1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five Teens Swarm You w/ Your Daughter, Brandish a Firearm & Tell You To Go. What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by i3artow i3aller, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The shots fired in the park were likely to get as fast a police response as leaving her there with guys who might kill her anyway.

It's really a bad situation but I just don't think you can ever abandon a loved one just because a kid points a gun at you. Make the b*stard use it or get his ass beat for not using it before you get your hands on him. That's the only scenario where your loved one MIGHT not get gang raped. Sure you might get shot, but that's a preferable scenario to someone getting raped by 5 people.

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I'd say in this case, the father got lucky (as lucky as one can be in a horrific situation). His decision to leave could have easily gone the other way.

If I am shot dead, that would most likely mean that those five animals wouldn't have been able to rape her in the same spot, as the gunshot would have caused a ton of commotion. Perhaps they turn and blow her away as well and run off, I don't know. Perhaps they just run off. Perhaps she escapes as I lunge at the gunman and tell her to "RUN!"

I really feel bad for the father. He has to be near suicidal for leaving while his daughter was gang raped. I don't know what those animals said to him, or if they threatened to kill his daughter if he didn't leave, or if his daughter actually told him to leave, so it's hard to put myself directly in his shoes.

The father went into a store but the guy wouldn't let him use the phone. I would have jumped the counter and screamed "CALL THE ****ING POLICE MY DAUGHTER IS BEING GANG RAPED RIGHT NOW!" Instead, the father left there looking for another phone or cop. I don't understand how that happened that way.

Those five aholes ruined a women's life by gang raping her and ruined the father's life by instilling this abandonment guilt which has to be ridiculously heavy. I hope all those "kids" involved get killed.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dad and daughter physically may have survived, but that lasting impact on a father and child is permanent. These savage kids deserve a brutal end to their miserable lives. These teens better be prepared to meet their maker.

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

The dad was hanging with his underage daughter, drinking liquor in the park, at night? Parent of the Year right there.

LINK

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

She was 18 which made me suspicious of why they would both be in the park. Dad had probably has his turn for years on her.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Had to be more to the story. And I wonder if there is still more to it.

7. Cranberry_Juice

Well that sure escalated quickly.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Your parenthood is tested by a scenario like this. It's the ultimate parent test. Would you leave your daughter in that situation to go get help asap or possibly die trying to protect her? One would say/think the latter but I guess you have to be in that situation. But, yea, he doesn't sound like parent of the year out drinking in a park with his daughter. That's creepy.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yep. They raised 5 rapists. Props to them!

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And now we're blaming the victim. Awesome.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Who blamed the victim?

12. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Also keep in mind that the dad did not know for sure if the other 4 had guns/weapons as well or the ages/backgrounds of the attackers. For all he knew, they all could have been armed with guns and been gang members with an extensive history of violence. Sticking around to put up a fight might not have seemed like such a clear choice if you were there in the moment.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to look at it this way, if they are killers, she might be dead as well as raped if you do nothing, if they aren't killers, you've got a pretty good chance to stop them. Getting shot in that scenario should be a more acceptable outcome than letting your daughter get raped by 5 people. To this guy, it wasn't. Sorry but IMO he's a scumbag for leaving.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Assmunch, I meant doing the right thing and calling the authorities, but thanks for that.

And we're talking about 2 of the rapists being reported by parents, so at least be accurate with your witty little remarks.

1 person likes this.
  15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Stay and get shot or leave and have a chance to help your daughter. Sometimes you got to think with your head.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't understand why it's strange for a father to be in the park with his daughter. whether she's 2yrs old, or 10, or 18, or 40

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I was thinking about that on my home from work. I don't get how somebody would stop you in that situation. I'd think you would want to call for help and return with any weapon you could find. It definitely shouldn't take 20 minutes to find help at 9:30ish.

I'd also like to think if I were in that situation I'd be smart enough to try and set of a car or burglar alarm in the area.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree, if that's even what was happening. It's a major problem in our age that people read (poorly, usually) an incomplete, first run article and assume they know everything about a situation. It's not just conservatives or liberals -- we're all guilty to some degree.

Perhaps they were just walking through a park and were confronted near the playground part. Who knows? We don't even know if the father's story is accurate yet. But there is some security footage, so I'd bet the police are getting a pretty decent idea of what happened.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is strange to be in a park at night with your child. Parks usually close at night (including this one).

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Not to mention a poorly lit park in a not so safe neighborhood.