1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets go after Amare Stoudemire?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Road Rash, Feb 12, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Checked that Hickson + Z for Stoudemire in the trade machine, it don't work. Cleveland will have to add another small salary guy such as Danny Green(making ~450k)

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I wouldn't hesitate to give T-Mac and Scola for him. I'd do it without hesitation.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

4. LifeisButaDream

The rich get stronger and the cheap get weaker.

5. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Sources: Hickson, Ilgauskas to SunsComment Email Print Share By Chris Broussard
    ESPN The Magazine
    Archive
    The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

Stoudemire

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big men.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Cleveland believes the addition of Stoudemire would all but seal LeBron James' re-signing with the team when he becomes a free agent this summer. The Cavaliers are also prepared to sign Stoudemire, who has one year and $17 million remaining on his contract, to a long-term contract extension once the season ends.

The Suns would likely waive Ilgauskas, a move that would allow him to be re-signed by Cleveland after 30 days.

Cleveland is also talking with Washington about acquiring Antawn Jamison, as well as Indiana about Troy Murphy. Meanwhile, Golden State is trying to entice the Cavs into taking Corey Maggette for Ilgauskas.

:mad: well gues this is out the question

6. LifeisButaDream

You got to spend to win in this league.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If Amare goes to the Cavs, don't expect the Rockets to get a title in these next 4-5 years. Cavaliers will just be too good and its real sad, that lineup is scary.... PG Mo Williams SG Jason Richardson SF LeBron PF Amare C Shaq

LeBron will make it work...

8. LifeisButaDream

This is gasol pt2

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ferry knows the cavs have to win this season if they want to make sure lebron stays in cleveland for the rest of his career. and this is a great move.

i'm interested to see how shaq-amare will work the 2nd time around, but with lebron, i'm sure both will fall in line.

that's 3 stars we won't get this offseason: lebron, wade, and amare.

we better at least get joe johnson.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we will still have to see how amare-shaq will work (but yes, lebron seems to do everything right).

that lineup provides the height to match up with the magic, and the 3pt shooting to match up with any team. and now you add the lethal pick and roll (a play lebron runs a ton) with amare. if they all play together, they should win the whole thing. but rings aren't won on paper.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If Les is willing to likely pay the luxury tax and all Phoenix REALLY wants for him is some asstastic package of fricken J.J. Hickson and the rights to buyout Big Z, then sure....consider me interested. Amare has his flaws but we desperately need more offense on our first unit and a Brooks/Amare PnR has the potential to be completely unstoppable. Sure, Brooks is no Steve Nash but let's just not lose sight of the fact that an effective screener/finisher is every bit as important in building an effective PnR. You make a trade like this and I guarantee you Battier and Ariza are going to start looking a lot better offensively.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you put Carl Landry on the Suns he would have the same numbers or higher playing in Amare's spot.

Steve Nash has MADE Amare a star...he will not do nearly as well without him.

O
    V
    E
    R

R
    A
    T
    E
    D

DD

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the one time I can actually agree with DD.

14. Francis 4 ever

"The count as of February 3rd was 171 of Steve Nash's dimes are on Amare Stoudemire baskets, or in my mind 171 of Amare baskets are courtesy of Steve Nash."

The next closest in the league is Dirk Nowitzki, who has made 134 baskets that were assisted by his point guard Jason Kidd.

I'm sure any team would want dirk regardless of their PG situation. Sure Marion (even though he was never as healthy as he was a sun) dropped off pretty drastically. There are also people like Joe Johnson who thrived without nash.

I wouldn't be as willing as you are to say all his talent is because of nash.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

You mean he'll get exposed like Shawn Marion? ;) Marion certainly nothing special after leaving Phoenix. Has instead bounced around.

16. LifeisButaDream

Have you ever heard of king james the point forward that passes like nash.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually they are much different in how they pass etc....I am sure James will help Amare, but not as much as Nash...James looks to score, and pass, whereas Nash looks to pass more often.

DD

18. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

The guy has made it be known that he wouldn't sign an extension with us and doesn't like it here. So what is the point in trading an asset or two with McGrady for a 1/2 year rental that almost "hates" Houston?

pass

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This whole "This guy MADE that guy" argument is lazy and foolish.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People hated on pau too. The rockets need to go for the john wall sweepstakes as they have no chance if this happens.