1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We have Ron Artest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

aren't there enough threads all about tinman?

give someone else a chance to breathe please.

2. AXG

AXG Member

All would be forgiven if the Rockets could win a championship. Gosh, I hate the Jazzholes.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Did you just compare Jesus to Artest? :rolleyes:

4. towW

towW Member

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao would average 35 a game if he played in the 80's............

6. conquistador#11

that line, "we have ron artest", has gotten me through the entire week.

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

shouldn't we be comparing him to PF's? He played PF and Hakeem played center.

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Everyone knows no one (even Ron) can stop J.C's killer crossover and drop step. :D

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

same old fake hood, good ol two parent household, afluent neighborhood ****.

See y'all Tuesday.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he would get dominated by Mark Eaton. He can't stay healthy plus he's slow.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

He played Center before Dream came to the team, moved over to PF.
    He was a quick player with lots of skills on defense and offense.

The Rockets would never make it past for first round in the 80s either with Yao.
    Kareem would have owned Yao, hell Rambis would have owned Yao.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

watching this is really happy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qea-DBZiGU8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qea-DBZiGU8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Member

oh yeah,everybody owns yao. Happy now?jeez..

still glad we have ron...just bring champ to us next year so we can end all these useless discussion.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Eventhough tinman already gave his example, let me chime in. Its not the younger posters, its the fact that like i've said people think the Rox started in 2002. When and if you buy a used car, you get a car fax report to make sure it wasnt under water or totaled out. Alot of fans that came to this board after yao was drafted just assumed that the team was a expansion joint or something. Now ralph wasnt the toughest cookie in the bunch, but tteams used to cheap shot him and drag on him like they do yao, except ralph got people off of him. Now u may not like his response with punches, but in the 80's and 90's, thats what you had to do to survived or you got punked everytime like david robinson. Every big had to throw down at least once or u were soft. Thats why a lot of people think Yao is soft. I know its not in his nature, but thats why people climb on his back, push him down and do all kinds of stuff to yao. In the day, the center or pf was the enforcer. No one had to sign a tough guy for hakeem,ewing,moses or guys like that. So to say yao would avg 35 in the 80's when hand checking was legal and the post play was basically mortal combat, its a bit much.

The part about getting artest, i thought they should have gotten him a summer earlier, but that was just me.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I can't wait til NBA Full Court Press is in season, at least I know you represent the small minority of us clutchfans who know some basic knowledge of this organization.

Keep up the good work.

16. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

****, what are you doing?!?!?

[​IMG]

17. tinman

Supporting Member

hey someone says ralph doesn't belong my rockets tough guy list and yao was tougher. so I had to drop some facts for ya. I'm tired of people dissing rocket legends who actually put us in the history books as heroes.

18. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

He was seven four and moved like a cat. you need to watch some of sampsons tapes when he was healthy.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

We had Pippen too. Talk about some excited people. I'm gonna wait and see how Ron-Ron does before I get too amped.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

they don't care the rockets dude. don't u get it? they think the rockets started when we got yao and tmac. they don't know who is dream, what makes u think they know who is ralph?