1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd All star Returns in

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Dec 27, 2012.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Mo Williams 2009 All Star... yeah! I ain't even mad.

2. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Nice post. That means that those haters are more racist than they are Rockets fans. I guess racism does run deeper than basketball loyalty.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There's more to basketball than statistics. I'd put Harden ahead of Westbrook, but I have Parker pretty even with Harden.

Harden is guaranteed a spot with no Lin because Houston will get a player as long as they are reasonably deserving. Harden should be in, but I'm open to the possibility it wouldn't happen with one fewer spot to hand out.

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I just came in this thread just to read the LOHs, hahah.

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

People are so confused here. First they acknowledge that the Allstar game is a popularity contest (Duhh fans vote their favorite players) Then they criticize lin for being voted in for being too popular. Hes one of the most polarizing figure in the NBA, and is a really good player to add to that. No need to whine about a player that represents your city/or favorite team that gets respect. even if you believe its a little undeserved.

6. ada32

ada32 Member

If the fan voted for Lin and selected as starter, then Lin refuse to play, that is not a career enhancing move.

Fans will be pissed and walked out Toyota Center. I don't think Les want that at all! If the fans want burgers and you only serve buritos, will you stay in business long? Wow, NBA is a business? Yes, it is, Bublanski!

7. Jedster

Jedster Member

I know right? He'll piss off his 1,000,000 voters to please those 10 people who hate him.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Those 1 mil voters won't be pissed. They will follow Lin religiously regardless.

9. jeddah

jeddah Member

Hi..first time posting here..I've been a silent lurker for quite sometime and was intending to be just as it is..( to be honest, I was really turned-off when people started labeling Lin fans as LOF so I refrain from joining the forum...)

But then, though I am not Chinese myself, I feel bad for Lin fan's collectively..As if people assume that majority of his fans are Chinese..way back when Lin was still a Knicks,a lot of people in their forum are also bashing the fans and labeling them as Chinese..Has it occurred to you that most of Lin fans are not Chinese..

A friend in China told me before that a lot of people in China are not that into him..they love Yi Jin Lian ( not sure if correct ) more than him.

According to my friend, these are some of the reasons why a lot of Chinese are not a fan of his;

1. He is an ABC ( American Born Chinese ). ABC's are somewhat an outcast in China.
    2. Jlin can't speak Chinese fluently
    3. They didn't consider them as their own home-grown talent unlike Yao and Yi is..He is much more an American than Chinese..

So saying that China is voting for Lin is an insult not only to Lin but to his fans as well...I am not Chinese but I am voting for him...I also vote for Parsons and Harden because I want all of them to be in the game..And I don't know with others, but I can honestly say that I only voted once..

1 person likes this.
  10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Quit blaming China...trust me if China voted for Lin he would be the top voter already, a big bulk of the votes is probably within the US so it's just not about China. Also, why is it difficult to reason that he has more votes than Harden and a lot of other players...the All-Stars is a popularity contest...and Lin is THAT popular so just face that simple fact.:rolleyes:

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

People get upset because they can't stand the idea that a whole bunch of Asians and Asian-Americans have the power to swing all-star ballots.

On one hand, such ethnic/racial bloc voting isn't the most admirable thing in the world. However, when there's only 1 Asian player in the NBA, you can kind of understand it. Furthermore, when you add in the fact that there's almost a total lack of representation of Asians in the Western media, then it becomes even more understandable.

This is NOT, I repeat NOT, the equivalent of a bunch of White people trying to create an all-White all-star team or something. White people enjoy such an abundance of positive portrayals in the media that such actions would be rightfully construed as bitter racism.

But when you're Asian and you're practically invisible in society, then it's less of a crime to ballot-stuff for the Yaos and Lins of the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If he gets in, trust me it's not totally becuase of just Asian voters....look at Obama...sure > 90% of African Americans voted for him, but he had to have a good share of White, Asian, and Latino voters to push him over the top. If he gets voted in let's just enjoy what the All-Stars is about.:grin:

13. Jedster

Jedster Member

I'd be pissed. And I'll call his mom up to complain.

14. ada32

ada32 Member

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I wasn't here for Yao's first few years. Did he get this much hate for dominating the all-star ballot? And is the all-star game about the best players or just being popular? Because Wizards era Michael Jordan did not deserve an all-star spot.

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

boy it would be hillarios if Lin could manage to win all-stars MVP award...i guess he plays better under big lights and its not impossible for him to shine on that night!

17. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Even though his game has picked up over the last couple weeks, Jeremy Lin should not make this allstar team

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No you won't you'll continue to watch Linsanity because it's like walking into Disneyland apparently for you o_O

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Thanks. That explains a lot.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin played well against Rondo so he'll be okay.....I'm sure he's going to get a ton of assists....that's if he's team doesn't purposely try to make him look bad.:grin: