1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Leader of this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spankz141, Mar 7, 2013.

?

Who is the leader?

1. Harden

363 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Lin

234 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Parsons

80 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Delfino

10 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Brooks

22 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Other

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. No Leader

65 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

whatever dude....

anyway, i think the Leader of this team is chandler parsons....he takes every posession personal and he's been here the longest...though that is not saying much...

Harden is still learning how to be a leader and doesnt seem to be very vocal...he def. leads by example but knowing him since hs he is not a natural leader....he is a great player though

2. jae713

jae713 Member

Harden is the leader hands down. Your best player has to be the leader.

3. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

wondering if anyone here played organized sports...

being the best player does not necessarily equal being a leader...

you have to have charisma and be likeable to a certain extent...unless you are league renowned like a Kobe or Jordan....then likable-ness is not much of a factor...

Harden can and i believe he will develop into a leader one day...he needs to work on his charisma and communication skills and maybe then he will lead on the court and in the huddle....until then Parsons is well qualified place holder...

4. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

Harden/Lin

lol

LOFs russling jimmies here...

5. jae713

jae713 Member

WTF? Is he trying to be an anchor men. There is a difference between being a Derek Fisher and a Kobe Bryant. Lin, Parson=Fisher. Harden=Kobe. Yes, I have played organized ball but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

The fact that this poll is so one-sided when the answer is so painfully obvious makes it clear how inundated our forums have become with Jeremy Lin fans.

I mean, how can people honestly make the case that your only all-star, only max salary player, leading point scorer and guy who takes all your big shots (with mixed results) is not the team's leader? He's even one of the most tenured NBA guys on our roster as well... Is there any objectivity left on CF?

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

LOL. I don't know how Lin got that many votes. What exactly is he leading? Maybe people were voting whom they wanted to be the leader? Or, it could be even worse, people just voted Lin to upset others, since it's getting more and more hostile between fans.

8. jocar

jocar Member

What kind of leader is afraid of taking shots or getting benched??
    :(

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Clutch - Can you send this official:grin: vote tally to the coach McFail to official tell Harden that he needs to step aside and let Lin be the leader.:grin:

10. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

If its an open poll, its not just people on the forum, you don't have to be a member to vote and clearing cookies can allow you to vote more than once lol. I don't take these polls seriously.

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If you do...you've got issues.:grin:But, honestly the Lin or Harden fanatics will cancel each other out so there is probably some legitimacy.:)

12. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I call these "Attention" threads

13. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

how is lin our leader? i dont get it lmao , can someone make a poll to vote for asians whites blacks or hispanics? that would help this poll lol

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

He's not my leader...just the leader of the Rockets....there's a big difference.:grin: That poll will be so much more flawed then this one.:eek:

15. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

16. hkomives

hkomives Member

If people thinks Harden should be the leader, why don't he get more votes?

Not too many are voting for Harden.

17. hkomives

hkomives Member

Lin don't want to be a leader, he just wants to play PG.

18. DBRox

Well you quoted me stating that the poll is seriously flawed since it can be manipulated. Does this answer your question?

19. mikster

mikster Rookie

Everyone has their own opinion on what they see. Not all people that have voted for Lin are LOF...just because you don't see Lin as a leader don't mean they're r****ded. Sure Lin doesn't score the most and isn't our best player but to me I feel as if Lin handles the ball most of the time and makes plays on most on most of his possessions. Harden on the other hand looks more of a hero player that can score rather then make plays for his teammates. I swear whenever harden is open with the ball or when he drives in....he rarely passes it out due to him probably having the mindset of creating the foul. That's just me and how I see it.

20. DBRox

Yes, everyone has their own opinions but Morey has already said that Harden has stepped into the leadership role. I think he would know more than some random fans.