1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets, Hornets, Lakers, want to revive the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if getting rid of Martins contract is a BENEFIT then you got a point - personally, I bet if we used our amnesty clause on KM, his contract would get snapped up in a heartbeat... o/w the only other angles for us is giving up a cheap bu pg and a first rd draft pick...

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

yes that is the case if the trade stays the same and they give up no assets such as picks or take on any bad contracts.

I think they will make the Lakers do one of the two in order for this deal to work out. If they have to do one or the other if not both it will completely change the economics of what they have to work with.

3. lalala902102001

That's misleading. They must resign Paul and get another PF otherwise their frontline will suck big time with only the oft-injured Bynum. That is unless they somehow land Dwight.

4. diegot143

diegot143 Member

i think there is something big that ppl are willing to not see in this gasol trade. Gasol does not want to be here. He will not bleed rocket red and wont fight with the heart that the players we are trading have. Gasol might be a little better than Scola so scola and maybe a pick might make sense.. but scola martin dragic and picks is stupid. If they pull the Gasol trade then what they should do is deal off Gasol and tank and rebuild.... Your not going to build a champoinship team with a unhappy center who could not even get the job done with kobe and artest bynum and everyone else in that LA team.

1 person likes this.
  5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

basketball reasons.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The New Jersey Nets made a four-year, $60 million-$65 million contract offer to free-agent center Nene, aggressively pushing to steal him away from the Denver Nuggets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Nets general manager Billy King was presented the offer to Nene’s agent Dan Fegan on Friday. Nene could make a decision as soon as Friday night.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would help If New Orleans had some bad contracts to get out of, but they don't.

West/Okafor and Ariza would all greatly help the Lakers.

I don't see how the deal can be significantly changed.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. The true reason Gilbert is upset is he won't be making money off the lakers from the paying the luxury tax. Ok, not the only reason but a very clear one.

Me personally, I don't care what kinda of money the team is saving, I just want the players.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

u lakers fan?? lakers would get Cp3 and Ariza back (and get to keep odom) for our 3 good players?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I think it's pretty transparent that Gilbert is pissed that the Lakers aren't going to pay as much lux tax.

11. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I think this is a waste of time for the Rockets to be involved in. The only variation I can see the league approve is if the hornets get Pau and Odom some how. Rocjets are going to be left holding an empty bag again.

12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Jealous much Gilbert?!

13. rocketsmetalspd

IF the deal is to be approved by Stern, it must include young talent. It seems the NBA owners of the Hornets want more draft picks and younger players. I don't know who will be added or subtracted from the trade but I hope Scola ends up staying in the end.

14. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The problem is that Lakers don't have a prospect or pick better than Budinger so I really don't know how more picks and young players are going to be added without us doing most of the forking.

15. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

aggree. i hope scola stays. we need to get rid of the younger guys.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Thats is true but according to what I saw and heard on NBA tv segment the Hornets would rather have the the yound talent and picks to help rebuild the franchise and be able to find a buyer for the team. I just hope all this drama ends soon.

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This is a nothing trade, we need to get Oakafor and Ebanks in return. Plus we should get to keep Martin.

Scola+Flynn+T-Will+Hill+Thabeet for Gasol+Oakafor+Ebanks.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

kyle going to play 48 minutes a game?

19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Sure and Flynn will play 0... Why does it seem like no one knows we have this guy....

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

My mistake, I read right over the part of about the amnesty on Flynn.. I agree with you.. :grin: