1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd All star Returns in

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

That's interesting because I've never seen Christians proclaim him as one of their own as to divide him from his ethnic heritage. People can keep both their faith and culture, just like there are Korean-American, Vietnamese-American, Filipino-American, Mexican-American Christians, etc or the many Black/White athletes who proclaim their love for God and Jesus. Faith transcends those cultural and racial differences and is generally supposed to be bring people together collectively regardless of race but that's not to say those ethnic/race issues don't exist.

Now the Chinese vs Taiwanese thing is obviously more sensitive due to politics, but the way Lin addresses that topic is very politically correct and I think your spot on with addressing the "hate" issue.

Going back to his ethnic background and religion, Lin has already shown he can be both as his family attends the Chinese Christian Church in Mountain View, CA and his pastor is Chinese-American, which also isn't anything different from the various ethnic groups that have their own Christian churches. He's also shared his religious views with other Asian-Americans through Youtube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iFQ0HO0kC8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e9pqusyWt2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

this +1. if people really want to use the word "hate", its Taiwan hates China more than the other way around.

And I have watched a few Rockets game in CCTV5 and Canton Sport TV (both from China). If all of China hates anything associated with Taiwan or Taiwanese, why they broadcast the Rockets games?

3. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Simply put, just like there are people in the USA who think Lin is overrated, overpaid, and only got hype because he was Asian, I'm sure there's some sort of sentiment towards Lin in China from some people as well that don't believe he's as good. Actually I remember hearing that some Chinese fans thought Liu Wei, starting PG of the Chinese National Team and Yao's Sharks teammate, was better than Lin before Linsanity happened.

Lin is still a relatively new player that burst onto the scene, and frankly some Chinese fans voting for Chris Paul may be voting for him, not because they necessarily hate Lin ,but because they simply just like Paul more especially since he has played in the NBA much longer. Just like Nash gaining votes, even when he's been injured most of the season, probably got some of his votes from China as well especially since he's Kobe's teammate.

4. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I believe he speaks Mandarin, at least the ads he did with Nike and KFC..he did speak it.

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

6. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Uh oh the 3rd AS game results will be posted soooooooooooon........curious what the results will be lol