1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Leader of this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spankz141, Mar 7, 2013.

?

Who is the leader?

1. Harden

363 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Lin

234 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Parsons

80 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Delfino

10 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Brooks

22 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Other

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. No Leader

65 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. MonKing

MonKing Member

There is plenty to be frustrated with McHale about. But I've shoved a lot of guys with that limited amount of force before and it has never been taken badly by either party. My guess is McHale said a sarcastic comment along the lines of "Oh, you decided to play, did you?" Just ribbing Parsons to give him a back-handed compliment. Given their history, how Parson says McHale ribs him before games about guarding Marion for instance, this doesn't seem a big deal. Parsons doesn't seem upset at all.

2. wapz

wapz Member

awesome! that is really good to hear :grin: at least we wont have players do a wade impression (on spoelstra) when the coach pulls them out for good reasons

3. mikster

mikster Rookie

I know right! Must have been a LOF that hacked the site and changed names from Beverly to Lin. :grin:

4. andersongo

andersongo Member

The leader is meant to be James Harden. He is the max guy and by far the most talented player. However Harden shows very little effort on the defensive end and hence has got no credibility at all. Real leaders like Lebron, Kobe, CP3 and Paul George show full commitment on both end and thus cannot be questioned. Until Harden seriously D up, he can only hope to be Melo's version of The Man.

5. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

How is Aaron Brooks even an option?

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol did somebody just say kobe shows commitment on both sides?

Harden's effort on d would net him a first team selection if his name was Kobe.

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Being the best scorer/player doesn't necessarily = being the leader.

Melo is the best player on the Knicks but I'd say Chandler is the real "leader" of that team. He's vocal, always the one calling players out and directing things.

Lin is more a "leader" on this team than Harden is. Harden is the best individual player, but he doesn't seem to be very vocal, nor does he communicate to his teammates on D or direct offense, get players in their spots, etc.

Harden doesn't have that leadership quality imo, it's just not his personality. He just seems like a lone quiet assasin who just takes care of business, not one who commands the troops.

8. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

The best player on the team does not necessarily mean he's the leader, though, right? Just wondering.

On a less serious note:

They see me vote Lin... They hatin'.... ♫

9. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lin abou to be traded in the offseason lmao the leader gtfoh

10. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Daryl Morey.

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The alpha dog is obviously Harden, but Parsons is a leader in many ways as well.

Lin and Asik are the 4th quarter cheerLeaders.

12. andersongo

andersongo Member

Rapebe is no longer what he once was at the peak of his powers and can no longer give the same amount of intensity on both sides. However, when he was way younger, he was a very good, tenacious defender who made it a personal goal to stop whoever is The Man on the other team. To compare a young, lazy Harden to prime Rapebe on the defensive end is just stupid. And no, Harden ain't getting a First team selection if he doesn't stop being one of the worst defenders in the NBA.
    "I think it was the exposure of Michael Jordan; the marketing of Michael Jordan. Everything was marketed towards the things that people wanted to see, which was scoring and dunking. That Michael Jordan still played defense and an all-around game, but it was never really publicized." - Michael Jordan, GOAT jerk.

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Did MJ seriously refer to himself in third person three times in a single statement? What a douchebag. It's a shame he was gifted Pippen and an obscenely stacked supporting cast who never seem to get any credit I would have loved to see MJ go ringless.

14. andersongo

andersongo Member

"I think it was the exposure of Michael Jordan; the marketing of Michael Jordan. Everything was marketed towards the things that people wanted to see, which was scoring and dunking. That Michael Jordan still played defense and an all-around game, but it was never really publicized." - Michael Jordan, GOAT jerk.

15. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

James Harden on first practice: "Tuck in your shirts and let's get to work!" HARDEN

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

A real leader shows 100% commitment on both ends and set the standards.Harden has got to improve.

17. jocar

jocar Member

The leader of any team is their coach.
    Doesn't look like anyone has stepped up as floor leader yet. Harden isn't very vocal, Lin is only vocal when he's pumped, Parsons is more vocal off the court, Asik just cusses in Turkish, DMo is most vocal on the bench. We're in need of a vet like Batman to rally the troops.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

McSuccess, COTY candidate, as leader...makes sense.

19. strifed169

strifed169 Member

A player has to want to be the leader, look at the Denver Nuggets, whos the leader there? I don't think Ty Lawson wants to be the leader even though coach Carl has pushed him to become the guy. Being a team leader has to come naturally and I don't really see it in Harden, I do however see it in Lin, he's very vocal on both offense and defense, but I voted for no leader right now, cause thats the way it seems with Lin being on a short leash.

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Harden may be a superstar, but Lin is still the face of the Rockets. He's the team's heart, their floor general, and easily the most recognizable player on the roster to non-Rocket fans and the general public.