1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Hornets, Lakers, want to revive the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 9, 2011.

1. delishman

delishman Member

I like this trade BUT...

We either need to keep our young guns (Morris, Patterson, Donuts) or K-Mart.

We cannot give up both. (Later Scola)

Good boy for Nene not singing.

In a theoretical world where we keep K-Mart and sign Nene with Gasol and Lowry... we may not be elite elite but we are still nasty.

We keep the young guns I think we shop them for Iggy or Josh Smith.

2. comehere2

comehere2 Member

Morey went for broke here, for once, just once, i have to trust morey. God, please help us.

Wait for something big.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Man, if we could keep Martin, I'd be so happy about the trade.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Why do the Rockets give up their 2012 1st round pick ?? Take it back and let LA give NO and us a pick + send money to NO. I still do not like Gasol and many people will be dissapointed but if it's done, at least do it right Morey.

6. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

That will only solidify his argument even more.

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I think this trade is as short sighted as it can get. I can can see giving up Scola and Martin for Gasol, but giving up our 2012 pick and Drajic on top of that....we are overpaying for a dude that is way too old.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

9. Dei

Dei Member

I agree re only trading Scola and Martin. He'll, I think Scola + a good non-starter should already equal Gasol. I would like to get some picks in the far future, at least.

10. pacmania

pacmania Member

Sucks that Patterson is involved. I really think he has what it takes to be a special player in the near future. He also has shown flashes of becoming an exceptional shotblocker.

On another point, what are the chances of the league still nixing this reconfigured trade proposal? I say they have zero chance of nixing this trade since they already allowed the trade for West to the Celtics.

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

- The #Lakers have another asset coming with CP3, but I can't tell you who it is. But the deal is done.

It Also looks like Jermaine Oneal will be a # Laker as soon as he gets released from the #Hornets.

Breaking: The 3 way deal is a done deal. Deal will be announced tomorrow morning. Too late for a press conference tonight. # Lakers

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Just another undersized power forward used as an asset. He will amount to nothing in this league. This is why Morey drafts players who are "NBA ready". They're easy to trade.

13. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Where are you seeing this? I checked espn.com and they have no update that says any of this :confused:

I just hope we keep Patterson and Lee.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1142273

Fair to say don't count on it at all. Btw, the google machine is powerful - I just googled what he wrote their to find the source... But he should have definitely included a link.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Tweets from a Lakers insider, not sure about the reliability

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If Patterson and Lee are going, then Martin must be staying. If we are going with a 31 year old Gasol (with a lot of mileage), and potentially a 29 year old Nene, then we are in win now mode. We will need Martin's shooting to have the effective inside-out game McHale was hinting about.

I'm fine with trading all of the young assets (Patterson, Lee, Morris, Montiejunas, CBud, Chandler, 2009 draft bust collection, 2012 Knicks pick), if we keep Martin, Lowry, get Gasol and end up with one of the following: Nene, Scola or Odom. (One possibility is giving up the cap space and the dream of signing Nene to keep Martin and Scola, or keep Martin and get Odom.) If we have that core of four players, we can fill in around them with servicable role players. If we are not going to have cap space when the deal is done, we could even take back Ariza with our trade exception to allow New Orleans to dump salary and go young.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

+1

I'd give up Morris, Patterson, Lee, Flynn, Hill, Thabeet, Budinger, Williams, basically who ever if it means 4 of our 5 starters are Gasol, Nene, Martin, Lowry.

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

seems that we're very sure of getting Nene if the trade goes on again..lets all just wait and pray.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

And getting the best player on top of it. If I were DM I'd push for modifying the trade, we keep Kmart and give out Lee instead, and Lakers give 1 or 2 picks as compensation.

1) Lakers still save 40M and walk away with the best player in the deal
    2) We keep Kmart and Gasol and are back in "win now" mode
    3) NO gets a younger player and extra picks to help their rebuilding process

C'mon DM, when life gives you lemons make lemonade!