1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Carr should be traded..........

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bag0b0y, Oct 15, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm gonna stop here. because you clearly twisted what i said when i actually addressed 2005 and 2006. DC2006 has played all of 5 games.

and you're being really unfair to DC2005. it's not his fault, remember?

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Maybe no one is saying that, but look at the title of the thread. That mentality does exist in this thread and this bbs. Maybe not from you, but it does exist.

Again, I'm not a Carr apologist anymore that you're a Carr hater. If the right trade comes along, hell yeah let's do it. I just think it's odd (yet somewhat predictable) to start a thread like this and pile on after his first bad game all year.

Let's address the O-line, D-line, secondary, RB, LB positions before QB. It's all about priorities.

3. MadMax

i'm just tired of the excuses, all the way around. they have a million reasons why they can't be effective 4.5 years in. none of them alleviate the fact that they're not effective. none of them make me feel any better about the situation.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So blame one person, who may or may not deserve the voracity of that blame, for most of the collective franchise's problems.

Doesn't make sense.

5. Major

Major Member

No it wasn't. In 2002 and 2005, it certainly was (76 and 68 sacks). In 2003, in 12 games, he was sacked 15 times. In 2004, he had 49 sacks - not great, but certainly not nearly as bad as the other two years.

The O-Line has been up-and-down (more down than up), but it's not like its been a problem every year. Remember, at the beginning of last year, this team was considered a possible outside playoff contender. It's not like everyone though they had the worst O-Line ever.

6. Major

Major Member

It doesn't make sense because that's not what MadMax said - but instead simply want you want him to have said. He has said (probably a dozen times just in the parts of this thread that I've read), that Carr is part of the problem. In other words, he's not exempt from the criticism. Not that he's the only one to blame.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

WHO IS EXEMPTING HIM?

I'm not saying he's blameless... but that focusing more on his faults than those of the collective team isn't going to help anybody.

The people who say "get rid of David Carr" would like to make it seem that the people who dont' agree with them are saying "Carr can do no wrong..." and that's simply not the case.

So, in essence... everybody here is saying the same thing... "Carr isn't doing well, neither is the whole team." Its just "how" they're saying it that's differing. Ugh, what a waste of time.

8. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

i want to bump this again.

9. MadMax

for roughly the 10th time today:

i'm not blaming one person.

10. msn

msn Member

It's not what Max has said--but it's what many have said.

And, if a group of people repeatedly bash one guy, then the collective volume of their posts is more to be believed then one or two "yeah, others are at fault, too."

And, looking at performance by position, the qb position has to be near the bottom in terms of culpability for the Texans' sucktitude. Yet, it's what people whine about the most. Doesn't that seem a little off to you?

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Man, what a rant, but let's end this...

To be PC, it's the team's fault...Is David apart of the problem, yes, but he doesn't play D and he isn't a running back...However, like someone said earlier, its the Coach and QB who have the highest visibility and thus get blammed for everything...That's why they make the big bucks...

To quote "First rule in management, everythings your fault"...

12. msn

msn Member

Whoa.

I don't play like that. I don't intentionally twist people's words and use those twisted words against them.

Obviously, I clearly misunderstood what you said. Wouldn't be the first time, and I'm sorry about that.

13. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

I beg to differ, make a change to say Brees (or even Leinart) and we would see an improvement.

#133 garthomps, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Funny how you mention Brees... a guy who was god-awful, and forced his team to use a high draft pick on another QB, only to become good once his team started acquiring TALENT to surround him (LT, and 2 solid o-lineman on the Chargers).

15. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

I've been a fan of Brees from his time at Purdue (plus he's a fellow Texan). Anyways, he plays smart and no he was not bad at San Diego.

16. timwalters

timwalters Member

ok, when the texans gave carr an extension i felt a vibe of "huge mistake"...now im watching Matt Leinert..and Im like, "edgerrin james isnt running at all, they have no running game,all the receivers of arizona are double or triple covered and leinert STILL completes the passes " ..thats what carr is lacking..and im sick of excuses...carr has had 4.5 years to "get it" leinert has "it" within 2 games

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Care to look at how far he regressed, that forced the Chargers to draft Phillip Rivers?

Why did the Chargers use their top 5 pick (traded Eli with the Giants #4) to pick up a QB if Brees was so great?

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Leinart's had one great quarter. (And also note that he threw a blatant pick that officials mistakenly overturned.) Are you seriously making the case that Carr has never had a quarter in 4.5 years where he's "got it"? Because I can think of several this year.

Carr has had several brilliant quarters in his tenure with the Texans. Hell, Carr had a brilliant first quarter against the Cowboys in his first game as a rookie. How is Leinart doing anything different?

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Make a change to Leinart and this team is 0-16.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You are right but seriously, Ron Dayne? Where else in the NFL could he even be a #2 running back. All i'm saying is you have to put at least a decent or even average runner behind this crappy O-line. That would help at least a litte although even a franchise guy like LT couldnt completely overhaul this line.