1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five Teens Swarm You w/ Your Daughter, Brandish a Firearm & Tell You To Go. What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by i3artow i3aller, Jan 11, 2016.

1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tufhYuJhSDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bgDOYc5XL5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

They would have had to kill me before I would leave my daughter there with them...

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would have gotten shot most likely but there was only one gunman and they were teenagers, I'd take my chances that I could get the gun away from the kid that had it and if I got it, I would have killed the rest of them with it.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I see both sides.

Don't know the location so don't know what your options are if you leave.

However, in general, if you stay you are dead and she gets raped. If you leave you have a chance to get the cops or someone to help you.

However, people generally underestimate time. Even if you get back to your house or someone to help or call the cops, by the time you get back to the park the deed is done.

There's no right answer here. I guess the upside is at least you get medical help to her as soon as possible. There isn't anything this father could have done to stop his daughter from getting raped in that scenario. There were five of them and one had a gun. She was going to get raped.

It's like when Liam Neeson tells his daughter in Taken: "Listen carefully, this is the most important part. They are going to take you."

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Also need to account for the fact that if you force them to shoot you and kill you, your daughter is definitely going to get killed after the rape. It's escalated to murder now so no reason to let her live.

6. Baba Booey

I would assume that leaving her there was a death sentence. She is extremely lucky to be alive.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think you're overthinking it a bit. And who knows what any of us would think (other than bobby the bronson, of course) in the split second horror of that situation.

But if you let yourself get shot, they would probably all run and ditch the gun. Guns are loud, and the teenagers would have been spooked once they pulled the trigger. Or at least that's one calculation you could make.

But agree it's an impossible situation. A Kobayashi Maru moment for the victims. :(

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I hope the father goes all Liam Neeson on their savage asses.

I hope many anal rapings await them in prison.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Curious why it takes so long for the police to arrive and if the dad had a phone. Why was an 18 year old in a playground with her dad? Makes me wonder if she is mentally handicapped. Which would make it all the more horrendous.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Two Brooklyn gang rape suspects turned in by parents <a href="https://t.co/gwWZnsxXvk">https://t.co/gwWZnsxXvk</a> <a href="https://t.co/ULaHUGHGpt">pic.twitter.com/ULaHUGHGpt</a></p>&mdash; The Washington Times (@WashTimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/WashTimes/status/686631547202617344">January 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New York City police detained four teenagers and are seeking a fifth after a woman was gang raped at a playground <a href="https://t.co/kyxZqXOmUq">https://t.co/kyxZqXOmUq</a></p>&mdash; BBC News US (@BBCNewsUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCNewsUS/status/686632858321051649">January 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#10 Commodore, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Major props to those parents.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If convicted, they should all be shot by the father.

DD

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The father saved two lives, his daughters and his. Also contacted police which I'm sure helped capture these evil thugs.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fixed. :mad:

15. cebu

cebu Member

i'm going to shoot them with my xdm cleaned well with Obama tears.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's one way of looking at it, another would be that he abandoned his daughter out of cowardice and allowed her to get gang raped by children.

17. Baba Booey

With at best a 50/50 chance they wouldn't kill her or take her to another location after he left.

Like I said before, they would have had to shoot me.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah me too, I feel like if there was a struggle I would probably get shot, but maybe after that the ****ers would give up and run away.

either way these savages should be skinned alive

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But once you are dead, what help are you? Now they can take her and nobody will know. He likely made the smart choice.

Why didn't he have a phone? Why did he have to travel so long to find help?

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not going to second-guess the father, who was put in an impossible situation. But, that was my first thought as well. Dare them to shoot. They might balk at shooting, and if they don't they'll probably run right after. Even worst case, the police priority to catch them goes up because it's murder or attempted murder and there is now ballistic evidence. You may not be around to see justice done. But you also won't be around to regret your decisions.

Of course, they could pistol-whip me to death instead of pulling the trigger.

Anyway, damn you OP for posting this. Hopefully, in a similar situation I will be more efficacious at least for having thought about it in advance.