1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dmo headed to Euroleague to play for David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Scola got a similar offer that finally forced the Rockets to bump up their offer. I seriously doubt D-Mo is going to Europe, and the Rockets value him low enough to let him go there. The highest paid players over there are making the equivalent of like 3 mil per year. If he goes overseas I'll be shocked.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, but Scola's offer was during the crazy money time when a couple Russian and Greek owners were throwing fake money at ppl. Few of those big contracts actually paid the player what they said they would.

Nowadays, there isn't much chance in hell Motie gets more than Houston is willing to pay, and Morey knows it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

dang that sucks. As late as this has gone and the season just days away, you could probably see this coming

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just meant similar in the fact that it was used as leverage to get the Rockets to the table to pay up. Also Scola is and was a legit star over in the EL and was a huge draw. I'm almost positive that D-Mo isn't the draw that Scola would have been especially for a really good Euro team. Again as I mentioned in the other D-Mo thread, the highest paid players in EL are making around 2 to 4 million a year in dollar equivalence.

Look if its a 3 or 4, or hell... even a 5 mil per year offer that he's getting, the Rockets match that all day every day. The only thing I could see being a lure for D-Mo would be the length of years a team in Europe would give him. And teams in Europe probably would have the same concerns about longterm health that NBA teams have, its just their contracts can be structured a little differently.

Long story short, I think he's back by Nov 3rd or 4th if not sooner. But I'm not holding my breath until the date he's set to start missing paychecks.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He gets more Playing Time with other teams and teams overseas.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yule DD.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wiltjer! come on down!

10. craguin

craguin Member

11. craguin

craguin Member

12. omgTHEpotential

This. If the Rockets were not in Texas but in Canada for example, then you could argue that DMo might earn more money in Europe. He's not making more than $4mil/year in Turkey.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Let him go. I loved what he did on the court when he was healthy but that situation is no longer a guarantee since he's had the back injury. If he (or more accurately his agent) don't accept a one year qualifying offer to play for a bigger payday next season then he might be better off playing overseas.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Morey doesn't give a **** about this tbh, i mean, he obviously does but, the point here is that nobody in the NBA is willing to pay D.Mo what he wants so, that's all on him, if he wants to play in the NBA (like i hope he ends up) he needs to take the money the Rockets are offering, if not, well, go play in Europe and prove your real value is higher than what everyone thinks.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. arjun

arjun Member

eh peace out. back injury, pistons trade, chasing money instead of proving himself this year ---- peace.

Jacinto and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. I guess the DMo apologists can say "Well Eric Gordon's just as if not more injury prone than DMo and look at what he got this summer!" but that should indicate the level of commitment or want Morey has for DMo. Hell, he almost got rid of him for a 1st Rounder. I think Morey made a decision sometime around last December that the DMo and Jones Project failed and it's time to move on. Hence, the "lowball" offer of only offering the QO.

This funny thing is if DMo's agent really thinks his client is worth more than $4 million a year than he would have received an offer from another team already. At this point, if DMo wants to stay in the NBA he needs to suck it up, take the best offer available, and prove his worth this season. If he wants to pout then he needs to get out of the forest because it looks like he's scared of the wolves.

Jacinto likes this.
  18. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

DMo and his agent have to realize this move probably keeps him out of the NBA for at least 3 to 5 years.

Jacinto, RockWest and DrNuegebauer like this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Easy and cheap to pay someone to make a Euroleague rumor. This is his agent being an idiot.

D-Mo should have played Euroleague. Usually not a good idea with injuries and contract negotiations, but his situation was very specific. The agent has been useless and trying to save face now. Too late.

Jacinto likes this.
  20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

His time in Houston is done.

RockWest likes this.