1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets go after Amare Stoudemire?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Road Rash, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Francis 4 ever

Del Curry MADE Stephen Curry

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

:grin:

3. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

We should steal Amare from the Cavs the same way the Mavs stole Butler from us! :grin:

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Haha...try not to be too literal.

P.S. Rafer Alston MADE Yao Ming

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

how do you lose games you've already won?

The nets won't get close to sniffing 20 wins.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is foolish. Amare puts up the same frackken numbers without Nash.

I swear some of you must have NEVER seen the guy play. He's as good a face up four as Bosh, Jefferson, and whoever else in the NBA...If not the best Face up Power forward in the NBA right now. That's why he's a 5x All-star.

I hate when people don't give credit where it is due, how about this? How many Assist would Nash have without Amare? NO ONE is saying that are they?

You are what you are, no one wants Amare because of his attitude and because of his supposed work ethic and also the possibility that he's just a rental.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys are missing the point, I am not saying Amare sucks, I am saying Nash makes him appear better than he really is....

It is astonishing to see how little people can think sometimes...

DD

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

EXACTLY.

Although he had the numbers, and anyone that has seen him play know he had the skills. Sometimes player lose hope in winning, thats what happened to Pau. Just going through the motions, then you put him on a team that has a shot to win...and next you know people are saying he's maybe the best PF in the game right now.

Amare knows the Suns aren't going to win this year, so does Nash. GO BACK to the years they had a shot, they both were putting up phenomenal numbers then and both were outstanding players then. Nash still so because he's just one of those guys who goes out and gives his best night in and night out.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

lol!!! As good as Bosh or Jefferson?

Half of his points come from Nash pick and rolls. If you watched the games.

He is so lazy on Defense. You need to watch more Bosh and Jefferson before you disrespect them like that.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It won't matter, because if he goes to the Cavs he's going to make all those other that think that look foolish.

You watch him play, Nash isn't making his shots for him, or his finishing around the rim. Amare makes Nash's game easier also. Nash would tell you that.

Just look at Chris Paul. He STILL is the best point guard in the NBA, but if you take away all of his weapons...he's barely making the All-star game and people are forgetting about him. Good players make each other better.

You put Landry on the Suns, I doubt he has the impact Amare has had. Landry is a good player, but cmon he's no Stoudamire. That isn't even close right now.

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He may be overrated, but he is not going to be exposed once he leaves the team. Amare is a rare talent offensively. He can shoot the mid range shot very effectively, and can finish inside with the best of them. In my honest opinion, one of the more polished big man in the league. (FG % of 55+)

In all, Amare would be a big time piece in Cleveland and if Amare and LeBron commit long-term, expect a dynasty.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Uh huh, yeah, right. Because using this lazy "_____ made _____" argument requires a ton of thought.

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Joe Johnson is not coming here in my honest opinion. Why would a player want to leave Atlanta with such a great young core that are only going to develop to a team where their best player is in doubt to be healthy.

We need to trade McGrady for something..

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Jefferson skill-wise is better than both. But you misread my post, I said 'FACE-Up' He is probably the best in the NBA at that.

Amare facing up any PF in the NBA, he can shoot, and he can drive from that position. Coming off pick and rolls have nothing to do with it, it's a basic play. That's like saying "Wes Welker isn't good, all he does is receive screen passes!"

Guess what, you ain't never going to stop Kobe and Pau on a pick and roll play. That doesn't make them any less better than they are.

Bosh isn't no better on defense either, and neither is Big Al. The BIGGEST liability on defense on the Suns is and always has been Steve Nash. Your Point guard being a good defender has as large a impact on team defense as your Center being a good defender. Nash has a lot to do with that team being horrible defense wise.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Philly making a late push for him. Though depends on if they include Iggy.

WojYahooNBA

To be clear, there's no deal for Suns with Philly unless Iguodala is involved. So far, Philly hasn't been willing to include him.
    2 minutes ago from web
    Reply Retweet

WojYahooNBA
    League source involved in Amar'e talks says he would be "shocked" if Miami could deliver through a third team the young talent Suns want.
    3 minutes ago from web

WojYahooNBA
    Suns waiting on Philly to tell them whether Andre Igoudala will be included with Sam Dalembert for Stoudemire-Barbosa package, sources say.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No because saying someone is overated, does not mean that they suck.

SHEESH !

There are tons of things to consider about Amare, crap attitude, microfracture repaired knees, chemistry killer, belief that he should be paid the max.

The dude is good but to me he is a star player, not a superstar player.

DD

17. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

No way to Amar'e.

Doesn't hustle on D, would kill the chemistry, sure he is electrfying at times, but I just don't see how he would fit in with out long term plans.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Comparing Amar'e to Landry is not misguided, it is completely ignorant. Amar'e may not play great post defense, but Landry is just as incapable. Amar'e is worlds better as a weakside defender.

Amar'e, with bad attitude & multiple injuries and all, is still MUCH better talent than Carl Landry. I like Landry too, but this homerism is ridiculous.

Rockets, with Landry, are currently on the outside looking in on the playoffs. Amar'e makes the Rockets a legitimate contender in the playoffs, plus he would be a seamless transition to Adelman's up tempo system. PLUS Stoudemire brings what has been ailing the Rockets forever, a legitimate 4/5 who provides instant offense.

Amar'e is not perfect, wish he had Iguodala's work ethic and attitude too, but if he did he would not be available.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thank you. Thats what started me up, the comparison to Landry. Plus I like our chances with Yao and Amare and Brooks. At least that is a trio.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

When did he say that he didnt want to go to Houston? Can u give me a link or something?