1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook strained right quadriceps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

We should be demolishing these bums without Russel. If we can't beat them without him we can't win championship with him. It all starts with offense in g1 we saw sophisticated Rockets picking defense apart, calmly. Last two games I couldn't watch that bullshit trigger happy threes I don't understand point of them. Of course 3>2 but not that far, and not that quick. Quick threes are g reat with Russ on the court because he is at hist best in that sort of unorganized coast-to-coast play. But when he Is not playing we have chubby James who doesn't like to run, chubby EG, thick PJ and slow ass Robert Covington what is the point of running quick with this lineup ?? They are the ones getting tired with CP and Schroeder on the other side. This is ****ing college basketball coaching level can we get Juwan Howard already for Pringels?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If true, then the Rockets never had a chance to begin with. No reason to really worry about it. Just another wasted year.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I agree. At some point even the slightest adjustment can be made. It doesn’t mean throw your teams philosophy out the window. There is plenty of room in between

So Saith Red, JayGoogle and Tfor3 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw u looking at just one end of the court...pj ur best defender. We not in need of scoring. We in need of a play maker n roll guy more. Thats what green is. I just think the team will be more dynamic that way

saleem and Patience like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol read your first sentence then stopped...no we shouldn't be...they have the same damn record as us...n i could of sworn even before russ got hurt everyone was like i dont wanna see the okc thumder in the playoffs. Now u trying to make it seem like they trash lmao...

RocketsMAN! and Patience like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

Pj don’t know how to set screens like Jeff green. He always getting called for moving screens. Never mind the bricking off wide open 3’s. I don’t see any argument for pj starting.

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

bro we got weak ass record. Not getting through them without Russ means not getting championship with him there's Clippers, Lakers and Bucks along the way

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

1. The screens...did u not read my post. Thats why I said u start green at center for he can do screens..

2. Hello I said u can start pj at sf...he is our best defender you dope.

3. Ahhhhh pj tuckers is shooting 44 percent from 3 in these playoffs. Like please do research

How can yall be rockets fans in not know simple things on the team...its crazy

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Houston Rockets held an intrasquad scrimmage Thursday to get All-Star guard Russell Westbrook his first full-speed, 5-on-5 action since he was diagnosed with a strained right quadriceps, sources told ESPN.

"He looked as explosive as ever," a source said.

Westbrook missed the first four games of the Rockets' series against the Oklahoma City Thunder, his former team. With the series tied, he planned to test the quadriceps pregame in an attempt to play in Game 5 Wednesday, but NBA games were postponed because of players protesting racial injustice.

Teams are awaiting word from the league office that playoff games will resume Saturday.

Westbrook, a late arrival to the NBA's Walt Disney World Resort campus in Florida because he tested positive for COVID-19, felt soreness in his right quadriceps after the Rockets' loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Aug. 4. He sat out the next two games because of what the team originally deemed a right quad contusion.

Westbrook played 28 minutes in Houston's Aug. 11 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, recording 20 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists. The Rockets announced the next day that an MRI had revealed that Westbrook had a strained muscle in his quad, and he has not played since.

11. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

"Source" - Chris Clemons lol

12. JW86

JW86 Member

The quad is referring to the thigh muscles yeah?

Kendrick Lamar likes this.