1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2013.

1. mazinger

mazinger Member

No, they are not. They are Lin fans who only want the Rockets to win because that's the team he is part of. It is not hard to understand.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Shouldn't that be enough? Swearing allegiance, supporting the team through thick and thin. Rooting for a team and being a fan doesn't mean you have to feel like you're in a gang. :) Seems more like it's about casual vs hardcore rather.

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Do you live in Houston? So is it accurate to say that should you leave Houston, your allegiance leaves with you? We just don't know do we, until you move away. Same with Lin, we don't know until he leaves. The rest is just one's own biases clouding judgement.

4. mulberry

mulberry Member

CCM721, when you make introductions to people, do you say " This is my true wife, true brother, true mother...."?

What I see is a very narrow-minded argumentative person.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Please point out the so-called rants you speak of. What I've seen in this thread is a bunch of instigation from "LOFs", continually saying that actual Rockets fans wanted the team to lose tonight because of some animosity towards Jeremy. And why? Because they pointed out we got favorable calls from the refs? Because they shake their head at Jeremy's several turnovers? I'm sorry, but it is pretty annoying that a segment of this membership who are pretty open about caring more for Lin's individual growth than the team's winning would make such accusations.

1 person likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Publicly demonstrating you are punishing someone has always been one of history's best methods of deterrence.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Get real.

1 person likes this.
  8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hahahah great:grin: :grin::grin: repped!

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hahah i immediately thought of this the moment i read @opportunities comment

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

No I don't use words like that, however the original poster I was responding to did.

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

The NBA itself is a star-driven league that promotes this kind of fandom.

12. lfw

lfw Rookie

To be fair, last game thread there was a very obvious troll poster who was deliberately trying to rile up Lin fans to derail the thread. I didn't see a post saying that person was banned.

Either way, people are too sensitive here. They get their feelings hurt and then start trolling and the conversation goes from being about basketball to LOF/LOH and personal attacks on each other. It is the name calling and personal attacks that is ruining the board. Some people need to learn to be more mature and be able to disagree with each other without dragging the discussion into the mud. Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen without more moderation here on both sides.

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Everyone's getting worked up over nothing. Apparently it's not enough that fans cheer for the team, they need to cheer for the right reason.

14. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I didn't get to watch the game last night because it was my birthday and we were out celebrating. Sounds like I missed a good game!

Reading through this game thread, it sounds like we had a lot of drama happening. Thanks to all of you who keep posting funny, intelligent, and thoughtful perspectives. And this is all a good reminder to me to keep it respectful.

CF is awesome!

15. Rockets_Pride

Rockets_Pride Member

Here comes the bull ***** queen again.

Harden was also off the floor against the prior Clipppers game. So how did the Rockets do? How did Mr. Team Ball Jeremy Lin do leading the team. Oh, I forgot..it wasn't Lin's fault they lost last time, it was on the coaches, the refs, the ball boy, or perhaps the chick in the stands staring at Lin making him nervous. So this time around, there was suddenly ball movement and Lin played even less minutes than previously but they win and it's all because of Lin and we didn't have Harden's ISO and lackadaisical defense. I guess I really need to get myself a pair of Lin-tinted glasses to elevate my bball knowledge.

Lin turning the ball over was atrocious and it shouldn't be glorified at all. Lin has been known in the league to be a turn over machine since the Knicks, so there's no point in getting into the argument of why? Lin is just a lousy ball-handler and passer when he handles the ball more, especially under defensive pressure, plain and simple. Also, a lot of these traps Lin got were just him dribbling himself into, LMFAO. He likes to dribble himself into defenders and then attempts a home-run pass in tight quarters--there's a reason why McHale can't stand his home-run style. There were a couple of home-run passes Lin attempted in the Q1 that resulted in TOs. Talking about quick decisions, Lin needs to make quicker decisions and pass it out when he gets himself trapped. And BTW, justifying that the higher TOs is the reason for Lin winning games is the most pathetic thing I've ever read. Who else would be saying things like that? Only LOFs obviously.

