1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 25, 2012.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

"I tried."

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Well she should have tried a bit harder to get those pliers . Also when she was blowin the governor , she should have been blowing his brains out . Poor effort over all . Did not try .

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I think that's why Rick's "You did" came off more like "No, you really didn't, but whatever. You're about to die anyway, so f--k it."

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

No, he was in charge for the whole season. He wrote this episode and was running things when it was filmed. He left/got fired after the season wrapped.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-farewell-430517

5. Oski2005

I was annoyed with Andrea, still sad to see her go because she really is a phenomenal character in the comics. In a way, Daryl kind of fills her role in the show. In the comics, Andrea becomes a really good scout/sniper. She's also much younger in the comics.

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Damn, gotta wait till October now!

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

RIP. Never forget <3
    [​IMG]

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

Mazzara wrote some of the best episodes of season 2 up to season 3. AMC read the scripts he wrote, let him film them, then didn't like them? I don't quite get it. Kurt Sutter from Sons of Anarchy has come out and said that Kirkman interfered with Mazzara running the show and when Mazzara didn't like it, Kirkman got him fired. Kirkman's episodes have been some of the most lackluster, as well.

9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The writers certainly did. Poor guy was lucky to get a line an episode.

10. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I think the writers wanted to concentrate on these points in the episode:
    * The governor is one crazy sob and he will be a super villain. By him gunning down all his people, they
    1) avoided Rick's group having to have any blood on their hands. Especially when they have to take in these people at the end. You don't want them to be the ones killing a relative or two and causing someone to take revenge.​
    2) let the community realize they cannot trust him anymore and that they must leave. More on this point later.​

* They need a shocker to end the season.
    I think the killing of Andrea was a shocker for the comic fans to show that "You really should continue watching this show because you never know what you get." Was the decision good or bad is debatable. I haven't read through this whole thread (will later), but it seems many here have grown tired of her, so maybe getting rid of her was a good decision after all by the writers. I was never that attached to the character in the comic, so I wasn't that sad to see her gone, but I must admit, I was surprised.
    I think they will kill her off in the comic soon because she is too close to Rick now. Other than Carl, no one that close to him will ever last long, imho.

* They need another person to butt head with Rick.
    Hence, we have Carl, aka Shane Jr. Everyone in the prison pretty much listen to Rick and will be more difficult to have him/her suddenly go against him because their beliefs align with his. Even when Herschel doesn't agree with Rick, he goes along with his decisions. Carl, being a young kid who thinks he is bad @ss because he has a gun is a good candidate to be molded into whatever the writer wants. I don't really like this character in the comic, so I won't be sad to see him gone from the TV show if that happens.​

Some other random thoughts.

Why they need to take in these people at the end? 1) You need zombie fodders. 2) When the **** hit the fan again, it will be that much more frantic to see that many people having to run away.

Why they choose to stay at the prison? They are more familiar with the area than the community. They don't have time to try to understand the whole layout of the community without worrying when the Governor will come back to take out everyone there.

Why they need that last 5 minutes of drama with Andrea. They need drama for the female audience. Sorry, not trying to be sexist, but I think most woman (including my wife) wouldn't have watch this show if it wasn't for the drama. This ending is really not much different than the Merle one, except Merle went out with guns blazing. For what she was trying to accomplish, which is to avoid blood shed from both parties, she should be commended.

Many here complained about the "stupid b!tch waited too long to un-cuff herself." The fact is, they weren't going to let her live, so regardless of how fast she can unchain herself, she wasn't going to make it. She stopped to talk to Milton so that the audience can concentrate on the dialogue. She stop to observe Milton was used to build tension. The Tyreese speech about "I need to check on something" was there to misled us into thinking that he will save Andrea.

Overall, this episode was a little disappointing, but I won't stop watching the show because of it.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I kind of like Carl killing that kid then explaining why he did it. His reasoning was on point. It wasn't morally just but the audience can understand why he acted out like that. It even helps you understand the Governor's mindset. You get tired of seeing the ones you love die. You become the villain or people die.

Carl is growing up in a crazy world. Maybe he'll be the next Governor someday.

