1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's annoying, but it doesn't bother me that some Lin fans are just temporary fans of the Rockets. What bothers me is that some Lin fans are not Rockets fans right now, and they want a strong voice in the Rockets forum.

I see this over and over and over again. Vote or shout down a thread with a Patrick Beverley highlight. Trash James Harden. Claim Kevin McHale, Kelvin Sampson and/or Daryl Morey have it in for Lin. It's absurd... just truly embarrassing nonsense. McHale has gotten a completely overhauled roster and one of the youngest in the league to 40 wins with 9 games still to go ... how is that underachieving? It isn't.

What makes McHale a failure to them is that he has benched Lin at times, and thus fans are out to blast him. I mean, here's a completely tongue-in-cheek post highlighting all those things ... and a Lin fan actually agrees with it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=7792185#post7792185

Just got to purge these types one by one.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

How about those Rockets last night. What a fun and awesome game. It looks like we may be seeing more of Asik and Smith on the court at the same time. Great job by McHale and all the other coaches. 2-2 over the past week is very good in my opinion. I hope Harden is ready to go by Monday, but if he isn't it's not a time to panic.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

pointing out is no problem. i did too. i pointed out lin's block is a foul when i saw the replay. but i won't keep saying it forever. it became annoying when some kept bringing this up.

lin's TO is another example. there were so many one-sentence posts to remind ppl of his TOs again and again when the game was still in progress. it's so annoying. we were up and we were winning. i saw our players played so hard. it makes me even harder to understand what's the problem with those annoying ppl.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

smith is another interesting player from the last night. he had a couple hook shots, looking pretty. should we start to think or figure out what his low post skills really look like?

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I shouldn't have been pessimistic since Harden didn't play.
    It was a good effort on our part. I hope he will come back soon, because I don't think we can sustain ourselves without him.

6. steady

steady Member

Yes, they were amazing last night. I imagine other teams looking at Rockets now and thinking ... WTF, now we have to deal with a very good defense, as well as an explosive offense. ? ;) It was great to see the energy on both ends, and everyone contributing. Loved the post up action : ), and off ball movement.

7. OpportunityCost

Substitute "failure" for success and "not rooting" for rooting and you have another group of members that exist on this board.

8. Arthurprescott2

More minutes for Anderson!!

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I don't remember ever seeing people want Lin to do bad, could you please name a few people that are like that? Most people I see just hate the lin fans.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am happy for the win, but I felt like this was more of a case of the Clippers playing badly than the Rockets playing well. Seemed like the Spurs win was a better played game. Regardless 2-2 during hell week is outstanding and I think we are pretty much assured of the playoffs at this point.

Not to mention, we got a lot of favorable calls tonight, for some reason. I think there was a stretch of 4 straight calls against the Clippers, where I was literally had my eyebrows raised.

Really liked the two man game with Delfino and Garcia (2Q I think). Two cagey vets who really helped seal the win tonight. I think the ability to have 3 dead eye 3 point shooters on the floor hitting shots opens up the offense tremendously. Seeing Greg Smith at PF alongside Asik seemed to work out very well, and I hope we see more of Smith in his true position.

Dissapointed with Lin tonight. He really had an opportunity to come out tonight and take charge of the game, but his performance was fairly mediocre. Anderson as well. He looked very below average.

11. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Lol you lost all credibility already, calling Torocan names. He is a Rockets fan that doesn't hate Lin, so he's a LOF? Lol seriously.

Lol ok, that was one hell of a fluke game. First it was a back to back against GSW where they played their hearts out. 2nd Rockets shot 20% from behind the arc, that isn't a Lin only problem, Parsons 0/4, and everyone else made 1/x for 3s. They were trying a repeat performance by draining 3s like they did vs GSW because they didn't want to contest Jordan/Blake in the post. Instead Clippers lit them up at the perimeter. Rox coaching had guards doubling in the paint and well Clippers was just unstoppable at the perimeter 1st quarter, what was it they scored like 46pts in 1Q alone?

GJ rehashing stuff from last year, even though Lin's TOs are a lot lower this year. He is at 2.9 even with the 6TOs this game, James has the dubious honor for having the most TOs on Rockets this year at 3.6.

Those 3 TOs in 1Q were stupid, no one disputes that. Coach did right, let him reset and allow him to adjust to CP3...After all, the best ball thief in the business.

Most of his TOs were from passes not bad handles, and a high percentage are from receiver not catching or dropping the ball. Goodness at least get your facts straight.

Its called dribble penetration, you do notice him either passing to the bigs down low or kick out to the wings or no looks to Parsons on the cut?

Do you even know what a home run pass is? His TOs in 3rd was passing off the dribble that got picked off by CP3 who was anticipating him. They weren't full court passes sigh...

Wow. You do know Rox played great defense last night? Don't get me wrong I love Harden but his defense sucks compared to Anderson. CP3 was 4/11 vs Lin last night, he was 3/4 off Beverley, there's a reason why McHale paired Lin against CP3. They are still not switching fast enough off a pick giving good scoring guards easy points, but that's been a season long problem.

Wow give it a rest. Lin did great, so did the team in general. They pulled off a win without their primary scoring option, even the guys in Clippers post game was wondering what happened and giving praise to Lin along with Delfino/Garcia/etc doing a great job spreading the floor and making up a lethal offense, and Lin did great drawing fouls off CP3/Blake, payback for last time.

Its a great win, it was TEAMBALL that won.

12. nono

nono Member

Lin had a great game even despite the turnovers. Shut Chris Paul down and controlled the offense well.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

The thing I liked about Beverly was he's energized and fight for rebounds

14. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

If we didn't feel Jeremy was underplayed, and those Lin haters did not say things about Lin was unneeded when we win without him, this scenario would not have happened.

15. visible

visible Member

Lin had great game so did everyone last night. Teamball win!

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin scores a co-team-high 15 pts. and helps lead a Harden-less Rockets to a victory over one of the best teams in the league and the undisputed best PG in the league, and he was just mediocre?

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Looking at this game, a win came about due to Houston's great defense of shutting down a high octane offensive team. Though Anderson is not going to be close as far as being an offensive weapon like Harden, he is probably better in the defensive side which was a solid factor (at least in this game). I hope that coaches will give Harden a bit more rest and play Anderson some minutes to minimized Harden from being overplayed. Lin played a bit sloppy, too many TOs, but he did a good job on CP3. It was good that the coaches did not knee jerk and still kept him in the game to play through his errors tonight. One of the better wins of the season, even though Harden was not playing.

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He pretty much just stayed at his season average numbers except with more TOs and less assists. That might be what he is talking about

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

I knew the Clippers and media were going to bring up 4th game in 5 nights thing and even fans seem to be under the illusion that we just got lucky but guess what: it was our 3rd game in 4 nights too, without Harden & a young team team vs. veterans. Glad at least some Clippers players, McHale and our own media recognise that we took it to them.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, but he was playing without Harden. Most anti-Lin people claim that without Harden, Lin would be useless.