1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dmo headed to Euroleague to play for David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

And that's all ok, i don't really know why you're telling me all these things about what he should've done etc...in fact i agree with you, i was just saying that basically, if no one has offered him a nice/decent contract at this point, is not cause nobody thinks the guy can ball in the NBA, but because they don't know how good his back will be.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Back injury plus Dwight equals Not Orlando Dwight. Dwight was unbelievable before his injury. He was superman. Post back injury he was what he was. DMo before his back injury was no Dwight. He should sign a one year deal if he believes in himself and anything other than that... Batman is right.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Are you arguing with me? I can't tell. Obviously his back is the issue. You keep saying he can play in the NBA and that's not the issue, but it is the issue because if his back isn't right all he's proven is that he used to be able to play in the NBA.

You said we want to see if his back is okay. Again, that's obvious. Since we don't know we made a reasonable bet on him at 4.4. The reason we know it was reasonable is that not one NBA team offered more. So 4.4 is either his value or it is over his value.

If he wants more money he needs to prove himself in the NBA. You keep saying he doesn't because he already has and it's just about his back but that's like me saying we should sign Kobe because he's already proven himself and the only issue is his age. Except that Kobe led teams to championships and D-Mo gave us [not even one full] season in which he looked like he was going to fulfill his potential. And then he failed a physical.

There's no reason to post saying "[ANYTHING], but we just need to know about his back" when his back is the whole issue.

And if this report is right, if he is truly considering a multi-year contract in Europe, I repeat that that is crystal clear proof he is not willing to bet on his ability to play well and healthy in the NBA for one full season. If he'd rather have a three year deal worth 9 million in Europe than a one year worth 4.4 in the NBA, he's demonstrating he thinks it's wisest to bet against his ability to return and contribute in the NBA. If I were Daryl and BJ came to me with this and asked me to beat it I would say, "If you guys would even consider this his back isn't right and he knows it. Have fun in Europe."

I very much hope the report is wrong, that D-Mo is healthy, that he will sign the one year, TRULY prove himself to be both good and healthy, and then re-sign with the Rockets for a VERY lucrative deal. The fact that he hasn't already done that gives me great concern about his health.

4. dmoneybangbang

The two are directly related at this point as clearly what he has done has not mattered.

5. Batman Jones

And I wasn't telling YOU those things. I just quoted you to make my point. I was posting to the board, not just you. This is the first I've heard of this rumor and I was expressing my response to it by quoting you and responding.

I didn't mean to suggest I was telling you things you don't know.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nope, i quoted dmoney's post as you can see -__-

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, obviously i guess..a back injury is pretty scary, and in those few months he played last year he didn't look as good as before, seems like nobody want to risk a multi year deal.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's ok, np. And as i told you before i also agree with some of your points, i was just arguing about where he should eventually prove himself.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

shieett... i could do a better job than Dmo's agent. he's done an embarrassing job so far. who are his other clients aside from donuts?

10. Malaya

Malaya Member

As I posted before, trust has been lost between him and the FO. If DMo ever comes back to the NBA, it won't be with the Rockets. He's gone ...

OldYelllowDog likes this.
  11. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Agree. It was fun, sorry to see you go. Do we start a new tribute to DMo or resurrect the old one from the Detroit trade?

12. dmoneybangbang

Trust? Not sure the relevance of that when no one else in the NBA is offering him a contract.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Thanks bud. Enjoy watching Goatijunas in Europe.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Trust? LMFAO

DMo can kiss the NBA goodbye if he doesn't understand the concept of free agency

15. Batman Jones

Doubtful. Both sides know this is business. It will either work out or it won't but there's no reason to assume there's bad blood.

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

We need to keep Dmo for the sole reason of irritating Draymond Green on the Warriors :cool:

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I really hope we can work something out with him.
    ( Also hope Dmo gets back to the player he was )

18. malakas

malakas Member

Those sources are garbage. Don't pay any attention to them. It's some random ppl making stuff up.
    If it was credible then Pick would have reported it and he hasn't.

Also the $ from Europe are net worth without taxes. Usually in big/rich clubs an apartment and a car is also provided for free.

The only thing I can think of is that with the new rules of the upcoming CBA, it's better for him to delay his RFA now.

19. rockets13champs

The nba needs some sort of short term IR so for 20 games we can have an extra roster spot

20. fv court

fv court Member