ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Clyde Drexler has got to go...
Tags:  abuse, basketball, clyde drexler, houston rockets, nba Tags
knote32 is offline Old 01-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
I don't think I can take this abuse much longer.

The free throw jinxes...

The long pauses...

Every word that Bill says reeks of "Please bring back Calvin so I don't have to deal with this anymore..." The awful analysis from Clyde is something that Bill seems to notice, and he just bites his lip and lets Clyde slide, but he can't avoid the awkward silence that comes there after. Is it just me, or is this happening more than ever?

Having Calvin for a few moments was such a treat...

Calvin is a Rocket through and through. He gets so pumped for every game, and his enthusiasm is contagious. Conversely, Clyde Drexler might be the most boring individual on the planet. I love the guy, but dear lord. I would rather listen to Jimmy Stewart talk Rockets...

Sponsored Link
ashishduh is offline Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
ashishduh
Contributing Member
ashishduh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodashishduh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46962
I wanna cut myself everytime he says [D]Tragic.

Dlawson is offline Old 01-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
Dlawson
Dlawson is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35575
louiiiieeeee

Rockets Jones is offline Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
Rockets Jones
Rockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31634
I wholeheartedly agree! Can some1 please explain how this works, is Drexler hired by the Rockets and thus can they just fire him or is Fox Sports in any way involved with his contract ?

That's why I hate Leslie, he fired Calvin Murphy so quickly in 94 and brought him back because of the fans. Now he keeps this moron on tv for way too long, can't we start a petition or do something about it like with Calvin ? I know it's different from trying to get a guy back then firing one but Clyde has to go.

Kwame is offline Old 01-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
Kwame
Contributing Member
Kwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKwame is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25329
Quote:
Originally Posted by knote32 View Post
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...=213840&page=5

HPD is offline Old 01-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
HPD
HPD is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42927
Throw in the old man selling Beers. Dude was pooooooor last nite......

Dreamin is offline Old 01-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
Drexler just makes it awkward. I thought Bullard was way better.

PinoyRocket is offline Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
PinoyRocket
PinoyRocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46060
i second this.

CheukLau is offline Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
CheukLau
CheukLau is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49293
JVG please

sweetbobl is offline Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
sweetbobl
sweetbobl is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11696
The Rockets like Clyde because they know he'll never say anything negative about the Rockets. The Rockets think we're so stupid that we'll buy that the Rockets are all All-Stars and they're always doing a great job. Of course, Clyde has to mention every few minutes how wonderful Les is and how he is the best owner in the NBA. The message this sends to Rockets fans is that we're the most gullible and naive fans in sports. To be fair, Les is obviously not the only NBA owner who does this. It would be nice to respect your fans a little bit, though.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
I agree, Clyde Drexer is not a good commentator...

Tigerknee is offline Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #12
Tigerknee
Contributing Member
Tigerknee is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10268
I hate to say this but I'd take Cynthia Cooper over Clyde at this point. He's just effing awful.

Commodore is online now Old 01-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #13
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Whenever I go to a game I see Clyde strolling in right before pregame, I don't think he does anything at all to prepare.

asmith8266 is offline Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
asmith8266
asmith8266 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodasmith8266 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24507
Sadly I think we're stuck with him for the forseeable future. I watch a lot of basketball and, thusly, listen to a lot of commentators and Clyde is by far, BY FAR BY FAR BY FAR, the worst in the whole league. He's an unprepared buffoon who, worst of all, spouts nothing but tired cliches and platitudes the ENTIRE GAME.

I cannot believe the man was hired to coach a basketball team way back when. That is just stupefying.

Artie_Fufkin is online now Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
Artie_Fufkin
Artie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArtie_Fufkin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46428
He's Bill's foil. I enjoy hearing them disagree...on almost everything.

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Am I the only one who is willing to break a lance for him... He is too entertaining....
lmao

conquistador#11 is offline Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
You think Lex, with the huge ego he has, is going to bring back someone he let go. muahahahaha (evil laughter).

I miss calvin too.

A_3PO is offline Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
A_3PO
A_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
I don't hang in the GARM much, but seems like it's been a while since the last Clyde thread.

He is a sorry joke as a commentator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

ken is offline Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
ken
Rookie
ken is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets Jones View Post
I wholeheartedly agree! Can some1 please explain how this works, is Drexler hired by the Rockets and thus can they just fire him or is Fox Sports in any way involved with his contract ?

That's why I hate Leslie, he fired Calvin Murphy so quickly in 94 and brought him back because of the fans. Now he keeps this moron on tv for way too long, can't we start a petition or do something about it like with Calvin ? I know it's different from trying to get a guy back then firing one but Clyde has to go.
We do need Calvin..back it just not tha same.

clos4life is offline Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
clos4life
Contributing Member
clos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29124
I wish Calvin came back. Seeing him commentating brought so much fun to that last game he was at for me.

I'll stop when we get Love for Harden. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
The James Harden signing is Trevor Ariza magnified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROF2012 View Post
He did not play at star level in the last 3 games.