1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao and McGrady for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jun 1, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

well said. i'm sorry, but look at the situation. look at the teams playing. seriously, with JVG coaching (and brown is coaching defense in a very similar way), we would OWN the east. with or without yao.

24-6 is the best of ANY western team v. the east.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Lebron's conference is irrelevant. Within 5-6 years the guy is going to be one of the greatest players to have ever stepped foot on the court. If he can't carry the Rockets alone in what is still really the infancy of his career, the worst that can happen is the Rockets get some lottery picks to develop alongside him.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

and why do fans on here want the best player all the damn time? not every team have the best player.

just be fortunate we have a player who is top a top 3-4 perimeter player in the L and a top 5 big man in the L (top center). both are top 10 players in the L.

u can build around that. u just need ROLE PLAYERS to step up when it counts.

again, tmac WILL be better next yr. his back seems good now and not acting up so randomly like it did in 05-06. he will train hard.

again, yao WILL be better next yr. he'll learn to get better position, be more aggressive, and hopefully learn how to lead a team when tmac is not on the floor.

some ppl on here are so optimistic. u want to trade tmac for lebron/kobe. wtf? they're the 2 best players in the NBA. EVERY team would want those 2 on their team. but guess what? ur not gonna get them unless u trade ur best player and some to get them. and guess what? then u still suck.

now step back and breathe. tmac is a top 6-7 player. yao is a top 10 player. now think about that.

what rank is our bench? 29th? what rank is our group of role players? 20th?

it's the ROLE PLAYERS.

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

WTF!!!!!! I'm so sick and tired of these stupid ass threads clogging up the board :mad:

5. kkuu

kkuu Member

Hell no, LJ is not a good player

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's almost as bad as Tim Duncan.

Nothing but hype.

T-MAC 4 EVER AND EVER!

:p

7. Sextuple Double

How about we trade conferences with the Cavs rather than the players so every one here can just STFU

8. anon3803

anon3803 Member

I have to agree. All this about McGrady being better than Lebron is just pure crap. Lebron is almost the best player in the game right now and will get better. He is also much more consistent than McGrady, especially in the playoffs. However, trading two top notch superstars for one extremely good superstar is still a dumb deal.

9. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

I just had to comment on this. T-Mac, in the playoffs, before this year, averaged 29 PPG, 6.8 rpg, and 5.8 apg...generally, the knock against McGrady isn't his lack of consistent domination in the playoffs. Not that I'm saying Lebron isn't better than McGrady at this point. Actually if you looks at McGrady's first series as the main threat, he averaged 33.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, and 8.3 apg, and he was 21 at the time. Just putting that out there.

10. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

If Lebron and his Cavs is in the WC, they are not any better than Kobe and his LAL.
    He and Wade are so lucky coz they are in the EC.
    If Yao, T-Mac and Rox are in the EC, we are still in the playoffs. The teams in the EC can't beat Rox, except for that Pistons may get us in trouble. Chicago, Cavs, Miami and Nets are decent teams in the east, but I remember rox beat they again and again.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

In this hypothetical situation, you are not trading to win now. You are investing in a 22 year old who is already a top 3 NBA player and has a decent shot at becoming the greatest player to ever step foot on the court. Play your lottery picks from being in the tough Western Conference right and you could wind up with a dynasty built around him.

12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

you're right.

i can't lie, i would trade yao for KG straight up. and I would also trade tmac for kobe straight up. i have said so in a few other threads.

but those deals won't likely happen.

we need to focus on the role players and improve our bench (we don't really have one).

it IS the role players that need to be addressed.

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

As a Rocket fan not a chance I want to win with OUR guys...

but make me a GM and I'd do it with no hesitation. Ya we take huge steps back just making the playoffs would be almost a toss up. But lets get real LeBron is 23. Hes the real deal the only haters he has our b/c the hype he gets but nobody rips his game, nobody rips his personality he has everything.Like I said hes 23 so we struggle the next season and probaly the next.

But by year 3 theres no reason why there shouldnt be a supporting cast on the court that will contend for the titlle year and year out a very very long time.

Think about LeBron in FIVE years is still in his prime. In 5 years T-Mac is most likely out of the league and Yao god I cant imagine how slow and frail he will be hes on his way out.

LeBron is a player that will get atleast 1 ring. Like Duncan/Dream/Shaq. They were due for 1 atleast 1. Build a team the right way and they will win multiple.

I dont think the Cavs are winning it all this year but I guarantee LeBron will get 1 right atleast.

Does T-MAC/Yao get 1? Man I hope so but I really dont know. 50/50 IMHO

I love T-MAC/Yao but if you got a chance to get LeBron freaking James you unload whomever you want on this roster and go from there. Of course we dont the Cavs wouldnt trade LeBron for anything in the league. This thread is stupid b/c it will never happen not even a pipe dream ala kobe. Not B/C we get screwed on the deal.

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

words.

15. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

dont think cleveland would trade LBJ for yao and tmac

16. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

If the Cavaliers had T-Mac and Yao on the team now, they would already have been on their way to the Finals. Pistons would have been flattened 4-1.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

wow....not the worst thread ever, but still pretty bad

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I agree 100%

19. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

lebron is seriously overhyped. he is incredibly athletic and talented but he is either not smart enough or is still too immature. i'm betting he is not smart enough to be as good as he is hyped to be. he is no stromile swift mind you. but he's no jordan or hakeem when it comes to intelligence. and one big game in the playoffs does not make him a hall of famer. i choose to wait until he plays like hes the best before i will call him the best.

20. tsunami

tsunami Member

Why did you think he's not smart ? I observe the exact opposite. He plays very smart and unselfish bball. He makes his teammates better. And he can takeover the game at clutch time. Lebron already shows better leadership than Kobe and TMAC. So please elaborate your point.