1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

People will cheer for their favorite player, and also the team by extension. That's how it is. Lots of players in the league have fans who only follow them, especially superstars (e.g., LBJ, Kobe etc) whom if they left their respective teams, would also take a considerable part of the current fan base with them.

2. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Calling anyone who disagrees with you a "LOH" is pretty ridiculous. No one who has watched the Rocket's their entire lives "hates" Lin, a lot of people hate his fans because they are delusional and seem to think he's a Top 5 GOAT Point Guard in the making.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Why do they cry foul when one of their own gets struck down?

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Dude, millions of Houstonians don't even care about their team. At least we do.

5. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Sure they're Rockets fans now. But the word use was "True Rockets fans" which to me means someone who would be a Rocket fan through thick and thin. So I wouldn't consider someone who's fandom is dependent upon one player a "true Rocket fan."

If you read through the game threads a ton of Lin fans care way more about Lin's performance than the Rocket's winning.

And how would those people be considered "True Fans" of the team those players are playing for?

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

How does your statement make you a "true fan" and not a LOH? Seriously why do you get upset when people think that the starting PG for YOUR team has potential? Or is being misused LEADING to YOUR team losing? You don't think that's an odd reaction of a "true fan" rather than someone with a more specific agenda?

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Realizing that Lin isn't a top 5 all-time Point Guard means someone hates him? I have no reason to hate Lin, or any other player on the Rockets. My opinion on them is generally based upon performance and to me Lin's performance has been that of an average NBA point guard.

8. mazinger

mazinger Member

Who your allegiance to? Once Lin is gone, will you support his new team or the Rockets? If they met in the finals, who would you want to win? Lin or the Rocekts? If you choose Lin, then you're not a Rockets fan. When Olajuwon was traded to Toronto, we still followed and supported Olajuwon but remained loyal to the Rockets. That is what team fan is.

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It's irrelevant. There's no register or directory that lists who's a "true fan" and who isn't. It's all subjective. Losing sleep or getting angry about who's more of a fan or less of a fan is a huge waste of time.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This is exactly what I was going to ask.

11. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

and who would pay for the players' salaries if not the corporate sponsor? why do you think every new arena that gets built has more and more corporate boxes? Hate to break it to you, but the average fan that watches a few games a year is not going to support any NBA teams.

12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Who is saying Lin is a top 5 all time PG? Who is saying he is a top 5 PG now? I haven't heard anyone claiming that this year or even last year. He is right now what his stats say he is 12-13 pts and 6 assists per game. And because i recognize that is who he is, when he only scores 4 pts and plays only 19 minutes and the Rox lose, something is wrong... Something is wrong with him, with the coaching, with the gamelan/preparation.

13. pnr

pnr Member

Pull up some posts that claim lin is a top 5 PG all time.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Then they are simply are no longer Rockets fans.

15. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Given that this is all hypothetical anyways how come you are so certain that the Lin fans today would not continue to be Rockets fans even when he leaves, retires, whatever? Many fans are fans for different reasons - some because they live in the city, some because of a player, some because of the team's uniform, and some even become fans because of the image portrayed by the team (ie Raiders fans). It seems pretty conceited to claim one is a better fan than another fan just because of one point of view.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What the hell are you talking about? That guy has been derailing threads for so long now its not even funny. He was the first to bring up his stupid little "LOH EAT DURTZ!" crap. Most of everybody has been ignoring it. Clutch doesn't just temp ban someone like that, a lot of people have been reporting his posts. Can you tell me that adds any substance to the discussion ?

17. Exel

Exel Member

So you have a different opinion on Lin's potential then other people. You call them delusional and some of them call you a LOH. Maybe cut the name calling out and keep it civil and the conversations about Lin might be more tolerable. If you can't with certain people, just ignore them and move on.

18. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

why even waste your energy like that unless you just have a problem with the guy? I grew up in NYC and even though I moved away the knicks are still my #1 team and when they were cruising to start the year, everyone at MSG was saying "jeremy who?!?! see raymond felton was clearly the right decision etc etc"

I didnt feel a need to bring these people down or go around telling people "raymond felton is average!!" The team's doing well, let them believe what they want.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Is it possible you overlooked 5000 "McFail's" written by semi-fans, or did you simply find them another fun part of Rockets true-fan culture?

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

please Harden should be just as thankful to have these guys around him. Trade him straight up for Kyrie Irving, how would the Cavs do right now? It works both way.

If he did go to the Wizards how would they do?? He and John Wall would be killing each other for the ball.