1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao and McGrady for Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jun 1, 2007.

1. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Dude, this is one game of freaking double overtime where LeBron just happened to get into a zone. If you want to use this one game example, then I would say that Kobe Bryant would have won the game in normal time already. Do not make him a deity because of a one in a lifetime game.

Just like you also do not elevate T-Mac to godhood status because of his freak 13 point in 30 seconds game against the Spurs.

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Sincerely I would like to ask the thread starter this question:

How can our team benefit from this trade?

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well gooid point. That's not about what would you like Rockets to do. That's all about what can happen...

4. kevtse

kevtse Member

HELL NO NO!!!
    Lebron sucks!!!

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Or more like what can never happen. I understand it's the off season for us and all.. but damn, people dream too much.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

ANd sometimes I hate when the people dream to much...Like T-Mac for Kobe or Yao For Kobe or T-Mac for LeBron

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Lebron by himself in the west would do no better than Kobe and the Lakers.

8. getready

getready Member

no way, we are giving up too much for him but he is a heck of a player

9. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

whats with the influx of r****ded polls?

are we going to have to suffer through a poll of trading Yao or TMac or in this case...the boldest of r****ded moves yet: BOTH...every time someone has a good game in the playoffs?? :confused:

can you spare us all your knee jerk reactions by having to create a new r****ded thread and just put this crap in the Trade Proposal Thread...

I mean that's why Clutch created that thread...for r****ded **** like this. So like minded r****ds can sift through pages to discuss these r****ded suggestions instead of everyone else having to suffer by your post bumping actual relevant and interesting topics off the page...

I promise...even if you didnt make a new thread for your precious poll...plenty of fellow r****ds would still have responded to your suggestion...

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I WOULD TRADE YAO OR TRACY FOR LEBRON IN A NANO SECOND. did you see how he scored 29 of the last 30 points of the cavs by himself?. LBJ is probaly the best player at the moment at only 22.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Lebron's rockets wouldn't even make it to the playoffs.

12. hotballa

I have to ask, are you brain dead or should Clutch take away your post midnight posting privileges?

13. hotballa

I'm not enamored with Shebron. He's actually very passive at times, which is very maddening when you consider his talent. If he displays the same intensity over a year, then yes I'd trade Yao or Tmac for him, but until he does, there's no point, we already have two extremnely talented, sometimes passive, payers on our team.

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Hype?. he had one of the greatest playoff performances of alltime. he is quiet easily better then yao and is better then tracy. however i certianly wouldnt trade them both for him. i would trade either one of them though without hesitation.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He's only 22.

16. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

So pretty much anyone can make a new trade post, and just use a poll as justification for starting ridiculous thread when there's a STICKY random trade thread at the top.

Thx for taking up space and bandwidth. You are winnar.

17. cook

cook Member

NO! I never liked Lebron.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I stripped the poll with the two wonderful answers of YES and YES. Brilliant. I may merge this with the random trade idea thread, but I let some random ideas slide with Kobe given current events... I don't want every random trade idea in a new thread just because it has a poll.

Also this post by thacabbage should be required reading for the LeBron discussion. Especially that last paragraph.

19. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Man that last paragraph is a bunch of CRAP. When TMAC was in the east what did he do.... NOTHING! I would not trade both for Lebron, but truth be told, Tmac cannot hold Lebron's jock! Lebron, now understand's his role being the star of his team. We have two soon to be max players and neither one of them plays with the passion that Lebron plays with. Yao is on his way, as for TMAC, per his accomplishment's his no more than a modern day Mitch Richmond. The Pistons are still a top five team, its just a testament to how good Lebron is. The kid has truley no help offensively. Yao and TMac have each other and where did that get us. Take the Rose colored shades off and give the man props. He is putting his team on his back and they are going to the finals, while Tmac is some where in America fishing..... :rolleyes:

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we could've just offered cleveland a package of steve, cat and cato for the #1 pick.

everyone would've thought the rockets were crazy to give up an all star for a high school kid....

i bet the cavs would've gone for it.