin would be a good pick because he is now up to play big minutes and so on. I was set to draft Lin for my team based on their recommendations but was fortunate to catch the season opener between the Rockets and the Lakers before the draft happened.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, I really thought he would put up something like 17pts&7apg,4rpg and a good fg%. Way to let a breh down. :(

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  9. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

There is a huge difference between shooting around in meaningless rec center games and nba games. Heck there even a huge difference between rec center and my amateur bball tourneys.

#4009 rm365, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lin fans despise Ronnie Price. They think he is trash. I actually agree with this.

Yet Price gets plenty of minutes LOL! I believe Lin is averaging 30 while Price 20 something.

You would figure on a team as bad as the Lakers, with the lack of quality players that they have, Lin would be averaging close to 40+ minutes a game while virtually keeping Price on the bench the entire game.

Bottom line: If Ronnie frigging Price is breathing down your neck, it is time for Lin and his legion of fans to re-consider their modus operandi. Ronnie Price is the definition of trash in the NBA. Just look at his career and his numbers and LOL away, my friends. Warning: You better have plenty of floor space because you will be ROFLing for a while.

At least Beverley breathing down his neck and eventually starting over him (which I predicted long before it happened) was respectable.

The world's biggest Lin fan should be Ronnie Price because Lin is the reason he is getting significant playing time. Any other team and he would be glued to the bench.

If you are a bigger fan of Jeremy Lin than Ronnie Price is, the real beneficiary in all this is, it is time you look in the mirror and ask yourself how you could make better use of the ample free time you have.

Yeah, I think its because of Lin's age. Not a young guy anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4010 Zboy, Dec 4, 2014
  11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

so are you guys dropping lin? Drafting him was such a mistake, im considering flipping him and Blake griffin for Deron Williams and another value player

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Looks like it was vintage Lin last night. 0-10

Hahahaha

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I have Blake Griffin. Do not want Deron Williams + 4th/5th round pick. Even if Lin sucks.

14. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

Deron Williams has been very good on my fantasy team. He was off and on every game for the last couple of years until this past summer when he went in for ankle surgery. It has paid off and this season he's been very consistent, filling up the stat sheet.

As for Lin, here is what Rotoworld has to say:

15. krnxsnoopy

Lin sucked. But Brandon Jennings went 0-11 last night.

Source: I have Brandon Jennings on my fantasy squad. (I don't have Lin)

16. krnxsnoopy

Couple notes from last night.

Would like to commend hollywoodMarine for his effort last night. He showed alot of class with his effort to being impartial, and did a great job at understanding and communicating with both sides of the isle. He is a great poster on this site.

Another thing, tinman has slowly grown on me and alot of his posts are pretty funny.

I hope there is peace in this thread.

17. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

You are probably too out of shape from sitting around making meme gifs all day to realize that competitive or even semi competitive bball is a lot more draining than rec center pickup games. The intensity level is way different.

Not excusing Lin's play but just correcting the other poster when he mentioned even he could ball with his friends all day.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well yes, but he isn't one of the people I saw bashing Bev, either. I'm all for defending your guy.... the hypocrisy is what I find amusing.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Because both players are memes.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Salty.

Takes me 2 seconds to link gifs, bro. I am extremely efficient! You are doing it wrong if it takes you all day. Email me for pointers.

Yes, because only Lin, averaging 30 mins a game, has to go through back to back games. Will somebody please think of his old and fragile body?

Now he has to fight racism in the NBA AND back-2-backs! :eek:

Ronnie Price, the scrub, 4-4, 3-3 from the 3. Same game. Back to back.

Ronnie must be Iron Man!

#4020 Zboy, Dec 4, 2014