1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dmo headed to Euroleague to play for David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 21, 2016.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Either way I hope he hurries up and makes a decision soon. He obviously isn't getting paid what he wants. Not ONE single team in the league has made him a contract offer that he thinks he is worth. Somebody here doesn't understand how supply and demand works.

jump shooter likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes that is how RFA works.

WM

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Come on though. This is a bit extreme. The real games are about to start, every team in the NBA had massive amounts of cap room once upon a time and there are still teams out there that can ink him to a sizable offer sheet if they chose to. There is nothing to lose at this point. They aren't potentially missing out on the opportunity to sign other FA and worse case scenario is Houston matches. Nothing to lose at this point for a team wanting to take a shot a DMo and offering him a nice fat contract if they really wanted him. If I'm a GM, I would be thinking Houston just might blink and let him walk if the price was right considering they already tried to dump him once. That is exactly what Cuban did to get Parsons. He admitted that he knew there was an amount that Morey probably was unwilling to exceed. He played the game of chicken and won.

oakdogg likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

What it tells you is how the Rockets value Motiejunas at this time.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What it also tells you is how we're still screwed at that position regardless of what DMo does.

We're aiming low at slim pickings, and it isn't looking pretty for anyone or post season longevity.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Every single team in the NBA has the opportunity to offer DMo a contract, but they haven't. So, we know there is no market for his services currently. Not having a market may have to do with injuries, or the artificial restricted free agency may be doing it to DMo, but we do know that there is not currently a market for him in the NBA. The Rockets value the Rockets and paying DMo the least amount while he's coming off a back injury must be a high priority if you value your team's needs first.

Talking about Euroleague is just creating a market to make things competitive and swing things in DMo's corner. Houston may or may call it a bluff, DMo may or may not call Houston's bluff. Who knows? But we know that the value of DMo for the Rockets won't surface until it has to. This is because publicly valuing him too highly will only hurt the organization.

If you can get a read on the Rockets' value level placed on DMo, they're not doing their job.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

misleading title, predictions without any material and proof, not thread worthy at all

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm still confused as to why Morey should offer any more than vet minimum. Onus is on BJ Armstrong to prove DMo has a higher market value than that. They are gambling on themselves by not taking the QO - it affects Houston very little.

Taking a Euro contract is music to Morey's ears. At this stage I imagine the Rockets could care less if DMo suits up for them, and if he plays in Europe he is basically a 2nd round draft pick isn't he? A 'stash' player who we still have the right to match contracts. No doubt Morey will find a way to make him tradeable if he happens to play well over there.

To me the Europe thing suggests DMo is done.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully the Rockets stop being cheap soon, when Nene and Anderson end up hurt as always, they'll wish they had just paid the man. It would be a huge embarrassment for the franchise if they can't get something worked out.

10. Fantasma Negro

Just so he can end up hurt again LoL. I'd rather sign Carl Landry to vet minimum and get the season rolling. This team already has good chemistry, Dmo's pouting would only hamper that. Let him go, he's already been replace by Kyle

oakdogg likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

There is nothing about DMo that should be considered 'pouting'. It's part of negotiating, he can't just undervalue himself. Everyone is doing what they should. Blame the NBA players union if you don't like what's happening or the NBA itself, but the Rockets and DMo are both doing what they should.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nothing misleading about the title whatsoever son.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Either intentionally or unintentionally this was hilarious. Just the whole thing.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey cares because his job will be on the line if he can't sign DMO?

LOL

Who the fork you think you are? Kellyanne Conway?

Batman Jones, Mr. Clutch and oakdogg like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

DD, I think it might be fair to say Morey has become somewhat apathetic to the situation. Certainly not hugely so, but somewhat.

Assuming he sticks to his QO guns, well a DMo on the QO isn't quite the "asset" you describe. He has value as a backup big for the Rockets, especially as a mitigation to the high injury risk on this roster, but he isn't really tradeable in the typical sense, I don't believe - I think DMo would have refusal rights at that point on a QO, and the new team doesn't have bird rights (like the Rockets wouldn't), so he'd be a free agent again.

Maybe at the trade deadline the Cavs want to bolster their interior presence a bit and are willing to move their 1st round pick for him - and he agrees to it - but that's not really that valuable, if at all.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ramotadab and Mr. Clutch like this.
  17. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Appears that DMO time in Houston is over. Do we start a new DMo appreciation thread, or just resurrect the thread from when he was traded to Detroit?

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Resurrect!

OldYelllowDog and pippendagimp like this.
  19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm not sure that either of those things are true. I'm pretty sure his job isn't on the line--he's one of the NBA's longest tenured GMs at this point--and I'm not sure he cares as much anymore.

Morey is older now. He's been at this game many years. I think the disappointment and disillusionment only piles up. He knows now that the NBA is just another reality TV show, with a loose script to abide by. The bag-eyed, sleep deprived Morey is a thing of the past. Just so long as you can put a product out there that has a chance at a final eight spot in the playoffs, clearly that's the bar these days. Les and Morey didn't build this team to win. They built it to get Harden some stats, and to give some overzealous fans some false hope.

ramotadab and pippendagimp like this.
  20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lmao as if DMO isn't a walking injury report.