1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 25, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, why don't they move into the enemy's headquarters with the enemy still alive...they're so dumb gawd!

Exactly. Although Carl brought up a good point on his own, it definitely looked like the kid was trying to bait him into lowering his own weapon. You're just asking to get shot, if you walk over to the person, without invitation.

If that's now what the writers wanted to show, then they screwed it up.

I think the woman that survived the Gov's massacre will be become the new Lori next season.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Everyone has their own opinion, personally I thought this was the best season overall.

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

so wtf, another season of lame ass governor??

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I felt like seasons 2 and 3 were like polar opposites. The 1st half of season 2 was very boring, the 1st half season 3 was as good as the show has ever been. And the 2nd half of season 2 was very good, while the 2nd half of season 3 was a big let down. That's just my personal opinion. I think overall they are pretty equal.

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

That guy is just getting annoying, can't wait for them to finally kill him off if they ever do. After the lame (IMO) season finale, I'm starting to lose faith in this show...

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Watched last night.... Not as good as last year. Thought they should have ended The Governor story and moved on. Surely Martinez and random black soldier can't be down with what they saw.

Knew that Andrea or Carol would die.

7. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

yeah i don't get the governor thing either...how do they work him back in anyways? he shot on his own people...so presumably hes now alone...he going to get another crew? seek revenge?

don't get it.

8. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Surely he will come back with a tank in the first episode next season, rite?

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I doubt it. The Governor will be back, but not right away. After killing many of his own followers, the Governor is pretty powerless right now. It's just him, Martinez, and the black guy. He failed with a much larger group. He can't take on Rick and Co. with just 3 and he knows it. He's going to go off and regroup for a while while our group faces another threat. When he does reappear, he'll have a stronger army behind him. People with a real taste for blood and not p***y town folk with guns shoved in their hands. Like they mentioned in the episode, you need people around you in order to survive. The Governor has lost almost everyone that helped give him his strength. He's not much of a threat right now, but will become one again later.

This is also why Woodbury is an option. If Rick wants it, the Governor doesn't have enough power to take it back. If the Governor were planning on attacking, he could attack the prison as easily as he could Woodbury. But he's not going to because he doesn't have the manpower.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They deviated from the comic dramatically with this season finale. Andrea is still living in the comics. The attack on the prisons was much more bloody for the prison group. What happens with the The Gov. still could happen, they have just dragged it out. Also, he never slaughtered his own people like that.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm rewatching the finale. Why idk. But Tyreese never says I've gotta check something. He says I got this and I'm assuming goes back to his post.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Right. I am not challenging the "rule".... Just thought it was strange that we haven't seen it take place on the show.

13. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I never read the comic book but I think next season a even scarier character called Negan is going to be the main protagonist.

14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

At the rate they are moving it will probably be season 8 before Negan comes around.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Definitely can understand now why Rick would bring the survivors back to the prison. Know telling what kind of booby traps and security devices the Governor has in place and how many secret passages he has installed. That's his turf and I imagine Rick would feel a lot more comfortable protecting everyone in a place where he knows the weak/strong points. I would hope at least they went back to raid the place.

The problem with Carl is this: There definitely are grains of truth to his argument but his logic is a little off and too black and white. Andrew had nothing to do with Lori's death. They made it pretty clear before that incident that Lori would most likely need a cesarean, and without proper medical equipment, could very well die. Yeah ok Hershel wasn't there to perform the surgery. But he's not a doctor and certainly not a surgeon. Even if he was, again they lack the proper equipment to do it safely. And if he was pissed about that, he NEVER showed any signs until that point. Then the Governor. Glenn made a good argument to Merle that even if they killed the Governor, they would still have to do deal with his henchmen. And rick going in to that meeting killing him cold blood would certainly turn him into a martyr and risk the lives of the entire group. Hell I kept calling for him to do it too, but the situation was a bit more complicated than that. And the walker Carl didn't kill...if he wasn't acting like an immature, cocky pos and didn't wander off property in the first place, that zombie would probably still be stuck in the mud.

