1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler has got to go...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 22, 2012.

1. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

This would be the first season I've watched several NBA games when the Rockets weren't one of the teams. Without question I'd take the Clips/Warriors/Magic/Blazers over the Rockets. Hate the Spurs/Thunder/Heat commentators and haven't heard the rest of the league. But I'm guessing we'd easily place in bottom 8 or 10 from any sort of poll on the subject. Even Bill is starting to just become monotone and hard to listen to.

2. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

That's what I've felt with Bill/Clyde the last several seasons. If the opposing team blows by Kmart it's always "XXX with the travel" or if they hit a tough fadeaway it's "XXX just threw it up there" Or Scola flopping or being outmuscled it must be "XXX with the offensive foul that the officials missed" It's insulting and downright embarrassing.

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

To me Bill Worrell is really good, funny and smart. I could listen to him and Jim Deshaies call anything.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Clyde has clearly given up on the job. He just repeats things over and over. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he doesnt even watch basketball outside of Toyota Center.

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think in the last game he literally made these comments from one Rockets possession to the next.

"I like that shot because he took it in rhythm."

"The problem is the Rockets aren't shooting in rhythm."

6. SeabrookMiglla

I like it. Lol

clyde is a garbage commentator, but he is a htown HOFamer who got us our 2nd ring.

i prefer bill and bull by far, but i tink they stopped pairing them together because they get way off topic and start arguing about BS. I remember one game they were arguing about who was the best player ever, bill said wilt and bull said MJ. They went on and on about tis, even after a commercial break.

7. Know Your Role

I've been sick of Clyde for years but what else is the guy going to do? Coach? ha No doubt the guy could play hall of fame basketball but for some reason his knowledge does not translate to good commentating or coaching. However he thinks about things works for him and him only. Time to start a bring back Calvin Murphy Petition.

8. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Disagree. I may be in the minority here, but I like Clyde as a back up to the play call.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Da Faq. I noticed the same exact thing! SMH

10. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I agree. I miss Calvin, and I said this after watching a few games once he was fired. I remember watching those Francis/Mobley years and still stay tuned during a blowout, because I was entertained listening to Bill and Calvin.<p>I would rather have Van over Clyde.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

When they had Calvin Murphy on a few games ago it made it even more obvious how bad Clyde is.

12. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Yes he did! Clyde is ****in horrible man.

13. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Clyde drexler is a horrible announcer...he has me praying I get the other teams announcers..smh

14. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Everyone who has a tweeter account should constantly remind the rockets of how bad he is. we have a thread for every dumb comment by drexler so ppl should tweet those comments to the rockets twitter account.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Knote32 has got to go :grin:

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I love Clyds as a person and player. He makes me miss Calvin Murphy every time they play though. To me he is so boring. I honestly never cared for anything in Calvins past. Its too long to even remember or want to care. I think the Rockets organization should bring him back for the excitement he brings to the broadcast.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Clyde is effing horrible. It's to the point that it's hard to watch homes games on television anymore. He parrots just about everything that Bill says and he's not a very insightful commentator. How many times does the ball hit the rim, rattle around, and Clyde says nothing but net. The first few times it's funny how stupid it is but then it's just freaking annoying.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I agree. He's getting worser by the season. It's pathetic.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I wish we had Van Gundy.

He's hilarious when he wants to be, but his insight is terrific as well.

I also love how he calls out all floppers regardless of the team.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Van Gundy as a color commentator would be epic..but he probably gets paid tons doing his espn gig. Landing JVG as our color commentator would be like landing DH12 in Houston.