1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dmo headed to Euroleague to play for David Blatt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 21, 2016.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

On the bright side, the outcome of the D-Mo saga will at least give us a good sense for who here is a legit insider, and who's just full of crap.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I haven't gone through this entire thread but are there any reports as to what he is being offered in Europe? Is it more than 4.4 million? If not then why would he go to Europe to play for less money then what he could get with the Rockets? If he does then that goes to show just how bad he is being represented by BJ Armstrong.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

As a several-time-confirmed insider, I will appreciate flushing out the frauds

4. malakas

malakas Member

To answer this question we must know how much of the 4.4 million it actually goes to the player's pocket AFTER taxes. Coz the money from Europe are the net sum.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

malakas,
    I agree thats a better way to put it. So essentially the question should be, "is he going to pocket more money playing in Europe or less money?"

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

DMO is unhappy. He's considering his options allegedly. He doesn't see a role for him here, and he feels blindsided by mgmt.

IMO, he's not worth what he was asking for.

As I mentioned in the past, he was looking for 8 mill a year on an injury bug.

Things may change, but there is a chance DMO may not be a Rocket this year.

One guy who may be here comes from my guy Matt Barnes old stomping grounds. You're looking for a banger? So are we. Mike D needs a pick and roll guy who can shoot. Like red heads? :)

They want "assets" some expiring contracts and a string bean with potential.

SacTown is still a firesale(so many bigs, and an unhappy "Gay"), as is Philly (Young Footwork wants out, and he's expendable now that Embid is doing well.

. We're looking to get bigger. My boy Ne can't handle everyone. He already told me he needs some enforcers. Ron Ron? JK.

This roster is far from done.

Just what I heard recently.

Love ya'll.

Take care of your bodies.

XO

#106 Codman, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Deuce, ramotadab, ksny15 and 8 others like this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

DMo should've taken the offer weeks ago and got out on the hardwood.
    Now he may want to play with lower tier talent? I agree with everyone that says he needs a new agent. It really doesn't matter where he ends up at this point.

8. mockster

mockster Member

Thanks

9. malakas

malakas Member

I don't know. But until someone reliable reports it, I don't even take this rumour seriously.
    If there were serious talks, a reliable source would have reported it not some random twitter person.
    Take care of yourself as well Codman. Stay strong. :)

10. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Anybody know what this means?
    Only problem with Gay or Okafor to me is that if they move to the starting line up they would replace Ariza or Capela/Nene killing whatever defense we have. Noel on the other hand would be an amazing pickup

11. malakas

malakas Member

But even if the $ is around equal there is now a small incentive in becoming a RFA a year later. The new CBA is going to make it easier for RFA to get offersheets. On the other hand there won't be as many teams with lots of capspace (I think it's around half the league instead of 28 teams as was last year).

12. malakas

malakas Member

Probably wrong but Matt Boner? lol

13. mario elie

mario elie Member

A "string bean with potential"? Hmm, I hope that's not Dekker.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Any reason to why he feels blindsided? Did they promise him a certain amount of $$$ and then back down from the offer?

15. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

A big drop for DMo, from 2 seasons ago, and all the talk about a potential 15-18 million dollar a year contract being in the horizon. Then the injury bug hit him, and now needing to settle for 5 or so million. At least in Europe he get more time on the court.

16. craguin

craguin Member

LOL (@ Matt Bonner)
    [​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i honestly dont understand why he's mad; because we didn't sign him to a long-term deal? So what. The solution is that you play one last year and tell the org to F off next offseason, when free agency will once again become an overpriced shopping bonanza.

What is the deal here? This sounds unintelligent to me; on his part.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

how many of codman's messages have been true?

ramotadab likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Welcome back Codman, hope you're fine.

And thanks for posting.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol i had the same idea