Carl DID NOT shoot that kid in self defense. That's only the argument he used, and when Rick called him on it, he didn't fight him. He shot that kid to prove he was a man, that he belonged. Remember he got pissed at Rick earlier in the episode when he made him stay with Hershel and the girls. That kid did not pose a threat to him with two guns aimed at him. Just like the other citizens of Woodbury, he was scared and fleeing. Yeah he didn't put down his gun down right away, but Carl didn't give him firm warnings that he will shoot him if he doesn't put it down. And look at Carl's face. That wasn't the face of someone forced to kill a human being for the first time (and not his mother who was already dead). That was the face of a person looking to kill a person to prove his worth.

And then the GTFO outa here moment to Rick and his pissed off look when he brought the survivors back...yeah this was the gun-happy, annoying, immature Carl from season 2. And if the writers were angling for something entirely different, they did a piss poor job. I really don't have a problem with how they handled Carl, I just would like to see him put in his place a bit. He may have to grow up fast in this world, but he's still a kid, and still got a lot to learn. Look back to the Clear episode. He would have gotten torn to pieces by those zombies if Michonne hadn't insisted on coming.

Interesting though that he brought all those survivors back but didn't stop to help the hitchhiker...course at that time Rick was still in crazy town.

#1615 JunkyardDwg, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  16. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

i wonder whos going to bang karen..

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I was pretty disappointed with the season finale. Felt like it was dragged on....and quite anticlimactic given the episodes leading up to it.

AT least game of thrones is back on and I need to catch up in Spartacus.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's see...

The governor killed everyone in his group except the two henchmen and the one girl who survived by luck.

The same girl that is now with Rick and told him that he has killed everyone. Unless the girl is r****ded, she can do the math that only two others made it with the governor.

So now she is back at Woodbury with Rick. She knows Tyrese and the girl stayed back to take care of the rest of the people at Woodbury.

Everyone is accounted for EXCEPT the governor and his two henchmen AND that everyone is now WITH Rick and yet he decides to take everyone to the prison where the supplies are limited.

Brilliant!!

If anything he should have completely scouted Woodbury while governor was out. If e played it smart, the governor gets neither the prison, nor Woodbury. You get a chance at the enemy base, especially with the numbers heavily on Rick's side, you take it. No ifs, no buts. You give Woodbury back to the governor and you have given him a chance to regroup.

I am sure they could have handled three friggin people if they deicded to return. They were ready to battle two truckloads of them initially for crying out loud......

Like I said. Dumb.

I will give you more logical reason as to why Rick did what he did. They need to drag the governor thing for one more season.

Suckers.

#1618 Zboy, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  19. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Flash21, check your email, I just sent you the info.

Stop it!!! Your comments are too reasonable. ;) Agree with everything you said.

Also, there is something I want to comment about Carl from the comic book.
    They established him as a cold hearted killer when he killed the kid who went looney and kills his own little brother. Nobody wanted to do anything about it except to lock up the looney kid. Carl killed the kid because he thought/knows that is what everyone wanted. I think Kirkman and other writers wanted to keep that dark side of Carl in this series as well.

Karen was never in the clique. She doesn't know everything. This includes weapons & traps that maybe in place to slaughter everyone there. How do they know if the Governor hadn't wired bombs throughout the community and that it was just a simple activating of the detonator (Give me my detonator!) to blow up the whole place?

Had it been the main henchman who escaped, then that maybe a different story because he "may" know these things. But, I wouldn't trust the crazy Governor to share everything with anyone.

20. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

One thing that kind of bothered me with the taking in of the Woodbury people is the fact that these were the same people who were "entertained" by the arena fighting with the zombie. Andrea called them out and thought that it was sick to enjoy that. Are Rick's people really that safe with these "sickos"?