1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Leader of this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spankz141, Mar 7, 2013.

?

Who is the leader?

1. Harden

363 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Lin

234 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Parsons

80 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Delfino

10 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Brooks

22 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Other

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. No Leader

65 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. wendzall

wendzall Member

Watching the guys, it looks like they don't have just one leader. I see respect going towards Harden a lot but he doesn't appear to be a vocal type of person. I think he gets a lot of cred by his play from the other players.
    But as point guard I also see Lin being vocal and trying to communicate with his teammates a lot. I'm not sure if he gets the same respect as Harden but i do believe he has good relations with his teammates. I bet he hangs out more with the guys on the plane trips, etc. but Harden has more respect as a baller.
    Also these players are not little kids, they are adults and so personalities are also important in how they mesh.
    I wonder if there are a couple of clicks within the team. It's obvious that Lin and Parsons are close. Harden seems more reserved, not that he's a loner but anyway, maybe it's just my wrong impression.

2. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

Lin is a leader - great teammate, classy, says the right things, leads by example, unselfish. He took over the Knicks, they became a totally different team when he led. That was part of the problem, because Melo got jealous, tanked games, and ran D'Antoni, Lin, and all of Lin's buddies (Landry, Jeffries, Douglas) out of town in the off-season.

The way McHale and Sampson jerk and yank Lin around definitely impacts his ability to naturally lead. Hard for a teammate to listen when they know the coach doesn't respect him.

3. peter2012

peter2012 Member

We should have a poll like this:

Who will leave first: Lin or Mchale

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

wow this poll turned to a popularity contest! sad...

5. glitch273

glitch273 Member

Yes someone make this poll. I really believe one of them will be gone by next season. Since Les loves Lin, my vote is McHale gets fired. (Unless rockets magically make it out of the first round)

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

More like who is the better coach. Lin has some quality that could make him a solid coach in 10-15 years. Could be the first NBA coach of Chinese/Tawainese descendent....:grin:

I'm leaning towards McHale, unless they get a very solid and top tier GP to replace Lin. Seeing how clueless McFail is with the trades, I don't think there is much of a line of communication between McFail and Morey. Also, I don't see Les willing to dump Lin again the second time....at least not this summer.

7. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

im glad this thread was created....this the perfect thread to gauge the posters on this forum....

Lin has nearly 500 votes as the leader of the Rocket team??????? and i am a troll for pointing out that LOF's are ruining team-healthy discussion???

its clear who posts on this board....

1 person likes this.
  8. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

You chase down LOFs on every thread. Clearly 90% of them already have you on ignore. For the rest of us rockets fans, please just stop.

9. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I think its Parsons. He's not afraid to speak up.

10. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

We get it
    You hate Lin and are frustrated that most others are Lin fans
    Deal with it
    He has a lot of white, black, hispanic fans because he's likeable, humble, team first, and an underdog

11. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

How can you be the teams leader and you don't even play in a lot of forth qtrs lol you will never see harden sitting those out

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Either Harden or Parsons at this point.

13. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I've heard him call himself a leader of the team but I haven't heard anyone else say it. Ive heard the term glue guy though. Parsons and TD (you know, when he was still here, ha!) have said that Harden and Lin were the leaders of the team though.

14. Fighton

Fighton Member

patrick beverley's energy.

no, not the man himself. just the energy and whoever it chooses to possess.

15. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

you've got to be kidding me, lol. I don't even know what to say about these poll results.

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I wish we had an aggressive, vocal defensive type player on our team as a captain/leader, an enforcer type.

17. rocketfaithful

All of you who picked Lin are clearly LOF's who lost their mind! Are you kidding! The kid doesn't even run the show and he is supposed to be the point guard. Lin has lacked leadership qualities that got him all of the reckognition during Linsanity which I don't think was a fluke but the leadership qualities were. I read articles on this kid in sports illistrated that said his highschool and college teamates had said he never was much of a leader even then. The real Leaders on this team are Harden and Parsons! who by the way both get 8 more minutes a game than anybody else on the team. Sorry LOF's but I can not stand what yall stand for. Basketball is a sport that should be rooted for by people who have a favorite team and aren't rooting for a team because they jumped on the bandwagon. Take our sportscasters Bull and Clyde for example; die hard rocket fans and players who have been through great and Terrible times. If you don't know who guys like catino mobley, streve francis, and moochie norris are then you might be a band wagoner! Stay away LOF's and BANDWAGONERS!

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketfaithful

Can We still call up Dikembo Mutumbo? haha

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Harden has playoff experience and NBA Finals experience. He is also majority of the time the floor leader (more so than Lin IMO). Just because Lin is the "point guard" doesnt make him the leader. Who is the leader of Miami then, Chalmers? GTFO. The player with the ball in his hands the most is your leader. HARDEN.

20. BayMind

BayMind Rookie

Not true. As explained on a prior page, Carmelo Anthony is the Knicks' best player and has the ball in his hands the most. He thinks he's the leader but he isn't. It's Tyson Chandler on that team.