My main gripe with season 3 in general was the lack of building up hatred for the Governor. I never understood why Michonne hated him so much before confirming he was evil. Anyways, they're letting his character emerge slowly, it'll payoff better this way if they do it right. Slow playing it is fine, just hope it pays off the way it should.

12. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

The ending was blah. :(

What's going to happen next??? Last year, we were left with the prison in the skyline. Nothing this time.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think they know for sure at this point.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly. I don't think anyone actually was killed at the prison. Someone threw some flash grenades and smoked up the passage way, then everybody ran. NO shots fired or anything until the "fight" was taken outside. That's why I didn't understand why the Woodbury folk were calling it a slaughter.

Now what the Governer pulled was a slaughter. I understand the Governer and his two goons took off but why wouldn't they end up going back to Woodbury next season? Like everyone said all these lead up to the "battle" pretty much tailed off into nothing more than an altercation.

As far as Carl going on to kill that boy I agree with Carl. The kid was unpredictable and he really wasn't dropping the gun. I like the direction his character is going in, not really cocky just wants to make sure his people don't become the casualty of another mercy cry from some stranger that is already going into battle with his group.

Regardless this episode was super underwhelming.... basically Glenn and Maggie held off 20+ people with military assault rifles and grenade launchers... WTF??? I understand they're not soldiers but as soon as the **** got tough they got going... stupid.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lori's cross....??? :confused:

16. Oski2005

Remember how they got to Woodbury in the first place? They were taken against their will. Then, she inspected the army trucks and knew that they had killed the soldiers.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tried getting into this show. They should just play a zombie killing demo reel. The acting and writing are legitimately awful. Like, really bad.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, there was nothing hostile about it. If I was in her shoes I would have kissed the Governors feet and begged to stay and live there.

One thing I liked about the finale - we assumed the prison group was packing and hitting the road. That Carl was upset about having to leave and not fight. I honestly thought they left the prison boobie trapped, and that's why they invested 8 minutes of footage of the Woodbury group investigating the prison. Then you realize the prison group stayed to fight. It was either a decent setup or I just missed something and wasn't aware the prison group stayed to fight.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Pretty much like everybody else it I thought it was pretty underwhelming. Only idea I have is that we got this season as the rise of the Govenor, next season he'll be closer to his comic counterpart. Or at least that's what I hope.

The logic of everything that happened in the finale is just a mess.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm going to miss Andrea. Since they spent a lot of time following her story in the show, one of these other bland characters is going to have to step up and start acting versus just being along for the ride. I'm assuming Tyrese is going to get a lot more attention now. And, maybe they are setting up this character who survived the Governor's elimination to have a role? It would be fitting if she actually kills the Governor down the road imo as the sole survivor (the way they shot the Governor making sure everyone he gunned down was dead and then ran out of ammo thinking about whether he should reload to continue shooting the bodies on the ground or just leave implies this is a mistake on his part which will have repurcussions down the road). Certainly, the retirement home folks they brought in are just background fodder for the most part who are just there as they add no value really other than what appears to be homemaking, aka the expendable ones. It will be interesting to see if any of these "townsfolk" step up for more than a single line spoken here or there.

As far as Andrea's death, I was thinking the whole time there is no way Andrea gets out of this...especially after Glenn had a similar scenario tied to a wooden chair with rope. To have her get out of that was just unrealistic. I'm still not even sure how she managed to get out of that chair. I don't understand how pliers help you when you are handcuffed. What was she plier-ing? And, the time wasted on conversation with the dying guy was absolutely ridiculous and nowhere near what someone would actually do in that situation. lol

It seems rather obvious the Governor and his two henchmen are going to go into rebuilding mode and be back at some point. What was surprising was how they seemed to just abandon Woodbury. Where did they go? They pulled a disappearing act. I don't appreciate the Houdini act just because the show is out of time.

The finale was kind of a letdown imo. The battle was a joke. Andrea's attempt at escape was a joke. Everyone being so afraid to kill the Governor when he is acting like a Nazi is a joke. All those setup episodes for that finale? I'm glad we get a break now. They need to work on their writing.