1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We have Ron Artest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 4, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really,
    He came back to us as Vernon Maxwell
    now
    he's back as Ron Artest

the savior of the Rockets

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am not sure how the season will play out with ron, but everything i've read and heard about him since the trade have been positive. his work ethic and relentless hustle on the court. the vocal and visible never back down attitude from one of the team's stars will only help this team.

i cant wait to see how they will play tomorrow night i just wish i would be able to watch it live.

3. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I knew that it was a must to get this guy before the Lakers or Mavs could grab him, especially being that RA was his favorite coach in da NBA. WE HAD TO GET HIM PERIOD..! and we did :D

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good point,
    if the Lakers got Artest, we'd be screwed.

5. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

If they got him then David Stern should just freakin hand them the dam trophy and just forget about the playoff or the regular season! As simple as that.

6. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

just remember we got RON here we arent going to be having the loser suggestions. Its all about winning! :D

7. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

yeah I agree with the proud owner of a steve novack jersey. I've got a Yao Ming auto. for sell.

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

It it great knowing we have a guy in the team that's going to be great to watch no matter which way he goes.

I mean he is either going to be great for the team, or he'll go off his meds and flip out. :D

It will make the season exciting, and lets face it, we all know we'll be logging on here just waiting for the "Artest choked out a fan in row 33" thread! :D

9. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

I love having RonRon but I was just looking at his stats for the past 3 yrs and he seems more injury prone than T-Mac. All I can do is hope and pray this team stays healthy because we ARE the more injury-prone team in the league.

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

Even when T Mac is healthy, he is supposedly injured! :D

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Nobody matched up well with Hakeem - but Mark Eaton did as well as anybody - and Yao is as big as Mark and a little quicker perhaps? OTH, Yao under JVG would be destroyed defensively by Hakeem.

However, nobody in the league right now can defend a healthy Yao one-on-one. Not Shaq, not Duncan, not Amare, not Dwight Howard. These are all players that would have dominated in the 80s, just like Kareem, Moses Malone, and Ralph.

Yao would have done just fine - especially considering that he would have been able to use power moves more back in the day - something that's been officiated out of his game.

I know you love Ralph Tinman, but Yao vs Ralph in the 80s would have been like Scola vs Landry in 2008 - neither one of them could have stopped each other. Yao is way to big and strong for Ralph, and Ralph was way to quick for Yao.

12. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Looks anti sonic is bringing out a different ID. different name, but the same thrash.

13. crunch

crunch Member

We have too many RAs:

RA1: Rick Adelman
    RA2: Rafer Alston
    RA3: Ron Artest

14. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

hey I like it! what this guy says :D

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Well at two hunderd and seventy pounds, ron is not only huge, but he is still agile as hell. he apprantly was defending brooks and was keeping up with him . thats insane. speciman.

16. Christopher

Christopher Member

Dont get emotional because you are unable to defend someone who makes up injuries and cant win when it counts.