1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao and McGrady for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jun 1, 2007.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Would you trade Yao and McGrady for Lebron + some fillers to match contract?

I never understood why the fixation with Kobe, he was never that great of a player in my eyes. Mainly because he has an extremely fluid game when he's attacking the basket and going for the score. But when he's trying to run the offense for his team, he just seems lost. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that when he isn't in the attack mode, his play just becomes awkward.

Lebron on the other hand just gets "it". He can score like tonight when he wants to, but even in the first 4 games (even the ones he lost) he seems to assess the situation and always makes the "right" play. Sometimes it doesn't work out (Marshall's miss) and he gets criticized, but to me his instinct of knowing what to do is going to set him apart in the next few years.

I think his price tag has officially gone up to a point where even Yao + T-Mac would get it done, but if Cavs are willing, would you?

P.S. I know there's a sticky, this is a poll.

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

No kidding! I would trade whoever for King James. Yao + TMAC for Lebron, no problem. But salary wise, it doesn't match. Lebron's salary is the same as Yao.

But hey:

Lebron >> Yao &

Lebron >> TMac

3. william847

william847 Member

Hell F**ken NO!!!!

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

If one day Lebron and Oden could be in the same team, that would be the most scary thing in the league. The duo would win it all.

Oden + Lebron >>> Yao + TMac

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

posts like this remind me why i can't root for him, here comes the freaking hype...

give me a break. you put yao and tracy on the cavs and they're in the finals, just like the cavs might be.

lebron's rockets wouldn't even have taken the jazz to seven.

6. demon77

demon77 Member

exactly!

After tonight games, I wouldn't consider Piston a top 5 in the league anymore.

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

LeBron sucks. Are you a Cavs' fan? Tou can only choose Yes...
    Tracy is a lot better, first he's a lot better shooter than LeBron. LeBron is quickes but he can only attack the rim. He really can't shoot from the outside.

Yao is probably one of the most dominate center in the NBA. He has a great touch and he is 7-6!

If Lebron joined the Rockets I would kill myself. But I know it will never happen! For me LeBron is the biggest biatch in the leauge

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Better question:

Would Cleveland do this trade?

NO

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Did you not watch the game tonight? LeBron is probably also a better shooter than Tracy. and Why would you not want him to take it to te Basket?

10. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Hype, hype and more hype. After Lebron and his Cleveland team lose the next two games and got eliminated from the playoff, you guys won't even want to give up Battier for him.

Tmac > Lebron.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

Even if Cleveland lose the series, I would still say Lebron > Tmac. Heck Lebron is in ECF in his 3rd season, and where is Tmac, the famous Mr. first round ...

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

SO what after one great game LeBron should be the best. He a star maybe even superstar but he's not shooting the ball better than Tracy. He had one perfect game but do you remember Game (10 points) and game 2 (16)?

13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

To quote Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction: "let's not start sucking each other's d***s just yet."

Look, Lebron just had one of the greatest performances in NBA history and is far better than either Tracy or Yao - maybe the best player in the game today, it's arguable.

But let's get serious. Yao and Tracy, relatively young, are the foundation of one of the best teams in the Western Conference. Lebron by himself woudn't win 40 in the West, I don't think. I feel foolish even putting so much thought into replying to such a question, but you add two scorers to this duo this summer (a very realistic course of action by trading Battier while picking up Francis/Mike James) and you have a bona fide contender. That's alot closer than you are with Lebron.

And just for the sake of it, this Rockets team as is would have swept through the East and probably disposed of the Pistons in 5.

14. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

Yes i would do the trade, so Yao and Tmac can get a free ride to the EAST finals, and watch Lebron trying to take his team out of West 1st round. :D

Ok, to be serious, Lebron is no doubt a top 3 player in the league right now, but for Yao AND Tmac. :eek:

Lebron > Tmac
    Lebron > Yao
    Lebron is NOT > Tmac & Yao

It's also funny how Nike made that big poster for lebron saying "We are all witnesses". Witnesses to WHAT, lebron being the next MJ or being the best player ever in the league? Tmac and Yao hasn't accomplished anything yet, but NEITHER DID LEBRON. If you say, O Lebron is already in the East finals, swap this Houston team with Lebron's cavs and Yao & Tmac will still be in the playoffs. :cool:

15. Northside Moss

Um, its one game people. And last I checked, DWade got Finals MVP on a crazy PPG last year, yet we wouldn't trade Yao for him, because apprantly DWade flops on air.

:/

16. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

for a second i thought i went to the sportscenter forum. wtf is with the yeses?

lebron is a good player, but he aint a superstar yet. he wont get anything acomplised in the west. i sure as hell would never trade tracy or yao for him, let alone both yao and tracy.

and i am not sold on greg oden either.

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

I admit a little over hype on Lebron, but to say he's not superstar, you must be nuts.

18. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

is Yao a superstar? if u say no you are nuts.

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I would do Lebron for current Tmac straight up in fantasy world. Not Tmac + Yao.

Can we start a more realistic thread now? I will never, ever, kiss LB's ass. I very much dislike the kid.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Maybe. Lebron will be dominant for another 10 years AT LEAST, and that's not even bringing in the fact that in all likelihood, we haven't seen his best basketball yet. Oh, and let's not forget that he doesn't have injury issues (probably has something to do with being a freakish man-child built like a granite boulder). We'd certainly be worse right away, but the clock wouldn't be ticking in our ear.
    T-Mac's back is a time bomb, and he never seems to dominate when it really counts. Yao is a reeeaaaalllly nice piece... but he's not Lebron.
    Tough call.