1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Hornets, Lakers, want to revive the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

!!

You're right..they were Gettin a whole new 5 starting players pretty much and a Pick....Gragic,K-Mart,Scola,Odom plus a pick.......just for 1 player...i don't kno that is a little to much....they all play like a all star and score like one don't they? they're stats and they only get better n better..

2. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

They don't save money for amnesty.. They have to pay the players, it just doesn't count against salary cap.

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

johnhollinger John Hollinger
    I'm baffled. David West deal would appear to kill the 3-way CP3 trade. Hornets can't take on any $ in West deal and still do CP trade.

4. NOH

NOH Member

Hollinger clueless. They could if they traded it to the Lakers as part of the deal.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm baffled that John Hollinger would say that. It fits right into the 3-way trade...

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah Dan Gilbert is an idiot. They will be using that 40 million they "saved" to sign Paul to a long term deal. So they really aren't saving 40 million with money to spend on other free agents.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

i hope this negotiation can be settled quickly..i don't want us to get stuck in this drama and doing nothing in the FA market..

8. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i hope it failed...

i meant, Gasol is an upgrade over Scola... but not at the expense of Martin+Dragic+NY's pick!!

why can't we deal with only Lakers or just the Hornets:

1.)
    Scola+Lowry+Tabeet for Gasol
    and then K-Mart for Danny Granger

or

2.)
    Scola+Lowry+Budinger+NY's pick for CP3
    and then K-Mart for Al Jefferson

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Remember that we have Martin for the next few years so unless we get a legit franchise player, he's not going to carry us to a championship.

Larry Bird is way too high on Granger to give him up, no way does he give up his best player unless Granger specifically asks to come to Houston.

The Jazz aren't going to just magically have the urge to send off their only quality 4/5, how would that help them? Okur is just coming back from a major injury and they don't have Carlos Boozer anymore.. They still have Paul Milsap and Devin Harris but why would they send a 20/10 guy for someone who can score but isn't a factor on DEFENSE?

Everyone's overrating Martin's value, he's a great player in terms of offensive efficiency, but he can't take over games enough to build around him as a main option. He's better served as a complimentary scorer to a superstar/franchise player.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

wrong thread

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Broussard says we don't give up AS MUCH, because NO doesn't want a lot on the payroll. I think Kevin Martin and/or Goran Dragic stays. Lakers will give up picks and probably take back a bad contract.

Also says this deal WILL happen this weekend

13. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

that would make this trade WAY better if that actually happens

14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Bit off topic, but shouldn't the Knicks offer Carmelo or amare in sign and trade for Chris Paul. CP wants to play with Chandler, they'd still have big 3, enough scoring and better defense, salaries can match with slight tweaks, and at least NO comes out with a real all-star signed long term.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Carmelo Anthony would end up in Houston so fast after that. NO please.

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

GTFO, we are not doing anything that would move Lowry.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Better to keep Scola instead of Martin......

DD

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Why? With Gasol, Patterson and even Morris, Martin would be missed more than Scola in this deal imo.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually we have depth at both of those spots...loads of it...

DD

20. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

!!!

Forsure Love Scola we got alto of PF and SG we need Kevin martin barely anyone we can get that can score like him Lowry/Martin/Gasol thats least 60 points already!!!! together. or more...I believe..