1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We have Ron Artest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

ok mr tinman i chinese dude i know mr sampson he great center back then he and dream twin tower! he four time all star, beat la in west final 4 to 1! he make impossible shot with 1.2 left to beat them 114-112! he stink afterwards because injury. sad, but mr sampson great!

Alright. The history relishing comes to an end. What makes you think everybody else not know anything about the Rockets then? Some people actually do, believe it or not.

2. alecoool

alecoool Member

Would I diss Yao make you happy? :D

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no. u just need to not yaofreak everytime something is mentioned. for example ron artest is tough like other rockets I mentioned. instead of focusing why yao is not on the list, you should celebrate who is on that list.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I know all these achievements by Ralph and I bet a lot of people do. Just because SOME posters are ignorant do not mean MOST of them are.

Unfortunately Ralph's career is ruined by the career-ending injury. In that case you never get a fair recognition. Players like Drazen Petrovic and even Grant Hill never get proper recognition as well.

5. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Ralph sampson was a african american version of sabonis. heck sabonis in his prime would destroy the current center feternity. sabonis in his prime would be easily the best C in the game right now.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I acknowledge your NBA knowledge, but those other dudes are like the scrubs that get beat up in the tournament on Enter the Dragon.

Yao would have issues with the hand check rule, plus no zones means that Yao would have to play one on one defense against centers with superior speed and quickness which means foul trouble.

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

That video makes me sad. :(

8. jy02976240

jy02976240 New Member

bingo ron.
    match the top three in the west.

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

You never know what would happen because Yao did not play in the 80s. Granted Yao is very slow in NBA standard but Kareem is not especially quick either. I am not saying they are at the same calibre but both of them use their size and skills more than their strength. I would say Yao would at least play better than Bill Walton and Robert Parish and become a 2nd-tier center in the league. Whether he would match up well with the likes of Hakeem, Kareem, Moses Malone and Ralph is highly questionable.

10. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Prime walton would run rings around yao. walton had some of the greatest footworks ever for a big man and the cheif defensively would destroy yao. offensivley yao would win.

11. alecoool

alecoool Member

my dog should on your list too.

12. fangzheng911

fangzheng911 Member

i also remember the last year"we have sf3""i can't believe.""big 3"

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, you don't know what the **** you are talking about. Ralph was tough, chump.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

For some reason, the more goofy you are as a NBA analyst, the less people think of you as a basketball player.

Look at the perception of Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley here.
    Charles, of course is a HOF player. Kenny was a much better player than just a deadly shooter who passed the ball to Dream in the post.

15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I appreciate the education for the lost and illiterate. You should relish you opportunities to lead them to the truth without bashing their heads in.

Imagine your 3rd grade history teacher bashing you and calling you an idiot for not knowing who Columbus was.

Teach them obi wan but be careful with your lightsaber.

Oh, and Ralph is definitely tougher than Yao but I do think that Super Mario should have made the list.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

there's one thing about not knowing who Columbus is, there's another thing saying that Soulja Boy is better than Tupac, which is the better analogy here.

My bad, definitely Mario Elie. Who took the tough defensive assignments and always had everyone's back. Also, when Mario went to the Spurs they became a tougher team and won a championship.

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I'd bet good money that the '99 Rockets would have won the title if Elie had stayed. Can you imagine Pippen mouthing off to anyone in the locker room? Mario would pop him harder than MJ ever did, and guard Kobe.

18. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Mario ellie as i said few pages back deserves to be on the rockets all tough and clutch team.

19. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Great thread . . . I thought I was the only one that felt that way. So excited about tomorrow!

20. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Okay, comparing Ron to Jesus is a bit too much. Let's just give him the Asian sandwich and leave it at that...