1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Cypress

Cypress Member

Sorry but, Fritzmagic won't save him...it deeper than that.

[​IMG]

2. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Lin played bad.

I am not defending anything. Nor am I making excuses for him.

I am not salty at all. Trust me I don't have that much invested in Lin.

My favorite players of all time are Penny Hardaway and Larry Bird.

I was just pointing out how comparing playing all day vs your friends is quite different from back to back nba games from a energy and endurance standpoint. Sheesh.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Would Cuban be that nutso jealous of Houston to do something like that? What does Cuban get from Fegan for giving Parsons that contract other than sticking it to Morey?

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Zero chance Lin will end up in Dallas next year.

Cuban is ignorant but he is far from dumb.

There are too many examples screaming out to warn Cuban about signing any former Lakers.

- Jodi Meeks - got a fat contract from the Pistons and still have not played one minutes this year.

- Kent Bazemore - great numbers and looks awesome in the second half in Lakers last year and grabbed a decent contract from the Hawks. This year? sitting at the end of the bench most of the time.

Dallas is still a well run organization and I just don't see them will offer any decent contract to grab Lin.

As for a gimmick standpoint, yes, they may do it. This year they signed a Japanese player like 5'6 or 5'7 playing summer league and put him in the D league, but no one expect him to play for the Mavs anytime ever.

If Lin will be going to the Mavs, he is probably not getting any contracts else where and Cuban doing it for a gimmick purpose, and that will be really sad.

I think he will still be picked up by some teams as their backup PG next year for 2-3 mils per.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at Shroopy getting destroyed again. Dude needs a break for the internet

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://kfwbam.com/2014/12/04/wojnarowski-jeremy-lin-is-a-one-year-player-with-the-lakers/

-------------------

Also, my money is on a Knicks return

Full circle, baby

7. Tenchi

I'm not so sure you should be one to talk. Of the 10 years you've been on this board you've posted about 4k times. Of those 4k times you've posted about 250 times on this one thread alone. About 4.6% of your posts are about Jeremy Lin. Something about Lin really gets you hard.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Same story, different team

Lin fans will never understand taking responsibilities of one's own actions on the basketball court, to them Lin is always a victim of circumstances instead of his own doing. They've complained from the Warriors forum to the knicks forum to clutchfans now to Lakersground.

It's woodson's fault for ruining Linsanity, DM's fault for disrespecting Lin by trading Harden to take the ball away from Lin, McHale's fault for pulling Lin out and draining his confidence, Harden's fault for handling the ball, It's Byron's fault for sitting Lin on the bench for sucking ass and destroying his confidence, it's Sampson's fault because he's racist, it's Clutchfans fault for antagonizing the Lin fan base.

Their excuse will always be, look at that one Spurs game where he scored 38 points without Harden in a loss, Lin must be under-utilized by the coaches, and if they surround him with Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak and Mike Dantoni circa 2011 he'd be a God, I hope he gets traded to another team.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's cute you are cheerleading your fellow Lin fan but keep your perverted fantasies to yourself, little fella'

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

What positive things did you say about Lin? Off court activity or one good play in each another game.

12. kakaman

kakaman Member

After listening to Woj, King1 and Tinman be like

[​IMG]

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

A former Celtic going to the Lakers? How's that gonna look

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe played back to back. So did the rest of the Lakers.

Why is Lin getting a free pass? Is he really old? No, he's way younger than Boozer and Kobe.

When you start making exceptions for a player, you start making excuses for him.

Did you watch the Rockets at all last year? There was a stretch of like 6 or 7 games where Lin absolutely was horrid.

Laker fans get to witness this pattern too. There's nothing new that Rockets fans haven't seen.

15. Tenchi

Just gonna be trolling like you and the tinman. But you can't call me a LOF because I've been here since before 1999.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

true, you aren't an LOF. there's the 99er code.

However, you need new glasses to see how bad a point guard lin is.

As the #1 99er , Clutch mentioned in his post in the previous page, the Laker fans, longtime ones , are sick of the Lin fans accusing their fanbase of causing Lin to 'fail'.

Clutch even posts an article saying that Lin is a one year player for the Lakers.

Open your eyes up brother. Look in your heart, you know this to be true.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

you need to update your gif without Lin and Parsons.

Like with better players like Ariza!

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin needs to join an organization where there is zero pressure for him to play well. Like the Sixers.

Then his fanbase could tell the Sixers fans that he's the next Dr J or Iverson.

they don't care if the team wins or loses anyways, they are player only fans.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm interested to know what racist articles were published by the Rockets during Lin's tenure.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]