1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 25, 2012.

1. So Good

So Good Member

That was so anticlimactic...What a disappointing finale.

I was expecting many more characters getting axed...I thought either Maggie and/or Glenn were going to bite it.

2. 713

713 Member

Obama

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Forgot a couple of minor asides:

-I would have been upset if Andrea made it out alive. I considered her Dead Woman Walking the past 4 episodes. I expected Milton to bite it as well, but thought he was going to turn the tide against the Governor. It was FAR too drawn out, but I did like the way they killed them off.

-I also had decent deadpool cash on Beth, going by my "weakest actors first" theory. Glenn being the only asian anywhere pretty much grants him eternal immunity on TV.

-I did enjoy the misdirection earlier this season. Laid the groundwork for Axl being a serial rapist (/murderer)...gets Carol's guard down with the muscle MIA...and BLAM.

-Micchone by herself >>> farm. But the Sophia reveal remains a top 3 moment on the show, IMO.

"Jericho with Zombies"
    -->Well, that isn't a horrible call. Both share a lot of similarities, down to a narrowly confined post-apocalypse world perspective. Thankfully, Dead has WAY less soap opera waste of time junk gumming up the show. Jericho could have been really good with slightly better vision/execution. But yes, the my town vs your mean town storyline can't be a show's lifeblood.

4. droopy421

droopy421 Member

It definitely does, a man named Negan in the current arc of the comics. Both him and the Governor are quite crazy. I would say Negan is far and away more sociopathic than the Governor.

5. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I really don't think he will be in the main storyline for next season. I think he will be like Merle, back when we are lease expecting.
    The comic spoiler
    The governor is dead along with all the people at Woodbury in the comic.

I think you are expecting too much from your fellow civilians. I think the governor played on their emotion and saying things like "we out # them". But when you are trapped in a corridor and hearing gun fire, you run. I guess I don't have much faith from our average citizens. Do you remember what Glenn said in season 1 (I think ep2) when he had to go down the sewer? He didn't want anyone to go with him because he was afraid they will panic and block his way out. This is similar to how it would play out, except it wasn't zombies coming, but their enemy with guns.

Hmm... I definitely missed that. Thanks for the explanation.

Yes, he is part of the current plot line. He is ruthless and smart. Don't want to spoil it, but he does something to one of our main characters.

6. emjohn

Weird thing for me - I'm sure it's "true"....but we've yet to see a bitten person turn on the show. Killed and turned, yes. Implied to have been bitten (Penny), yes. But anyone bitten gets mercy killed or left (Jim) before we see it happen. Just strikes me as odd.

7. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

The only thing better than LOF-LOH b****ing after every game is listening to fans ALWAYS complaining about the walking dead after every episode. I guess I'm one of the few who liked this season and finale.

8. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

After surviving the farm, I didn't think Beth would bite it that soon because he is Carl's only "playmate". I think she will play a bigger part next season as the "voice of reason" for Carl when he comes into blow with Rick.

Amy, I think that was her name (Andrea's sister), turned before Andrea shoots her.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

Andrea's sister from season 1. I think her name is Emily? Dont remember.

10. blink

blink Contributing Member

shane wouldve destroyed governor... rick is a vagina. shane would at least have convinced andrea to shoot the dude

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Maybe I am. Ah well, I still love the show and don't b**** about every little thing like most. Truth is, we can all agree that this finale was pretty lackluster.

Spill it! I'm weird, I like spoilers for some reason. I guess it gives me something to expect.

Also, do you guys buy these comics online? I was put on the show from a coworker of mine, plus the marathon was running before the SB so I thought hell why not, will help past the time between the morning and the Super Bowl. So I didn't know until stumbling upon this thread that it was based on the comics.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yep, Amy. I was thinking the whole time Andrea was dying she probably could have said something like, finally I'll be reunited with Amy, instead she used the "I know how the safety works" line that she pulled on Rick in S1.

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

You can read all the walking dead comics on youtube. Some guy(thewalkingdead08) uploaded all the issues. It's awesome.

Heres the first issue to start you off with ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XTLt8cVbtMM?list=PLhDTF3-l-9ZRWPMR80m_JB_k0P6Fp4z1B" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  14. emjohn

That's right - but Amy died. She was dead all night before coming back. Unlike Jim, who got a bite and developed the fever like Andrea did.

I say this not knowing....was that the first hint that if you die, you turn? Because when I posed the question, I was thinking about the folks that get infected with non-fatal wounds like Andrea or Jim. I don't think Amy qualifies in that regard (bled out and died during the attack).

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Enjoy the show and don't like nitpicking it apart to the degree that many here seem to do. But I did notice during the marathon showing that in the first episodes the walkers were able to run. Now they are classic shamblers. Not sure if this was a change in the script or a result of them deteriorating. Any insights?

16. emjohn

There's been implied and openly spoken decisions to demonstrate that the zombies are decomposing over time. Their skulls are barely solid at this point. "Fresh" zombies can still come after you full speed, depending on how they died.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Noticed that too.

It seems to me they just run/jog when the directors sees fit.

For example while Shane and Otis were picking up the equipment to save Carl's life (already into S2) they were mostly jogging and lunging at them thru the school hallways and before they even entered the school.

But then when they have the others like the farm scenes or are where they are chasing one person like Andrea thru the woods before Mishonne finds her they slow down for them.

Just a guess, who knows the real reason.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, they've established that being bitten doesn't turn you. The bite will kill you though once that bacteria gets in the bloodstream. Nobody goes straight to zombie without dying.

Edit: To save Hershel they had to cut his leg off to keep infection from spreading. On someone bitten at the neck, you can't really cut anything off to save them.

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Who is Andrew? Carl said that Andrew killed Lori... ??? Didn't she die from childbirth?

20. BeardlyBeardman

Prisoner that Rick locks out of the prison, who then comes back and starts the generators and gets the group seperated. I think Carl's thinking if Herschel was able to do the c-section then maybe she lives.