1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Carr should be traded..........

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bag0b0y, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

to whichever desperate team is in need of a qb. Hopefully we could salvage a first rounder before tuesday's trade deadline. This kid still has value so let's get a high draft pick.

It's clear to me he can't get it done here. It's too late. He's been traumatized by the first 4 years being on this team and losing has become a habit for him. Give him up and move on.

It's time for the face of the franchise to be replaced. Mario Williams is clearly not his replacement so it's time to overhaul this laughingstock of a franchise and aquire fresh blood that does not know anything about the losing history of the Texans. FIVE YEARS of not even smelling the playoffs is ridiculous. They're so bad CBS has been switching to other games by half time to revive ratings due to Texans games. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think David Carr is destined for glory if not greatness, just not with the Texans.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

not a good thread title.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

mods please change this stupid thread title

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

As a Boys fan I'd gladly take him for Bledsoe and our 2007 1st.

It would have been better last year when you could have taken VY with your own pick and used picks from Dallas for other needs. But oh well, the Texans may still be in the right direction, as well as the Cowboys.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

idiotic thread title. obviously you were trying to incite something

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You guys remeber that old Carr vs. Harrington debate????? Bring it back. Harrington led the Dolphins to within a fieldgoal of tying the game after being down 3-20 in the 4th qtr. Joey boy threw for 200yds and a 2 TD's in the fourth qtr and they rarely ran the ball.

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm about to trade the mfer who started this thread to whatever forums need a yackass.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I wish...Ok, I saw him in person and man, ever game he starts off good, and then nothing...The D is atrocious and honestly, I'm not sure Carr is the answer...

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

What are you guys talking about?

Carr is having a great year. He isn't making stupid mistakes that lead to sacks.
    He has a great %.

Do you know how hard it is to do well in the air once you give up on the ground? Before you start thinking about kicking him out, give him a fair shot by getting a decent RB to balance the offense.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Are you being serious? Let's compare the 2005 stats:

Harrington: 188-330, 12 TDs, 12 INTs, 2,021 yards, 57% completion, 72.0 rating
    Carr: 256-423, 14 TDs, 11 INTs, 2,488 yards, 60.5% completion, 77.2 rating

Plus, Harrington had a ridiculous amount of talent around him with the Lions, while Carr had absolutely nothing, including zero protection. Harrington's ass got run out of Detroit... and for good reason. Carr had his option picked up.

11. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Yeah the Lions did have a lot of talent. But I guess that talent never showed up for Harrington considering their record while he was there.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I hear ya.

Don't expect anythign from the QB position till we get a running game....

Carr has not been a problem for this team.

#12 Uprising, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Honestly, I think Carr has been serviceable this year and Mario looks like he has potential. Now, I don't know if it was a good idea to pass on VY, but time will tell. How old is Carr?

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Forget Young. I'm not upset about not taking Young. I'm kind of upset about not taking BUSH considering we have NO running game.

Hmmm....Adrian Peterson in a Texans Jersey looks soooooooooo nice.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dunta and AJ had bad games as well today... Mario may just be the best first round pick this team has ever had.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You've been on this bbs long enough to know that if a player has a bad game, it's time to trade him.

17. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Or MAYBE Harrington just sucked so much it didn't matter if that talent did show up...

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bush wouldnt improve our running game.

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Exactly. Harrington = bust

20. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

agreed. most of the houston texans run plays are b/t the tackles. right now, bush can't even do well b/t in the new orleans so how can he be great in houston.