1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Leader of this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spankz141, Mar 7, 2013.

?

Who is the leader?

1. Harden

363 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Lin

234 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Parsons

80 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. Delfino

10 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Brooks

22 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Other

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. No Leader

65 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Fighton

Fighton Member

I still don't understand.... and this is a serious question...

Why is this such a big deal? what does this say about us as people?

Why is it such a big deal to some Lin fans that people agree with their opinion (and it's ONLY an opinion), that lin is the leader of the team?

And why is it so important for others to make sure that Lin is NOT voted as the leader, so important that the guy who started this board had to go in and "right the wrong". Why is it so "reassuring" for some people to know that Lin actually did not get 2k votes? it's almost like "oh good god! all is well with the world!" kind of reaction.

you know what i think?

I think some lin fans want lin to be recognized as a legitimate star on this team and a critical piece to its success. because of the "perceived" dismissive attitudes of the coaching staff and old time rocket fans toward lin, they feel the need to point out every facet of his game in order to justify their opinion of him as a star on this team, even to the extreme.

and the others? well, some people on here are just uncomfortable with things that challenge their preconceived notion of how things work. that's why lin was, and still is, such a lightening rod. he destroys a lot of preconceived notion of what a nba star pg should look and act like. well, people are gonna be uncomfortable with that. they may not hate him, but they don't like the "idea" of him.

by the way, have you all considered the fact that no matter what the poll result is, it has no effect whatsoever on who really is the leader of the team? that the leader of the team is actually decided by.. um... the team? for all we know garcia could be the leader of the team (and i'm sure garcia fans can come up with legitimate reasons for that too).

2. nickg

nickg Member

There are very few superstars in the league, and harden isn't one of them yet. He is an ELITE scorer, probably top five. But he isn't as good a shooter as Durant or lebron. He also doesn't defend for ****. You want to be a superstar, you lead your team on both ends of the floor. He's at melos level right now, but he's young.

I voted no leader because I'm not comfortable putting that title on anyone yet. Harden is obviously our best player. He dominates the offense. But we had a player a few years back that did the same and there is no ****ing way he was the leader. Just like Melo isn't a leader. If anything, its a group of players, or more likely McHale.

3. nickg

nickg Member

I think the leader will become more apparent in the playoffs. Taking every shot/being the most talented doesn't make you the leader though. That's ****ing ridiculous, and pretty bad logic.

4. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Amazing win against the Spurs tonight, and James Harden is clearly the man.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! Now if you booted the chumps that are screaming bloody murder about what you did, maybe we'd get somewhere, Clutch. ;-)-

Oh, and does the question of who leads this team need further discussion? I think not.

6. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Lin is the leader of this team? Dear god people, pull your head out of your ass

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

IMO there is no leader

but if i had to choose it be Harden

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

To me it's really simple.

Whose team is this? Harden's. Then there goes your answer.