1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao and McGrady for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

clutch

please stop the pain

all these threads about trades are stupid!

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No I wouldn't, because a Lebron only team would die in the West.

But to the posters who say T-Mac is better than Lebron, in how so I ask?

As a shooter, here are the numbers:
    Lebron: 47% from the field, 32% from the arc
    Tracy: 43% from the field, 33% from the arc

Rebounding
    Lebron: 6.7 pg
    Tracy: 5.3 pg

Assists:
    Lebron: 6 pg
    Tracy: 6.5 pg

Eff rating:
    Lebron: +28.6
    Tracy: +21

Roland Rating:
    Lebron: +12.4
    Tracy: +11.7

Factor in that Lebron is still under 25 with room to develop still while Tracy is is breaking down at age 27 or so and that neither is great on defense while Lebron possess a fire that T-Mac lacks, and I'd say you'd have to be foolish, blind, or just so poed at the insane hype for LBJ to think that T-Mac is the better player at this point.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

This thread should have a poll.

Question: Is this the gheyest thread ever?

Answers:
    1. Yes
    2. No, this is only the second gheyest thread ever
    3. Wait... what?

4. New Jack

New Jack Member

Of course you don’t trade Yao and Mcgrady for LeBron, especially with the weak supporting cast he would have here, but I don’t think the idea deserves quite as much ridicule as it’s getting.

It’s an interesting proposal. I have always wondered if a team with two flawed “superstars” (injury-prone, soft, etc.) is any better off than a team with one nearly flawless superstar (wealth of talent, killer instinct, unselfish, durable, etc.). If you look throughout the history of the NBA, there have been a lot more teams that have won championships with one truly dominating superstar than two non-dominating (or inconsistently dominating) superstars. Last year’s playoffs showed how valuable it is to have that one player (Dwayne Wade) that can just shred apart a defense all by himself no matter what a team throws at him and carry a team on his shoulders to a championship.

Duncan and Lebron are really the only two players where I would even think about giving up 2 perennial all-star players for. But I don’t think the situation the Rockets are in (with our sucky role players) would allow us to do that. However, if I were a team like, say, Phoenix and the offer was Nash+Amare for Lebron, I might have to think a little harder.

Lebron + decent supporting cast = multiple championships.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It isn't about comparing T-Mac and LeBron ... it's about comparing the Cavs and the Rockets (in case you missed the thread starter trading BOTH Yao and T-Mac in his fantasy world) and the competition they face in each conference. The Cavs' path to the Eastern Conference Finals was the Wizards without Arenas and the New Jersey Nets -- are you KIDDING me? thacabbage said the Rockets, as is, would probably bowl through the playoffs there, and he's right. The Rockets were 24-6 against the East.

Let me say that again: The Rockets were 24-6 against the East.

One more time and take it slow: The Rockets were 24-6 against the East.

24-6

Now you know what you can do with that rolleyes graphic of yours.

6. Guru

Guru Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. You know what I'm thinking...if Rip scores 20 pts in a row towards the end of the game for the next 2 games and the Pistons make the finals, which one of you idiots (and i mean that in the nicest way)will start a thread or a poll or probably both to trade Yao and T-Mac for Rip!!!!! :D

7. justtxyank

Agreed. That's why the deal doesn't make sense. Trading Yao and T-Mac for Lebron would basically make us the Cavs but playing in the West. No shot at all.

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Well let's see if Adelman will change that and maybe next season Tmac = Lebron. The only thing missing is Tmac taking less 3's and more close range shots like Lebron. Wishful thinking I guess.

9. yaominn

yaominn Member

replace big z/james with yao/tmac, is cavs better? I think that migh be the one of the best team in NBA, beat detroit easily

replace yao/tmac with james/big z, wow, that's a no 9 or no 10 team in the west at best.

10. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

And i uppose ure yao is better then lebron. neither of yao or tracy are in lebrons league. tracy is a bit closer due being better then yao.

12. justtxyank

Because Yao is much better than Z.

13. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Ridiculous......I ignored my conscience and clicked anyway. :rolleyes:

14. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Is James better than T-mac ? maybe, If you consider T-mac's back, otherwise no. Except last night performance, James's playoff is not oudstadning at all.

But Yao and T-mac together for James? Come on, It's really 3 years old kid fancy thinking after watching last night game.

You might think trade T-mac for Duncan and Kobe after seeing T-amc dropping 13 points in 30 seconds. ;)

15. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

if we did this we would suck more than the cavs

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Please i am not surprised about this thread after an amazing game by lebron.

but as clutch said the east is the east the west is the west. if the rockets were in the east i would expect them to be in the ECF at the very least if not in the finals. the rockets would more than likely be a 1 or 2 seed and have close to a 60 win season (58 wins or so if taking winning % per conference) and that including yao's injury if yao wasnt injured i would say at 60.

lebron is an amazing player a franchise guy but the guy has had the easiest run to the ECF i have ever seen. people say mcgrady was in the east and failed, but he was always a lower seed against better teams, the team lebron has around him is vastly superior to the talent tmac had in orlando. even this detroit team is lacking that chemistry and swagger they used to have even though they have better talent on the team.

cleveland wouldnt trade lebron for a marketing reasons alone, but if $ had nothing to do with it i am sure they probably would trade lebron for tmac and yao.

its a damn shame that everyone criticizes tmac right now because he hasnt gotten out of the first round and i do criticize him at times quite a bit myself because he has had his chances, but i do take them in context. 0-6 but i would have said he has only really had a real shot of winning any of those series the two times he went to the playoffs with the rockets and he should have won one of those two series. the west is just so loaded the first team in 05 i would say had better talent and chemistry and the 07 team had talent but not as good chemistry as one would help and no faith in the young guys (not tmacs fault but the coaches)

i am upset he hasnt taken the rockets past the first round the past 2 times, the times in orlando and toronto i dont really care.

i would trade lebron for tmac because of the age alone and less health issues, but i think even if you put lebron on the rockets in the west they would have a hard time making it to the second round just because of the competition.

oh yeah i'll say this put the cavs in the west and i would be suprised if they are higher than an 7-8th seed

17. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

bron is officially now the best player.

but cmon, did u see him in games 1 and 2? outside of the lsat 3 games of the playoffs, he never had a dominating performance yet. so relax.

and he is in the east. playing the overrated pistons. pistons' reputation got them this hype and now we see what happens.

houston w/o yao can beat this cavs team in 6 dude. relax.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Lebron is going to be better than Jordan. I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

lebron is the best player hands down right now. i'm not ashamed to say that. when u see greatness, u recognize it. but it aint like tmac is far away from lebron. whenever they go head-tohead, tmac often kills lebron. that rarely happens w/ MJ.

though lebron IS the best player on the planet, it's not like tmac cannot match up with him.