1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I totally forgot that. He essentially called every American citizen that went to a state university dumb. How out of touch can he be?

DVauthrin, HP3, seemoreroyals and 2 others like this.
  2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Thank you for speaking for us black men. What would we do without you? Lol

RayRay10, HP3, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Do yourself a big favor and don’t.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

how was he supposed to control it ? psychic powers to stop trump opening his mouth ? outside of muting the mic , which i dunno if he has power over that .. he cant physically stop trump from speaking . Only thing he didnt do that I can think of is a "shut the **** up" , but think of the children

RayRay10 and R0ckets03 like this.
  5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

When you look at actual results, you can't possibly believe this. Trump delivered HBC funding. Trump delivered criminal justice reform. Trump lowered black unemployment to record low levels. What the heck has Biden done, other than pandered once every 4 years for votes? Where are Biden's results? Thousands upon thousands of black men are behind bars tonight because of Biden's crime bill. All true.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just this...

RayRay10, HP3, peleincubus and 3 others like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, small point but one I've seen brought up...

His attack on Hunter Biden while Joe's deceased son was brought up. It basically allowed Joe to wax poetically about his son and family as Trump stood there lobbing insults at his son for his drug habits.

Just watching CNN right now and as expected, undecided voters don't like the interrupting, and this guy (past Trump supporter) says Trump went too far with attacking Joe's family...and that Joe insulting Trump was fine because Trump deserves it at this point.

All of them thought Trump was childish basically.

I can't see him winning any moderates over with this performance.

deb4rockets, RayRay10, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Basically this. Expectations going into the debate were low for Biden, and he didn't fall apart or melt down during the Trump attacks. This is a win for him. Just needs to keep the adderall stocked up.

9. Nook

Nook Member

No. Neither candidate is inspiring or special... but only one candidate is a damn embarrassment and fool.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These are right-wing talking points that aren't real.

Democrats delivered the legislation for HCBU's as part of their negotiations, not trump. Trump was not part of the criminal reform bill, but likes to take credit as usual. Also the Department of education has taken money away from HCBU's and has also moved money away from poorer urban schools to richers white suburban schools.

We aren't living in the early 90's anymore, TJ

deb4rockets, RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not only that, but there's a lot of smoke that Trump is an addict as well. Of course it'd be par for the course for him to project his maladies onto others...

deb4rockets, RayRay10, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the part that bothers me most. Why does Abbott not enforce masks in the polling stations? Its just inexcusable leadership. Texans are so screwed with him as our Governor. He, Paxton, and Cruz don't give a damn about protecting people. I can't wait til they are all gone for good.

RayRay10, HP3, DVauthrin and 5 others like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Wonder if he's snorting the immediate release orange ones or he's popping the XR capsules?

HP3 and The Real Shady like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The less people vote the more likely the GOP wins, less people are likely going to vote in person if they see crowded lines with no masks or social distancing.

It's going to be practically a superspreader event and a lot of people are going to give their life for voting unfortunately. I've told my parents to mail it in. It sucks he's trying to invalidate mail in voting but I hope the US system is prepared for that.

RayRay10, HP3, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gerrymandering and voter suppression is never going to give Texas accurate representation. How is it that everyone on earth hates these people and they continue to win?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has no point and you don't either I can't believe you are trying to engage me on this when we have had this conversation for over 6 months.

It's your opinion that he is meh but the majority of democrats voted for him, The Democratic party had written him off and you continue to gloss over it.

By the way most presidents are meh, what's your point?

I have no idea why you keep trying to debate me on this we have been round and round over it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Trying to encourage his followers to intimate voters. You guys are on the right defends this ****

RayRay10, deb4rockets, Nook and 3 others like this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump’s apparent strategy was to rattle Biden, which was mostly unsuccessful.

Trump debated nothing like this versus Hillary in 2016, which leads me to believe that this was his plan. Trump wanted to show that Biden was weak and could be bullied. Biden stood strong for the most part. Biden might have lost his temper once, but that might have been by design.

Trump came across as a middle school bully.

RayRay10, HP3, deb4rockets and 3 others like this.
  19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If you didn’t watch consider yourself lucky. I’ve never seen anything like that.

There’s no need for the other two debates. And if they decide to go forward, no joke, the moderator needs to have the capability of muting the microphone. Trump caused this thing to go off the rails.

What happened tonight was beyond embarrassing.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's meh as a rhetorical speaker. You really are adement about this huh. Biden isn't a strong candidate. Bill and Obama were far more intelligent and far better at expressing nuanced views.

And people are dissatisfied with with the two party system. 95% of people are voting based on who they hate more, not who they admire. That tells me enough of how horrible this system is.