1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets go after Amare Stoudemire?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Road Rash, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

Apparantly he is available for the right price. Rockets management doesn't want to part with long-term plans -- such as Shane Battier, Carl Landry, Luis Scola or Kyle Lowry, UNLESS it's for a franchise player.

I think we should try hard to bring him here. Tmac's expiring + any reasonable combo as long as we don't inherit too much baggage with a deal.

I'm not going to go into full detail, but the man is definitely a franchise player and I think in the last few weeks he's gotten his real explosiveness back, and he's still only barely 27 years old.

If a mod could turn this into a poll, that would be great.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

NOPE.

1 person likes this.
  3. worzel gummidge

No, No, and NO!

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

no, unless he picks up his option for next year.

5. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

I should have included this in the terms.

6. elindio23

elindio23 Member

eh, no

1 person likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Umm yes...if Cleveland gets him for Wally and Hickson?

We should have a better option than that. YES there is a chance he opts out next season...there is also a chance he helps this team RIGHT now and enjoys his time here and resigns.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Bingo!!! The key will be also picking up Barbosa or Richardson's deal and/or a young player/pick going to PHX.

9. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

No.

/thread

1 person likes this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

overpriced for 20-8 guy who is often injured and plays no defense.

pass.

1 person likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow lots of people want to easily pass up on a All-star Starter I see.

A PF that can shoot, dribble, and pass...and score with the best of them. Really Amare is the best player on the trading block by far also..

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Talent wise yes but he's expiring and he's had 4 surgeries.

If all the suns asked for was T-mac then Yeah but they are asking for the Moon.

you pass on a guy that wants Max money and isn't the leader of a contender.

we already made that mistake with T-mac.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hmm overwhelming no.

He appears to be the best option out there though I don't know if that's saying much. I also think most(including myself) that he is not a max player, and yes, his defense(or lack thereof) is a concern/problem.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4910377

It will be a steal for Cleveland if it does happen.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stole my words. :)

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well I agree, if it is for two starting players.

Tmac is nothing to us, we have to figure he will be involved, and if Cleveland is getting Amare for Hickson and Wally...that is just a downright steal. That is very low risk and pretty high reward.

I'm not worried about his defense though, no one on that team actually plays defense, and we have TOO many guys on this team that can only play defense and are at best average on offense. We need a guy like Amare...ANYONE that you can just give the ball to and score.

Right now. Thanks to Amare being a little baby (something you also have to worry about) they won't get much for him, everyone is worried he'd just opt out.

At the most maybe we'd give up Chase, Scola, or Battier along with Tmac...but we can certainly offer a better deal than what Cleveland can offer.

16. choujie

choujie Member

Wasn't it reported Head offered Beasley, JO's huge expiring contract and 1st round pick for Amare?

I don't know how Rockets can beat that offer with current collection of players without get into awkward situation.

17. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

This is kind of what i'm thinking too, we have a lot more to offer than the Cavs, plus, with our great role-players, he would most-likely love it here and play his heart out. I think he would play tremendous in Adelman's system.

He's had his share of injuries, but the man is not fragile or injury-prone. As of right now he looks about as good as he's ever, an athletic freak, who has also developed a very solid long-range jumper.

As for his defense, he's playing a lot better this year defending the paint and playing very solid 1 on 1 defense challenging/changing shots without picking up fouls. His weak-side defense is among the best in the NBA.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, can't match that if the Heat offered that. Then the Cavs and Rox would prbly both look to Iggy.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavs are after 1.Stoudemire, 2.Murphy and 2a. Jamison. Iggy maybe on the backburner.

As for Houston and Iggy, well check out the Philly Inquirer thread. :)

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He never gets credit for that either.

We have enough defensive guys. Ariza, Battier, Hayes, even Lowry is strong on defense. I don't see Amare coming in and just making our defense horrible or something.

Plus I think him and Yao would work out better than most expect. They both can step out and shoot, Adelman loves versatile big men and Amare is the closest thing you will find next to Bosh.