1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Hornets, Lakers, want to revive the trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 9, 2011.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Give New Orleans youth (Lee/Patterson) instead of Kevin Martin.

Give the Lakers some extra salary in (Flynn/Terrence/Hill/Thabeet).

If the Lakers would take two of those guys, we can keep Martin and throw a near max at Nene...

Morey BETTER not give up Lee/Patterson without getting properly compensated, and I'm not sure a Lakers draftpick does it for me...

2. kaiziW

kaiziW Member

bad trader

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

oooyeeee, make sure u contact ebay asap to have that fool removed

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Funny if now the trade goes through and the one guy who is upset the most, Martin, would still be here. That's 2 players in Martin & Gasol who do not want to be here anymore...ow it's going to be a funy year:rolleyes:

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Apparently you believe that a team of Gasol, Nene, Martin, Lowry and whoever plus a weak bench is going to the NBA Finals. If you really do, you are insane.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Count me as insane too...

Not only would we go to the Finals, we would be favored If we got to play a team like the Mavs...

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Or we can just get the 14th pick...

but seriously, Boston and Miami had literally nothing on their rosters after signing their respective Big 3's. We would still have at least a couple of the young list I listed (I don't think NO has enough roster spots for them anyways), and the rest we can address mid-season after the CBA guys come back and we can sign them. The amnesty'd guys, Billups, Hamilton (bought out), could still come back.

8. 42zrO

42zrO Member

KEEP lowry and martin. trade whoever else. If we did the trade would we have money to match nenes offer from NJ

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Its either potential No.1 seed in the West or the 14th pick. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna get a bad case of 14thpick-itis which in case if you didn't know is the insane injection of mental dyslexia and hysterical explosion of throwing tomatos at your computer screen when your team gets the 14th pick for the 3rd season in a row.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing is guaranteed. LA with Paul and Bryant is not bad. We would probably be Top 3. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

11. jjc1

jjc1 Member

If we keep Martin, we need to send out enough salary to create the cap room to sign Nene. Martin makes $11.5 million. Morey can substitute Martin with Lee ($2m), PatPat(2m), Thabeet (5m), Twill(2.5m). Hornets can send Thabeet to lakers to make them pay for him this season. I hate to lose PatPat but keeping Martin will help us a lot on offense. We need an outside shooter who can also drive to the basket.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We need a wing that can play some form of D. Budinger/Martin combo is a huge hole that won't get past a 5 game series with anyone.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'm guessing we will be giving up Thabeet, Patterson, Lee, Scola, and Dragic, for Pau, Okafor, and NO 2012 2nd rd pick. Or Thabeet, Hill, Lee, Scola, Dragic, NY 2012 pick for Pau and Okafor. I would love the second option!

14. 42zrO

42zrO Member

spend the money... Nene is seriously underrated. He can give our team hope not only for this year but for years to come

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

People in Hell want Ice Water.......

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why doesn't Morey just Give up Scola, Martin, Dragic, Lee, Lowery, Patterson, Morris, and Chase for Pau and a bag of chips? They would remake the team and keep him feed during snack time!

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry to go back to the blocked trade, but the following is driving me nuts:

Outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who voted against the NBA's new labor deal, agreed with the league's reversal, saying it would have been hypocritical coming hours after the CBA was ratified.

Sometimes, I can't believe this guy had a successful business of any kind. This statement is just so completely wrong. The trade was completely legal within the new CBA. The *only* reason they could "give small-market teams the ability to keep" Paul was that the Hornets are in bizarro world ownership wise. His statement is just pure insanity. If the Hornets had a real owner, the trade would be done, and New Orleans would have done the smartest possible thing for their franchise.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Hill and Pat are not of equal trade value. But Jordan Hill with Chase Budinger could be, given Chase's young age, cheap contract and high production value. On the other hand if we give up Chase I would insist we keep our NY 2012 pick, with the Lakers providing their 2012 pick to N. Orleans in deal instead. Making the trade look like this:
    [rquoter]
    Los Angeles/ Houston/ N.Orleans Trade-

N.Orleans receives: Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic, Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet along with LA's 2012 1st rd pick and MINN 2012 2nd rd pick

Houston Receives: Pau Gasol

LA Lakers Receives: Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor[/rquoter]

We would still have enough talent left to continue making moves to build a contender.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

To be fair, I don't think Cuban really believes that. At least I hope he's not that dumb. I think he just knows that the trade could benefit both his biggest West rival (LA) and in-state/division rival (HOU), so he's piggybacking on the flawed logic of the day.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree that Cuban's statement is not correct. He's just glad the Laker's didn't get Paul.

But your quote above is not necessarily correct, either. You're premise assumes a real, tangible (lol) owner of NOLA would have allowed the trade. Maybe a real owner would be colluding with Howard, taking him on a river boat and Bourbon street to convince him NOLA and Paul is better than DWill and NJ. Weirder things have happened in the last week....right?