1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump is a weakly coward.

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Hard to create chaos at a virtual debate. Makes you have to actually talk like a legitimate debate. A townhall format was probably the worst type of format for Trump - not that any of them were good formats for him.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The other idiot son showing his grasp of history...

jiggyfly, Yung-T, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Town Hall:

I denounce white supremacy, have for years. You didn't ask Joe whether he denounces Antifa.

I denounce white supremacy. What's your next question?

I denounce white supremacy. I denounce Antifa. I denounce these people on the left burning down our cities.

I know nothing about QAnon. I do know they are very much against pedophilia. They fight it very hard. I know about Antifa and the radical left and how they're burning down cities run by Democrats.

White supremacy, I denounce it.

Hakeemtheking and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If he would call crazy conspiracy theories as they are and be more honest and direct in things, it'd bring a lot more clarity. No reason not to say QAnon is crazy, other than a fairly sized faction of his party has built a platform on it.

He was pretty direct when he grabbed and griped women...he's capable of being direct.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

With all the whinging and whining from his supporters about how he was questioned, it didn't have to get there. There are SO MANY WAYS to handle these questions! They are layups, all of them! Just taking the question about Q:
    - If he wants to keep that "I'm arrogant and you love it!" sheen, then just joke around some more: "Well, they think I'm a hero who will save the world from democrats and I can't disagree."
    - He could say "Just because democrats aren't a satanic cult that eats babies, doesn't mean they aren't bad."
    He doesn't even have to be decent! (his opponent already has cornered the market on decency.)
    But denying that he even knows what Qanon is, is the worst answer of all- because it's such an obvious, stupid lie. Even his supporters know that it's a stupid lie. So the moderator is forced to either challenge the obvious, stupid lies or just let him piss on everyone's legs all night and tell them it's raining.

Did he get tested before the town hall? All politicians dodge questions.... but this one?

These questions are layups. October is one gigantic self-own for this guy.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He'll denounce whatever the polls tell him to denounce...48 hrs later.

All jokes and sarcasm till then.

Dimwit Donny still cheating at tests when there are none

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I know people don't want to hear this but Mayor Pete is the new face of politics.

People in the middle who just lean left and right are gonna gravitate to somebody like this.

Will be interesting what that means for the far left and Trumpers, I think they will have their own preferred candidates but I think they will lose.