1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao and McGrady for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jun 1, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

^ yea lebron is one of the smartest players in the game. u dont have to be book-smart to be bball smart (see kobe). kobe still has not learned how to trust his teammates.

bron and tmac are on another level in terms of superstar scoring + playmaking. but tmac has to start making his J. i can't even believe lebron has a better J than tmac (not b/c bron has improved, but b/c tmac's J has regressed). let's fix that tmac.

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

did I see you still a member just couple days before? Glad you were demoted as well. I am not along :D

3. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i agree that he is a much better leader. i see him make too many bone-headed plays. he tends to take a page out of the francis book and dribble away 20 seconds from the shot clock too often. he takes too many bad shots. if he is on like he was in the last game, he looks like jordan. but much too often he misses those shots. anyone will miss those shots.

4. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

I was responding to your required reading comment. I will respond to this as well. All to often we as Rockets fans like to use the "..But if we were in the East excuse." Bottom line, WE ARE NOT! The Cav's and Lebron are on there way to beating a very good Pistons team. Something is to be said for that. We did not dominate Cleveland nor Detroit in the regular season, two of the remaining teams in the East. Truth be told the East does have and abundance of Garbage teams in regular season play, but in the playoffs its a whole different story. So to say we would bowl through the playoffs in the East is a little :confused: IMO. If your happy with the Rockets being Eastern Conference paper champions so be it. It does not prove or mean anything as we are in the WEST. Also we splitt both series with Cleveland and Detroit in the regular season, doesnt sound so dominating to me... Are you saying the Rockets "as-is" would have rolled right through Cleveland or Detroit? Oh yeah, let me give you one of these for good measure :rolleyes: ... :D

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm puzzled how you're not able to understand this by now.

The initial "required reading" by thacabbage said clearly that LeBron is better than T-Mac or Yao, but yet you feel the need to teach us this as if it's somehow refuting what he wrote. And who here has said that they are "happy with the Rockets being Eastern Conference paper champions"? That's just plain stupid. We all know the Rockets aren't actually in the East -- you've completely missed the point.

This thread is about trading Yao/T-Mac for LeBron in a fantasy world, is it not? thacabbage's point in response to that was clear: If you trade Yao and T-Mac to the East for LeBron, the Yao-T-Mac team is likely going to win the East and the LeBron team is going to have a b**** of a time getting out of the first round in the West -- for atleast the next couple of years. That's just reality. Is LeBron suddenly that much better than Kobe that he transcends the game and blows the Cavs past the Suns? No.

FACT: No Eastern Conference team won more than 53 games this season.
    FACT: Based on actual percentages if their schedule shifted to an Eastern Conference schedule, the Rockets, as-is, would have won 57-58 games.
    FACT: The Rockets were 24-6 against the East and 13-2 against the East at home.

Is it reasonable to assume the Rockets would be top contenders to be in the NBA Finals from that conference if they were in it?

Without a doubt.

6. sun12

sun12 Member

Hey, the better idea is to move the Rox to the East Conference and move the Cleveland Cavaliers to the West Conference, that would be a great trade. Rox will get into the conference final year after year while Cleveland would be one and out year after year.

7. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Look my response was directed at his last paragraph. While I do respect his and your opinions but I do not have to agree with them.

You brought up the point of "If the Rockets were in the East." It should have not been in the discussion in the first place as we all know "The Rockets are not in the East!"

And this is where i think I have mis understood you and you misunderstand me. I would expect no less than Yao and Tmac to be a top contender in the east. Do I think they would make it to the finals? NO. But I can see the point there. My original point was more so, a one for one swap for Lebron and Tmac, and how some were saying Tmac is better than Lebron. Uh.. NO! Tmac has never been what Lebron is. Thats more so where I was coming from as this thread was evolving to a "Tmac alone is better than Lebron".

I do see "on paper" how you come to the suggestion that a Yao and Tmac would dominate the East. But I am a believer in talk is cheap and action speaks louder than words. Unless its been done, hypotheticals mean nothing to me. So I do see what your saying, but I dont necessarily give "our" duo that much credit because together they have proved nothing to us but how to get kicked out of the first round.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ugh, I give up. Waste of my time. Just... dumb.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Rockets in the East would be like the Mavs in the West. Heartless group with an inflated record that fizzles out in the first round.

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

lebron james is one of the most valuable player to a team in the nba. Dont forget this is his 4th year in the nba, taking a team to the finals at age 22!!!. While yao ming a 5th year player at almost age 27 and tmac 10yr player at 28 have never even proven to be winners. If this trade ever happens, begrateful that houston has striked gold because even in the Western conference, lebron will gurantee atleast a championship in the next decade or more, while yao ming and tmac, if they can get it done in the next 2 or 3 yrs, they are done and right now, their biggest obstacle is advancing to 2nd round... talk about winning it all. I would do this trade without consideration because a superstar at 22 is worth even more than his proven status up to now

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

id do this trade defintely

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lebron's sophomore season was better than any year t-mac ever had.... lebron is the best player on the planet

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

exactly. Lebron is a winner while both TMac and Yao are proven losers. This is just Lebron's 4th season, and he's only 22. Also note that unlike Wade, Lebron's supporting cast is about average if not below. He almost single-handedly made one of the worst teams in the league a contender in just 4 years.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

lebron in the deciding game of the series: 20 pts on 3-11 shooting.

u think we have any chance if tmac put up that stat in a playoff game? a RESOUNDING NO.

bron's supporting cast > our role players. his supporting cast is ABOVE average.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why do people post these threads without poles?
    can you imagine going to a pole vaulting competition where there was no poles?

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

This was a poll (with both of the choices being yes cuz I was typing too fast) but mods removed it because of the rediculousness of the thread.

This thread was never meant to be serious, the first half of it was basically slamming Kobe (because I was irritated with other two threads trading our superstars for him). I also dislike the divisiveness the other two Kobe thread have done to the board. I want the boards to think of our tandem as one.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFWPeVfWB9o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFWPeVfWB9o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. ikfit

ikfit Member

trade this trade that, come on, We are a team and now Tmac and Yao are our superstars.

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

fake superstars.

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

I hope Lebron beats Spurs and all you Lebron nay-sayer shut up.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

I'm sure SAS will keep their asses 4-1! or 4-0! I don't like SAS but I hate LeBron and Cavs