1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets go after Amare Stoudemire?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Road Rash, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It would be interesting to see him play for the rockets, but I have concerns. Phoenix has both Stoudemire and Nash and they still can't get it done. That team should be much better than it is. I don't want the Rockets to become all offense and no defense. I think I would pass if we had to give up anything other than T-Mac and scrubs.

1 person likes this.
  2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I know their was the rumor today about the Cavs/Amar'e but I also heard they were VERY close to a deal for Murphy. If Murphy goes through then who is left for Iggy and Amar'e...

Houston
    Boston
    Miami

The good stuff is just beginning! :grin:

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Amare to Cleveland screams Stern orchestrating a ring for Lebron.

Can we beat Miami's offer of J O'neal, Beasley and 1st round pick?

We can get close: Tmac, Landry and Buddinger.

I'm not saying we should do it, but we could get in on this if we wanted.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree. Hickson and Wally for Amare? Phx can do MUCH better than that for Amare, I don't want to hear BS about GMs being friends. Ferry and Kerr or friends...it seems the best skill to have as a GM is a 'friend' whose willing to help your team get a ring.

Miami seems to have the best offer out there for Amare, and Philly 2nd best if they are willing to risk taking Amare as a rental...that Cleveland deal is a robbery.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Depends on if Amar'e and Iggy are being moved. They may not be moved. If we wanted Iggy, we should have struck early. They want everyone and their mother for Iggy and Dalembert now. And I just think that that ship has sailed between Houston and Philly and getting a deal done. As for Stoudemire, I hear that he won't be moved, but that may be just talk. And from Justice and Clutch(some time back) that the Rockets aren't really interested in him like they were last year. Justice just said this week that he isn't really on their radar. Again, all talk, all rumor, all speculation.

Though when all said is done, I still think it will be either an under the radar move that isnt hot or popular or a name that was never really discussed.

6. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Yeah we should offer scola, Taylor, battier plus a pick. ONLY if it's a sign and deal trade though. Then we T-Mac for Josh Howard (if he really did go to D.C.) and mike miller.

Our would be line up:

AB/ Lowry
    Howard/ C-Bud
    Ariza/ Miller
    STAT/Landry
    Yao/ Chuck wagon/ Andersen

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You'd be the only fool who would WANT Howard as a player. He sucks Donkey ****.

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

For the money I would rather have David Lee.

1 person likes this.
  9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of the Iggy speculation especially come the 17th and 18th but also warming to the Andris Biedrins idea and intrigued but what else comes along.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, horrible player. A player I'd rather let Tmac just expire with us than trade him for that guy.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'd take Amare, personally. I know this sounds odd, but I feel his offense is very underrated. And he can really help us get quality possessions in both the half court and transition next year.

The whole "extension" thing immaterial, IMO. Amare will want the most money. By obtaining him, the Rockets can match or one-up any offer. If Les and Morey are willing to pay him, they'll get him.

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Amar (comma to the top) E is garbage for myriad reasons. This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads. For your entertainment pleasure, I submit to you: lady's figure skating.

/thread.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQ5YXzn2bqo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UQ5YXzn2bqo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

36-11....

The other game against us he tore us up also. If he came to this team right now, he'd be the best player on the team.

14. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Tmac,
    Scola or any other player the suns might like,
    Draft pick
    For
    Amare
    I would do this if amare decides to resign here

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

The seven footer being fed by one of the best point guards of all time made a big score against our 6'6"-6'8" role players? Oh noeeeees! We must to trade everything for him then! He will save us until March! Gold star.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Which is why he averages over 20 points and nearly 10 boards right? Why he has done this for his entire career consistently, and also has big scoring nights occasionally...Yes this truly sounds like a 'garbage' player :rolleyes:

17. LifeisButaDream

Do you think landry would be that good if nash feed him the ball?I don't.Nash can be the best passer ever.but it wouldn't matter if amare didn't finish would it.

18. towW

towW Member

It's tempting but...
    can't remember who said it.

19. plates300

plates300 Member

Amar'e should be a 20 and 10 guy every night and he's not. Some games he will take off and others he will do good in. A couple of weeks ago, he had a 1 rebound game going into the 4th quarter and got benched. that kind of mentality is not deserving of a max contract. is his production overvalued because nash is setting him up for all his easy baskets? no thanks to amar'e.

1 person likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I do think Landry would avg. 20ppg with Nash seeking him. Believe it or not Nash is that good.