1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We have Ron Artest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Do you ever catch yourself stopping and just running this one factoid through your mind? Does it seem beyond comprehension? I still cannot get over it. I never thought we would have the resources to bring in a legitamate 3rd star and here we are. Not only to we get a beast to lift the offensive burden, but we pair Battier with a BETTER defender than himself.

Ron Artest is like Jesus coming to reclaim his kingdom. For the Franchise Years, for The Gundy years, for Eddie Griffin, for Sedale Threatte, for Moochie and Thomas Hamilton.

Are suffering, has come full circle.

Did anyone ever believe we would have RON RON, Battier and a world class PF in Scola to help out our duo.

"We have Ron Artest"

Crazy..................

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Man. I always go to sleep with the same thought.

3. YugoRocketsFan

I see im not the only one :eek:

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the fact we have someone who represents the hood, the street,
    not stat happy rich kids from florida or government controlled fans from abroad.

the Rocket now have someone that represents hip hop, the people who go to Whataburger, the people who eat at Frenchys, the people who are free and speak their mind, and sometimes drop rhymes.

Of course, this adds to the legacy of the Rockets as a team with tough players

Moses Malone
    Akeem the Dream
    Ralph Sampson
    Otis Thorpe
    Vernon Maxwell
    Charles Barkley

Players that don't cry, players that are real.

Thanks Ron.

5. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Idk, guys. Maybe it's just me. Like, even though we have Ron Artest, I still feel like we aren't invisible. I mean, I don't know. SIKE!! Who am I kidding. If we did what we did with the roster we had last year, with Yao out and stuff, we should win it allthis year!!

6. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Well put, hahaha. P.S. Whataburger is mainly a texas thing, right? I visited Dallas once (not really by choice :( ) and saw the Whataburger there.

7. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Also, I had to drive by a Dirk Nobitchski that was the size of their freakin dome they play in.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How did Ralph Sampson make that list HAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! that has to be a joke! Yao Ming is tougher than Ralph Sampson!

9. Albert Einstain

we have had artest since the trade was officially anounced on aug14. but ron hasn't played a game officially for the rockets team and how he meshes with other rockets is still unknow. but I have confidence for ron to boost our team because he has proven himself a spiritual guy we just need. he brought us what we had long been lacking in.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The only thought that is vivid in my brain is what this team looked like as it got eliminated by Utah last season. It has not really sunk in that we have Artest or Barry or a healthy Landry or a more seasoned Scola or even a healthy Yao.

I think opening night is going to be like waking up on Christmas morning expecting to get a pair of pajamas and getting an XBox 360, a new Iphone, a Blue Ray player and a mail order bride who looks like the chick off of Transformers with bigger boobs.

11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Ralph was a bad cat... don't hate on Ralph

12. tinman

Supporting Member

There's a Whataburger across the street from the Summit/Compaq Center.
    its a place where Rocket fans and some Rocket players go after a game.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have a lot of faith in Adelman, Battier, Mutumbo and Skip (along with the quiet influence of Tmac and Yao) to reign in Artest.

Plus money and wanting to win should help.

We are freaking loaded.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Obviously you weren't born when Sampson played here or don't even live in Houston.

Yao Ming tougher than Sampson? My ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmMnKm0fCls&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmMnKm0fCls&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Ralph Sampson played against Kareem Adul Jabbar and defeated him to go to the Finals.

Yao can't even get a rebound against Carlos Boozer or Memeh Okur
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NEAvvARppc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NEAvvARppc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Both guys are pure scrubs, against players like McHale, Kareem.. Hall of Fame Players

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Pre-Injury,
    NBA Allstar
    College Player of the Year 3 times

Greatest Heroes of Rockets History

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7rsqsNf4SE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7rsqsNf4SE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"We have Ron Artest"...because Yao and Tmac can't get the job done.
    that's why.

17. declan32001

declan32001 Member

tinman, you know I love you man, but Artest eats only organic food and cries when he hears Celine Dion sing. Your caricature of Ron is almost worse than the media's.

As for his hip hop, man any kid with a computer can download a free sequencer and lay down beats with free synths and bust rhymes (if they have a mic) that could equal the stuff I've heard the stuff I've heard from Artest.

If you love his quotes (like I do now), well great, but I can't think of anything he has in common with Dream, Ralph or OT in terms of personality. But I'm glad you're happy. I am too.

18. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Edit: Argh, I shouldn't watch TV and post.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

artest is going to be a bigger, badder, and more physically intimidated version of maxwell :eek:

20. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Well done. I suppose it is a reference to Chinese fans, the newbies after Yao is drafted by Rockets?

I understand Ralph Sampson deserves more respect, especially from the newbies including many from China. But stereotyping them as "government-controlled" fans are going way too far. It's like calling people in Texas "Bush's ass-kisser" or "conservative idiots", if you know what I mean.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that T-Mac and Yao can't get the job done and we need some toughness from guys like Artest and Dorsey. Guys like Moses Malone, Hakeem, Ralph and mad Max are great legends and I appreciate your enthusiasm in educating us the Rockets history. But if you genuinely think fans from China are "government-controlled" you are an idiot. Remember you were well-received by freemaniam (sp?) when you visited Hong Kong? Does his knowledge about the Rockets suggests that it's a product of government propaganda? I am sorry my sarcasm meter is completely off.