1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd All star Returns in

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i hope Lin will be MVP of this all star game...even people who think he doesnt deserve it beleive he is capable of it..

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If the game wasn't in Houston and Lin gets voted in, do you think he would get boo'ed?

3. Roxs

Roxs Member

Wow, some of these statements by people on this board is just so ignorant. China is not voting for Jeremy Lin. Besides the fact that he's not Chinese and that not all Asians are the same, do you know that China accounts for 1/4 of the world's internet users? That's 538,000,000 online people in China. The second most online nation is the US, 10.2%, 245,000,000 users. (http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm)

If China was truly helping Lin, he would be first by 10's of millions of votes. Think about that before you make your xenophobic claims.

Look, Lin isn't my favorite player, but he is a Houston Rocket. I would love it if any/all of them made the all-star game. I could care less what NBA players think of Jeremy if he gets in and it's just mind-boggling that some here think Jeremy should be ashamed that he's one of the most popular players in the league.

How many players do you know that was cut on Xmas one year ago and was a star in the league by next Xmas playing in a national Xmas game? Do you think the NBA gave the Rockets a Xmas game because of Parsons/Asik? It sure wasn't because of Harden since Harden wasn't on the team when the schedule was made.

Really, the hatred of Houston Rocket player, Jeremy Lin, by supposed Houston Rocket fans on this board is just appalling. Absolutely, appalling.

4 people like this.
  4. langal

langal Contributing Member

Saw this same attitude with Yao (who was actually deserving of an All-Star spot). Are Asian players that polarizing? To the point that fans of the team they are on actually get angry if they make the All-Star team?

Since fans get to vote, it is obviously a popularity contest. And Lin is one of the most popular players on the planet. Does that anger you?

I can only hope that Lin continues his recent play and the team keeps on winning. If he can bring his averages up to 14 and 7 and the team is 25/16 - hopefully it would warrant 2 spots.

5. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

HTML:

I would rep you If I could

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Why? I am assuming you are referring to Harden, who would have fewer votes without Lin and would have no chance of being in the top 2 regardless.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's not Lin fans vs CP3 fans, Lebron fans would vote for CP3, Melo fans would vote for CP3, etc etc

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Do you realize that Lin is American with Taiwan parental roots, and that China HATES Taiwan (and vice versa)? Many in China WILL DELIBERATELY VOTE LIN OUT (by supporting Kobe and Paul) because they hate Taiwan. Ignorance (I won't call it racism just to be nice).

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Those other guys aren't Asian. Yao got the same reaction - and he actually deserved to be in the game. Back then, a lot of Rockets fans got their panties in a bunch because they were afraid Shaq's feelings would be hurt.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Another ignorant comment.

11. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

What's wrong with people of Asian descent? What about blacks voting for black players or whites voting for white players?

12. zhaizor

zhaizor Member

18 million asian americans in america... you're right. I'm actually Asian-American but didn't vote for Lin though. Maybe I should...

13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Another ignorant/racist post. China hates Taiwan. Lin is associated with Taiwan. Lin would be more likely to get into the All Star game of ALL Chinese votes were excluded.

14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This. Great post. Flat out racism, ignorance, and xenophobia, whether malicious or unintentional.

15. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

Lin should do the right thing and refuse an allstar invite.

i dont care if its in houston. its the right thing to do.

16. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

he will get more respect from his peers and a lot of fans that way.

17. Jedster

Jedster Member

That's right. TRUE Clutchfans would love to have Rockets in the AS Game and would be cheering on any Rockets. So it shows that those who hate Lin to be in the ASG are actually not TRUE Clutchfans.

Flames away! Hahaha...wait, I forgot to go vote for Lin and the gang today. Better do it now.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

How about you all stop caring so much about a pointless part of the NBA. The all-star break is a waste of time.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Don't bother. When it comes to any Asian player and all-star voting, basketball fans will never be rational about things. I've experienced so much of it during the Yao era that I've pretty much chalk it up to some weird sense of nationalism/racism. Yes, even Rockets fans, who for some absurd reason kept getting pissed that Yao(back when he was 2nd best center in the NBA behind Shaq) was an all-star starter instead of a reserve. And Yao actually DESERVED to be in the game back then.

Blake Griffin ahead of Tim Duncan? No big deal. Duncan will get voted in by the coaches.

20. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Yeah, like Lin is the first one who gets in by being popular. :rolleyes:

Sure. Let's change the rule of the game because OMG, a popular player gets voted in by fans. This can't be happening! The NBA is OUR domain, we selected few, not those others. :rolleyes: