1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Hornets, Lakers, want to revive the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Vnilla_Gorilla

Based on all the various reports out there, it looks like this is still going to get done, possibly tomorrow. If I had to bet, I'd say the newly acquired J. O'neal is sent to the Lakers in exchange for a pick or two plus youth from LA. I can't come up with any other reason why NO would want O'neal.

The league actually put themselves in a bind - if Paul gets traded somewhere else, the NBA has an even worse scandal on their hands in which they are dictating where stars are sent. If they don't trade him, he walks and the "basketball reasons" explanation is exposed as a total sham.

My guess is a few more draft picks and/or young players are thrown in but the major components remain the same: Odom, Scola and Martin.

If this happens and we snag Gasol and Nene, I would be estatic. In my opinion, Gasol+Nene trumps the high offense/no defense combo of Scola+Martin every day of the week.

One dimensional offensive scores are much easier to come by than guys who can score and provide a defensive presence in the middle. Hence the reason why the center position is so desolate these days.

I will be happy if this goes down but still pretty frustrated that we lost Chuck due to the NBA's heavy handedness.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I just need to now asap what happens. I don't like all this circus.

3. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I love how all the fans here are excited about getting Pau Gasol when Morey is about to help LA get CP3 and Dwight.

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    ESPN sources: Hornets/Lakers/Rockets cautiously optimistic they'll have reworked CP3 trade to present to NBA perhaps as soon as Saturday

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Sry, if it has already been posted.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They are not getting Dwight.. Period..

Losing Gasol and Odom is more than enough to take them out of the conversation.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Don't agree... Patterson and Morris need minutes. Martin is harder to replace at this point. If the Rockets keeps Martin and add Gasol and Nene, coupled with Lowery, they could push for a top 3 seed...

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They could push for damn world domination.

8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

ChrisMannixSIChris Mannix

Rival executives expecting three-team deal to get worked out to meet NBA approval. "They are going to get there," texted a GM

http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI

He says we will chase after Nene as well if new deal goes through.

9. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Maybe Nene will take a little less money and allow us to sign Josh Howard, since they seem to be a package deal (At least according to Howard).

10. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I'm bookmarking this quote.

11. Vnilla_Gorilla

You can't worry about what the other teams get. If you did, you'd never make a significant trade. You have to give up good pieces to get them in return... can't expect every trade to be a steal.

The Lakers want Paul and Paul wants the Lakers so if we don't help facilitate while improving ourselves in the process, someone else will.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

why the hell can't we just keep K-Mart..why can't they take T-Will instead..COME ON

13. jackiespam

jackiespam Member

I think the nba will approve the trade if odom is taking off the deal and lakers will add at least one first round pick... houston may have to add hill or flynnn

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

Its all about money. If a deal saves Rockets the money and makes the team worse, it is good.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This time the deal will go through. A graceful way for Stern to back out of this awkward situation.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hope we're not the ones who have to send more players to NOH. I think we're giving up more than enough, as is. If the Lakers want Paul so bad, let them give up a draft pick or two as well.

17. thekad

thekad Member

Actually, we're giving up practically everything. And not getting the prize. Morey really is a wizard.

Of course, we'll be the ones giving up more.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242316

Paterson, Lee and a **** load of picks are added to the package that will be goin to New Orleans, the deal should be finalized and presented to the owners by day-light.

WTF i hope not

19. AFS

AFS Member

That's just a random person speculating...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can we forget about Josh Howard and focus on Dwight Howard