The fact that Beverley was so much better handling the ball than Lin, this LOF queen has to disingenuously praise Beverley just to jab at him that Lin did a better job penetrating in this game. Are you saying that Lin can drive in a zone and Beverley can't. Ok, so let me see how many times Lin drove to the basket in the zone. ZERO. Lin's first drive to the basket for a easy layup wasn't defended by a zone and thereafter. If it was a 3-2 zone, driving to the basket would be easier, but the Clippers wasn't playing 3-2.

Do you even know what a 3-2 zone is? Do you know the Clippers wasn't playing a 3-2 zone but a different type of "zone." You have no idea what that zone is and you want to talk about zones. The specific type of "zone" the Clippers played when Beverley was on the court and on specific possessions, not all possessions, is called a nickle defense or a zone and man. When the Clippers played nickle defense, Beverley popped it from the arc because the Rockets destroyed it with ball movement forcing the Clippers to shift on defense because the "zone" you mentioned wasn't meant to protect the 3pt line.

Greg Smith defended Blake well. The same backup player you deemed not worthy to play when Mchale sat the starters in the game against the Grizzlies. Garcia individually was the biggest contributor to the win. Looks like the majority of the players were backups that made your Lin-led Rockets look good against the Clips. You still got a bone to pick on McHale's decision to play the backups in the Grizzlies game? The backups played hard this game as well as the last.......

This was a game more about the Clippers playing poorly than the Rockets playing that much better..oops meant to write Lin-led Rockets playing well--can't forget to attach Lin's name. The Clipper has way too many "mental" breakdowns and playing lackadaisical getting technicals, fumbling the ball, bad attitudes, sloppy, and effortless. Talk about sloppiness, Clippers were way worse.

Lets get some game recap shall we:

Game Recap, oops...Lin Recap. It's all about Linning you know.

Q1 - 5 pts (layup, 3pt)

In the first quarter while the other Rockets players were busy defending the Clippers frontcourt, Lin was busy throwing the ball away. Whatever Lin did in that quarter was negated by his TOs.

Lin was an eye-sore in this Q. Lin subbed out and the game was tied at 21-21 a piece.

Q2 - 5 pts (layup, technicals x2, ft 1/2)

Lin back in the game at 6:31 and with the Rockets leading 40-34, thanks to Garcia, the man of the Q. Sorry LOFs, forgot to mention that Lin was also the man! The Rocket's lead was cut down to 45-44 at 3:19. Geez Lin, what are you doing to this team? When Lin was on the bench the team goes on a run. When Lin returns the lead shrinks. What gives? But guess what? We got super backup Garcia keep draining them 3s to save the day. The lead goes back up. Lin you are such an inspiration to the team! Don't know where the Rockets will be w/out Lin.

At the end of Q, the game was 50-55. Lin is the man! Lin single-handedly kept the Rockets on a roll.

Q3 - 5 pts (ft 1/2, ft 2/2 floater)

Here's another role for Lin since he such a great shooter and finisher at the basket. Just have Lin throw his body against the big boys so he gets fouled. Lin can certainly earn quite a few points from the foul line. It's an alternative way Lin can become elite and pad his stats. Actually, Lin should thank Harden for sitting out; otherwise, Lin would have scored a total of 13 pts w/out those 2 technicals.

Q4 - 0 pts

All I can say this was a Linspirational Q.

All in all, Lin's scoring and playmaking abilities got Rockets this win. Without Lin, the Rockets was a guaranteed failure. However, let me end this by giving Lin some more credit. Lin sure can transform backup scrubs like Anderson, Beverley, Smith, and Garcia into stars with his magical appearance on the floor as the primary ball handler. Lin didn't even have to pass it off after crossing half-court and camp in the corner in this game. Lin played his brand of basketball. I'm happy for him.

16. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

THANK YOU!

17. lfw

lfw Rookie

You know you can make the same points without making statements like "Here comes the bull ***** queen again" or being condescending? It helps with keeping the conversation civil.

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Torocan's post was very respectful and here you are starting your post with this crap.

19. hbomb

hbomb Member

Yes! wow! insightful! magical! amazing! powerful! descriptive! positive! enlightening!

20. Rockets_Pride

Rockets_Pride Member

Nothing is respectful coming from LOFs, period. You fake a**.